CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering why he dropped out of high school as he did go on to get his GED and then earned a Bachelors. If these are indeed his parents who divorced and their divorce was in Sept. 1964 (not confirmed) and his mother remarried in February 1965 (confirmed), that would be a very fast turn-around and if there was a cross country move thrown into the midst, and a new school, that would be a lot for any teenager to absorb.

I can't confirm that this is the divorce record of JDD's parents, but it could be. I did read an article when the story first broke that someone who knew JDD in Exeter reported that JDD moved to California with his stepfather and his mother while in high school. I could try to locate that article if you wish and post it here.

ETA: I found the article - see #4. The son of his stepfather's employer is one who is quoted stating JDD moved to Auburn. CA with his mother and stepfather when he was in high school. I've seen a picture of his senior picture from Folsom High. This article states that he graduated from Folsom, but other sources say he received a GED.
https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/joseph-deangelo-mother-father-kathleen-bosanko/
In 1995 there are several stories of remains found in North Korea and Vietnam. They were first transferred to South Korea. Those that could be identified as American were repatriated. But might the date and place of death have been recorded as South Korea if that is where the identity took place? I have not seen anything that shows the Sr Deangelo as MIA. But maybe that just hasn't been dug up.
How would a wife move on and remarry with a spouse who was listed as MIA? Would they have to file a divorce?

This article from the Sacbee states she did file, but she must have dropped it later. That happened to me in a divorce because I was threatened. He was so volatile I left the house (which was mine) and filed for divorce and he had such a melt down and threatened to burn the house down and kill me and I was so shattered from the weird experience I dropped it, but only for a few months. I didn't go back but did finally proceed with the divorce. They had young kids in 1991. Something made her drop it.
http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article210462009.html
"Court records show DeAngelo was married from 1973 until he and his wife, a Sacramento family law attorney, separated on Dec. 30, 1990. She later filed for divorce. The couple had three daughters, according to the divorce petition, born in September 1981, November 1986 and May 1989."

Sorry that you had to go through that and glad you are out of ir! I'm thinking she may have it dropped the divorce because she may have been afraid he would do something, or he may have given her a good idea of what he would do.

In 1995 there are several stories of remains found in North Korea and Vietnam. They were first transferred to South Korea. Those that could be identified as American were repatriated. But might the date and place of death have been recorded as South Korea if that is where the identity took place? I have not seen anything that shows the Sr Deangelo as MIA. But maybe that just hasn't been dug up.
How would a wife move on and remarry with a spouse who was listed as MIA? Would they have to file a divorce?

That is very interesting and that thought did not occur to me. Thank you so much for this information. I don't know the legalities if someone is MIA and whether their spouse would need to file for divorce before remarrying, but it makes sense that they would.

Edited to add - I just checked and this is the same man (JJD Sr.) and on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs file on ancestry, there is more detail than what is provided in the Social Security Death Index. It shows he enlisted n the Air Force in 1970 and he was released in 1973, so it appears he didn't die in the Korean War. The Florida divorce (if it is the divorce of JJD's parents) was in 1964.

That is very interesting and that thought did not occur to me. Thank you so much for this information. I don't know the legalities if someone is MIA and whether their spouse would need to file for divorce before remarrying, but it makes sense that they would.

Edited to add - I just checked and this is the same man (JJD Sr.) and he is showing an enlistment in 1970 and he was released in 1973, so he apparently re-enlisted in the Air Force and was in Viet Nam. It doesn't appear he went MIA (and died) during the Korean War. The Florida divorce (if it is the divorce of JJD's parents) was in 1964.

It won't let me copy and paste the information here, but it is from the SS death file on ancestry.com.
I had been wondering if he was serving in Vietnam as well as his 2 sons.

JMO, but I don't think he ever had an accomplice. I believe all of the incidences reported (of a possible accomplice) involved victims reporting having heard another voice or noise. I think it was the GSK who was faking those voices or making noises, to make it appear there was another person involved because he knew the victims would report this to investigators and it would throw investigators off track.

Agreed and also to give the victims the impression that “there is more than one” as another means of control...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/09/golden-state-killer-lawyers-fight-to-keep-documents-sealed.html
[h=1]'Golden State Killer' lawyers fight to keep documents sealed[/h]
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Defense attorneys for the man suspected of being the 'Golden State Killer' argued Wednesday that prosecutors' search and arrest warrants should not be released publicly.

The Associated Press and other news outlets have filed a motion to unseal the information related to the April arrest of Joseph DeAngelo, a 72-year-old former police officer.
DeAngelo's public defender, Diane Howard, argued that making the documents public would result in media coverage that could taint witnesses and jurors, leading to an unfair trial

Sorry that you had to go through that and glad you are out of ir! I'm thinking she may have it dropped the divorce because she may have been afraid he would do something, or he may have given her a good idea of what he would do.

JJD was all about control?

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article210665984.html
attachment.php

[h=3]'He's just a babe': Detective in East Area Rapist case has become an unlikely sex symbol[/h]

Attachments

• DM1802_cover_web.jpg
    DM1802_cover_web.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 254
I saw the other day a large newspaper filed a FOIA for details of the bust including items taken from his house.... Is that what his lawyer is fighting in court?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Howard's motion provides fresh, if limited, details about what type of information prosecutors put forth to obtain the arrest warrants. They include details on rapes DeAngelo allegedly committed, which can't be tried because they are past the statute of limitations, she wrote.

Also included is a statement attributed to an unidentified homicide victim, witness statements from decades ago, theories on DeAngelo's alleged methods and evidence items, according to the motion.

"Publicizing this information will affect the reliability of witness testimony and the fairness of the trial," Howard wrote.

The affidavits do not include extensive information about the use of genealogical websites used to link DeAngelo to the case through DNA, she wrote.

Attorneys for the news outlets argued unsealing the warrants could provide additional details about the techniques used to identify him. Their motion also cites the longstanding right to access court records and the immense interest in the case.

A hearing on the news outlets' case is scheduled for Monday." (May 14)

"Also included is a statement attributed to an unidentified homicide victim"

Wonder what this could be about?

Also included is a statement attributed to an unidentified homicide victim

Does this mean there is another homicide victim (unidentified) that we haven't heard about yet?

My question is...How can a homicide victim make a statement? Isn’t s/he dead? Is it possible one of the homicide victims was able to tell police something before they passed? Or do you think this is from a friend or family of one of the victims?

MOO

Hope this link is fine to post.
https://www.damemagazine.com/2018/05/09/the-golden-state-killer-in-my-backyard/
The Golden State Killer in My Backyard

Reflecting on her childhood fear of the serial rapist-murderer, who was recently arrested in her hometown, the actress and writer wonders how her parents were able to ultimately make her feel safe.
Molly Ringwald May 9, 2018
When I read on April 25 that a suspect had been arrested in Citrus Heights, California, the hair on my arms stood up. In 1976, when he committed his first known crime, I was living with my family at 7554 Garden Gate Drive in Citrus Heights just a few miles away. My grandparents lived in Auburn at the same time the suspect, Joseph James DeAngelo, lived and served on the police force there. Sometimes, when I visited them, they would take me for pancakes at the Denny’s where DeAngelo’s mother supposedly worked.

My question is...How can a homicide victim make a statement? Isn’t s/he dead? Is it possible one of the homicide victims was able to tell police something before they passed? Or do you think this is from a friend or family of one of the victims?

MOO

That is what I thought at first. I think the sentence may be poorly written and have to do a statement by someone (perhaps LE) about an unidentified homicide victim. At least, that is what I think it means.

Also included is a statement attributed to an unidentified homicide victim

Does this mean there is another homicide victim (unidentified) that we haven't heard about yet?
Wondering if someone was able to scribble or say something before dying?
speculation, imo.

Wondering if someone was able to scribble or say something before dying?
speculation, imo.
Perhaps the statement was made by the homicide victim prior to the murder in a report about being stalked or a report of a theft. And they were later murdered.

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2018/05/09/agencies-map-plans-golden-state-killer-case/597276002/
[h=1]Agencies to map plans for Golden State Killer case[/h]
Law enforcement officials from Orange, Sacramento, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties are expected to meet up in the next few days to decide where the accused Golden State Killer will be prosecuted, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office said Wednesday.
Key among the issues yet to be worked out is whether DeAngelo will be prosecuted in multiple trials in the various counties, or if the charges will be consolidated for a single trial.

If a consolidated, a team with prosecutors from all of the affected counties that have brought charges against DeAngelo could be put together, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office noted.

IMO, your comment illustrates why psychopaths are attracted to careers in law enforcement. Police PR, departments have created and perpetrated a myth portraying all police officers as saints, and the majority of the public has bought it hook, line and sinker. What a great situation for DeAngelo, to hide without scrutiny. I believe if drug and DNA testing were a prerequisite for employment in LE, monsters like DeAngelo, would not attempt to become police officers in the first place.

Drug testing is a prerequisite for LE employment. And they also give their DNA sample , in most departments.

Drug testing is a prerequisite for LE employment. And they also give their DNA sample , in most departments.

Yes, she is correct. Problem is that back when he was LE, DNA wasn’t a thing yet.

Unless otherwise stated, everything above is MOO[emoji230][emoji5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member