Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #21 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was in one of the MSM articles - ptetty sure the big one by the Eagle.
Where did you get that idea? Though sometimes family is vetted and gains physical custody right away, many times this takes months to do. This is even more true if family is out of the area or state because it takes a coordinating of efforts between agencies. Additionally, there are a number of other factors to determine when a child can actually be moved. For example, a child with visitation would be unable to be moved two states away because then visitation would not be possible. Anyway, there are soooo many factors that I doubt it can be said currently that no family members could be foster parents. Add that many times family comes in much later once (or is a bit hesitant/standoffish until) the course of the case is more obvious. And many times family doesn’t know that they count as family until CPS starts asking around a bit more. Cousins or people family through marriage and especially “fictive kin” may be interested but figure they don’t have a right to show interest until CPS starts branching out with various family members or the parents start cooperating by naming names. But who would have guessed that the great aunt’s best friend’s daughter would be considered for placement unless you were a part of the system somehow so had seen these things?

Anyway, I just haven’t seen anything suggesting kin has been ruled out and know these things can be done super slowly.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Ana I just had to reach out I’m threads behind and I’m also awake all night with a lot on my mind. My cousin whom I’ve always been super close to you. Lost his new wife in a firey car/ semi crash, early turesday morning. They had a 2 year old now he’s facing buring his wife who never even had a chance to live. So I’m joining you in the sleepless club. What a world we live in , sometimes I’m scarred to wake everyday. I feel your pain!

Finding Lucas would sure make this sad sad week a lot better. They need closeure. We all do.

I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :rose:

EG's court time is scheduled for 9:00 right?

EG’s attorney has filed other motions to be heard today besides the Jackson-Denno hearing- motion in limine (to have motion heard without jury present); motion to suppress (disallow evidence other than the confession); and a motion for EG to be allowed to wear civilian clothes and no restraints (common to project the proper ‘image’ to the judge and jury rather than have them see the accused in prison garb)

http://www.dc18.org/courtscheduling/cratty/crattytomorrow.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That link is for a different case. It's for Clint Woods.

That link is for a different case. It's for Clint Woods.

You have to scroll it’s several pages down - that’s the entire Sedgwick County district court docket for today

I thought that this all happened before the VA promised to commit him to a one year program, and that he just got out last night? Or am I reading this wrong?

mmmmm.....I thought it just happened, that they let him out, that he went off of his meds and his mother gave him guns.

Anyone know what has happened in court today?

So....is Emily in court at the moment?
Are we expecting news on this?

That was a horrible crash! I am so sorry for you and your family. :(

Deeply sorry for your loss. My son was in a devastating accident 16 months ago. We were fortunate that he came out of it. After 2weeks in a coma. 7000 Miles in a brand new corvette. There was nothing left of the car. I still have trouble breathing when I look at photos of the car. The only good memories I have is his survival and the remarkable people who evacuated by life flight and staff at the northeast Georgia trauma center.

And and my son has had a significant wake up call. Hitting a semi will do that. And we are blessed to have had him survive. I’m explaining this because we’ve also had another situation that didn’t go as well. Unexpected death is the most traumatic ti get through. No goodbyes, no ending things with a nice neat bow.

Your friends famiky and child need you you more than ever. Not just for the food that appears just after a death, but for very long term support for everything. That what gets them through just a little bit easier. And her child? Hopefully some day a friend can sit down with that baby and tell all the good things you knew about her. One of the few good things that can come from these things. There aren’t many.

Im so sorry for your tragic loss. I hope I can be of help.

Am I correct that media is not allowed in the courtroom?

Cases are brought by DCF.

THE matter before the court identified ONLY EG 2 older boys. The judge reads that he is dealing with 2 children ages 6and 8. There is no reference to Lucas or to MH. If DCF, who should have done a home visit, and included every child living in the home. But they failed to include Lucas and MH. therefore the only children identified on the complaint were the two older boys. The Hernandez children may never have come to the courts attention.

Long time lurker, sorry if this has already been addressed, trying to catch up. Didn't EG use the fact she was the care-giver of Lucas as a reason she was "responsible" enough to gain visitation/custody rights to her biological children?? Wouldn't alarm bells go off when she admitted she was taking care of another child while she wasn't fit to take care of her own children?

Long time lurker, sorry if this has already been addressed, trying to catch up. Didn't EG use the fact she was the care-giver of Lucas as a reason she was "responsible" enough to gain visitation/custody rights to her biological children?? Wouldn't alarm bells go off when she admitted she was taking care of another child while she wasn't fit to take care of her own children?
Welcome to WS. I wish I knew how to make one of those cute welcome signs for you.

Am I correct that media is not allowed in the courtroom?

Reporters often sit in the courtroom and takes notes to make a report later. Cameras aren’t allowed.

While we know the conditions of her visitation and how she used ‘taking care of Lucas’ as validation for gaining unsupervised and longer visits with her sons, with the noted plan to gain joint custody, I don’t think any documents have provided the reason she didn’t have custody of her own children- if it was voluntary or forced or what. Which would make a difference as to how the court viewed her petition and the information of taking care of Lucas, among other variables to the information that we don’t have.

:welcome::welcome4::welcome:

Yes she did mention Lucas and her care-taking of him to gain visitation rights. The court also forgave her prior drug abuse as she presented as clean.
So basically, her sons were allowed to visit a violent home, with an unfit mother who was back on drugs. Lovely.

Has anyone seen twitter feeds yet of reporters who might be there? I'm on big deadlines today but will try to watch Tim's and a few others.

Reporters often sit in the courtroom and takes notes to make a report later. Cameras aren’t allowed.

Any update on this, magz? Shocking.

Someone in the medical field (I can't remember who) reported injuries on Sherin also prior to her disappearance, I'm sure. Also, her "Mom" was "asleep" too when Sherin disappeared (hmmhmm). It's crazy how many similarities we see between different cases, we can almost write them down here before they happen.

Yes, Sherin even had broken bones previously....

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member