CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.
Why aren't we asking why does he hit? stalk? harass? rape?
I left an extremely abusive situation but I painted as the one who provoked him.
What I want to know but probably won't ever learn is did his sister tell her parents if so was she punished or believed? Wouldn't a seven-year-old need to visit ER?!
My heart breaks for her.
Wasn't JJD told this behavior was cruel and wrong? Did they receive any therapy/mental help?

Yes, a 7-year-old girl would have been injured if she were actually raped by two men. (My opinion, backed up by news stories of actual rapes and resulting injuries/surgery needed.)

Buzzfeed? Not my go-to for reputable news. Is this the sister that lives in Exeter? Would she have given this story to media? If true, wouldn't she have been more likely to go to a top-notch reputable media source?

Just my opinion.

Yes, a 7-year-old girl would have been injured if she were actually raped by two men. (My opinion, backed up by news stories of actual rapes and resulting injuries/surgery needed.)

Buzzfeed? Not my go-to for reputable news. Is this the sister that lives in Exeter? Would she have given this story to media? If true, wouldn't she have been more likely to go to a top-notch reputable media source?

Just my opinion.
This is the sister who died of cancer. The article was well written and had several quotes from her son and his father (her ex husband). Exactly what you would expect of the childhood family stories of a serial killer. Sad but expected. Their mother's story really clicked for her kids after hearing of their uncle's arrest.

Just my opinion.

I don't know if the story is accurate according to the article JJD's nephew spoke to the media about. It also said his mother, JJD's sister Constance is dead. Unless I misread it. I thought she was still alive?

Maybe he viewed it as a model for how real men behave. Maybe he aspired to be just like them. And with the additional model of his father, maybe he wanted to out-do them all.
if the buzzfeed story is true

MOO

And maybe. deep down, he was very unhappy that his mother had divorced his father? JMO, but anyone capable of being the GSK likely suffered from a huge dose of misogyny.

Just my opinion.

I’m a day out of the loop, so forgive me if this is already discussed and cleared up.

What’s your point in emphasizing a 7 year old would be injured if she was “actually” raped? Why would ya say “actually raped” twice in two sentences? Do you not believe the report?

Did someone say she wasn’t injured? Or that he story is a lie? Does it matter to this case? Are we sleuthing someone we shouldn’t be? Are we casting aspersions on a possible victim?

I honestly can’t tell. From what’s posted here, so honest questions. TIA

I’m a day out of the loop, so forgive me if this is already discussed and cleared up.

What’s your point in emphasizing a 7 year old would be injured if she was “actually” raped? Why would ya say “actually raped” twice in two sentences? Do you not believe the report?

Did someone say she wasn’t injured? Or that he story is a lie? Does it matter to this case? Are we sleuthing someone we shouldn’t be? Are we casting aspersions on a possible victim?

I honestly can’t tell. From what’s posted here, so honest questions. TIA

I believe it is because the source of the article is Buzzfeed. I also have issues with the "source". It's not mainstream media. That said, the article quotes the nephew and former brother-in-law of JJD and they are attributed with providing the information.

Believe it or not..
REVEALED: Relatives of Golden State Killer suspect believe his 'rampage of 12 murders and 51 rapes' was sparked by watching his sister get raped by two men when she was seven years old

• Joseph James DeAngelo, 72, saw sister Constance attacked when aged '9 or 10'
  • Constance's son Jesse Ryland said 'maybe that was the start of him going wacko'
  • One expert said rape could have created fantasy DeAngelo sought to recreate
  • DeAngelo accused of at least 12 murders and 51 rapes in 1970s and 80 California

The suspected Golden State Killer watched his sister get raped by two men when he was a boy, according to relatives, who suggested the incident could have contributed to his sick sexual assault and murder spree.

DeAngelo Sr. divorced his wife and moved to South Korea, where he had another set of children with the exact same names as those he had with his previous wife.

JJD was already 36 years old by 1981 and he was 41 by 1986. Not so easy to flee from the police when you are 41!

Gary Ridgway killed at least 40 women just in 1982 and 1983. It may have actually been more like 70 women in just those two years. He was a far, far more prolific killer than JJD. Once he married the love of his life he slowed right down, 'only' killing 3 women from 1987 until his arrest in 2001. He was still very happily married at the time of his arrest.

BTK killed 10 people before 1991 - then he just stopped. He was arrested in 2005, which totally shocked his wife and family, who had only known him as a kind, loving husband or father.

People - even serial killers - get old. They start families. It just gets too hard to keep doing what they once did. :)

My own opinions.

This makes sense when you put it in the black and white context. It does not mean those cravings go away but he recognized he just might not get away with it much longer for the fact of his age related abilities. And also the fact that DNA was coming into play in 1986. It's hard to fathom though they just quit. What do they do with those feelings? He was so prolific in robberies, rapes, and murders. Thank you for your observations.

I haven't heard anything about an assault on his sister, but it might be true. His parents did divorce. I'm not sure if the divorce record I found is that of his parents, but it might be, This particular divorce occurred in Lake County, Florida in 1964. In early 1965, DD's mother remarried in Tulare, CA.

There was apparently some kind of marital problem between his parents, and it's interesting this article mentions physical abuse. I've read that many serial killers had horrific childhoods.

I really think that Florida divorce record you found is theirs. It just fit even though Kathleen's full maiden name wasn't there.

I did wonder about his father since he was in military the possibility of physical abuse. Abuse is not an excuse but does seem to appear with those who end up violent. Unfortunately we often hear of those in military of having a military environment in the home .(not speaking negatively of the military).

In my opinion.

This makes sense when you put it in the black and white context. It does not mean those cravings go away but he recognized he just might not get away with it much longer for the fact of his age related abilities. And also the fact that DNA was coming into play in 1986. It's hard to fathom though they just quit. What do they do with those feelings? He was so prolific in robberies, rapes, and murders. Thank you for your observations.

BTK/Dennis Rader used to relive the memories by looking at the photos he took of his victims, the things he stole, he used to write accounts of the murders. He also used to fantasise about killing other women - he would cut pictures out of magazines and then draw ligatures around their hands, feet, necks. He also read a lot of gory, fetish-type murder stories. He harassed a lot of women in his job as a compliance officer, stuff like measuring their grass with a ruler and writing out numerous fines and warnings for miniscule infractions. He stalked other women and wrote accounts about it. He used to dress himself up in women’s clothing, pretend to hang himself, and have a camera rigged up to take photos. He kept it very separate from his family life, and somehow it was enough for him. The police found all of this stuff in his house.

Thanks for posting dotr!

If confirmed, it will be a horrific, but grimly familiar story. Serial killers are not simply 'born that way', but in the overwhelming majority of cases come from dysfunctional families. Time and time again we learn that serial killers witnessed or were subjected to sexual abuse and/or sexual violence at an early age.

It would be great if stories like the one you have posted served to remind posters that all of JJD's family were victims too.

Some posters have (on here and on other sites) repeatedly accused his wife and/or his brother of being 'an accomplice' without a single shred of evidence.

Sadly I suspect, some of these same posters will soon be stating that JJD's 'female accomplice' (who didn't exist) was actually his sister, rather than his wife, and using this story as the basis for their wild accusations... :(

MOO.

Wow! I so agree. "Time and time again" cannot be emphasized enough.

This latest article is so revealing. The father (JJD, Sr) was abusive to most of or all of family including wife. And now we are learning so was the mother (Kathleen) being abusive to the children.

Yes, the family including descendants are also victims. It's so tragic. The ex husband of GSK sister Constance is just now learning she was a victim of rape from his children.

We do need to be careful with our thoughts and speculations until truths are presented with documentation. It's not a good idea to jump to supposed conclusions.

Thank you so much for your post.

In my opinion.

How odd!?! 'Wonder if 2ND wife realized this?

"... had another set of children with the exact same names as those he had with his previous wife."

Apologies if this has already been posted. I see some references to this info, but from sources like Daily Fail, etc. Not sure how reliable this one is, as I’m not a regular reader of it, and it does cite Buzzfeed:

Relatives believe Golden State Killer's rampage was sparked over sister's rape

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12050537

From the story:

As a child, DeAngelo moved frequently with his three siblings a child because his father, Joseph DeAngelo Sr., served with the US Air Force.

DeAngelo Sr. physically assaulted his wife, Kathleen, and was warned by cops that he would be thrown out of the Air Force if he hit her again.

Ryland said DeAngelo Sr. also hit the children, adding: "I'm pretty positive they were all abused like that."

And when Constance mentioned she had been raped, she and DeAngelo Jr were ordered by their parents never to discuss it, according to his nephew.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/12/us/public-private-double-life/index.html
How can someone be one person in public and a monster in private? How can he be both?Many of us have been asking ourselves that question as we digest the extraordinary news of recent weeks. We've been hit with one story after another of people who appeared to be one thing in public but something totally different in private.

Bill Cosby, the jovial comedian who gave us Fat Albert and Dr. Huxtable, was convicted of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman. The next day, an elderly California man who was a former policeman was arrested for a string of rapes and murders as the "Golden State Killer."
Is there any way to tell if you're in the presence of such a predator?

Trust your instincts, some say.
My subconscious knew something was wrong before my mind could figure it out. I remember feeling a sense of uneasiness around him.

This is typical, says Gavin de Becker, author of "The Gift of Fear." He says each person has an "internal guardian" that warns them when they're in the presence of danger.

When he's interviewed victims of violence, they usually say they didn't see it coming. But after thinking about their attacks in retrospect, their internal guardians speak.

He writes:

"If I wait a moment, here comes the information: 'I felt uneasy when I first met that guy,' or 'Now that I think of it, it was suspicious when he approached me,' or 'I realize now I had seen that car earlier in the day.'"

That intuition is a gift from our ancestors; it's part of the limbic system of the brain that warns of danger, says Navarro, the former FBI profiler. He says the subconscious part of the brain processes information that deals with threats and works faster than the conscious mind can keep up.

Some people in other settings or parts of the world learn to listen to their inner voice, he says. It's why those who live in the jungle pay attention to everything in their environment, including their hunches.

Has this been posted yet? I don’t see it in this thread (#4) ...

JACKSONVILLE MOTHER OF LAST KNOWN MURDER VICTIM OF THE GOLDEN STATE KILLER BREAKS HER SILENCE

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/arti...-state-killer-breaks-her-silence/77-551490360

From the link:
The mother of Janelle Cruz is breaking decades of silence, speaking out to First Coast News. Diane Stein says she and her family left the West Coast for the East Coast after the tragedy. She now lives on the First Coast, with her remaining daughter and son just a couple hours away.

The thought of her daughter's murder being solved is finally bringing her closure, but it won't be complete she says until there is a conviction in the case again the man she now sees on television.

"First of all, my daughter must have been a very brave girl at that moment and she probably fought him off," Stein said. "I left for vacation and gave her a kiss goodbye."

That was the first time Stein left her daughter home alone overnight. It was the last time she ever saw her.

"This is one of the situations when they call you in the middle of the night, midnight, and give you the news that your daughter has just been murdered."

She was in Cancun, Mexico with her husband and son, just a baby at the time, when the call came in, changing their lives forever.

"The first thing you think of is, I want to go home and help my daughter, but she’s not alive, but that’s the first thing a mother thinks, oh I want to go home real quick and help her … but, you can’t."

She was 3,000 miles away and helpless.

"I cried on the airplane. Everybody on the airplane felt bad for me and my little son was running through the aisles. My husband finally held him, but yea, I cried all the way home."

Full text of May 11 press release from the Santa Barbara DA’s office:

https://www.countyofsb.org/da/msm_c...aseregardingGoldenStateKillerMeeting51118.pdf

Santa Barbara County District Attorney Joyce E. Dudley, Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas, Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert, and Ventura County District Attorney Gregory Totten met today at the Santa Barbara County District Attorney’s Office with members of their staff and representatives of various law enforcement agencies to discuss the next steps in the prosecution of Joseph James DeAngelo, 72, of Citrus Heights.

Many important issues were discussed, but no decisions were made regarding where the case may be tried or the composition of the trial team.

All agencies are united in their resolve to ensure that DeAngelo is held accountable for the crimes he is accused of committing throughout California.

The four District Attorneys are scheduled to meet in late June to discuss further details, while their staff will continue to prepare this case for trial.

There will be no further comment regarding this matter.

51f445a5eebff17edc44cf5ab92e0256.jpg

I really think that Florida divorce record you found is theirs. It just fit even though Kathleen's full maiden name wasn't there.

I did wonder about his father since he was in military the possibility of physical abuse. Abuse is not an excuse but does seem to appear with those who end up violent. Unfortunately we often hear of those in military of having a military environment in the home .(not speaking negatively of the military).

In my opinion.

I also believe the Florida divorce record is that of JJD's parents. JMO, but I think more will come to light about his childhood/formative years as time goes on. JJD (if guilty, and I think he is based on the dna) showed such extreme misogyny and sexual sadism in his crimes. Add to that, he married a woman who was younger than he was and in a few short years, she ended up out-doing him both educationally and professionally and that is not something a misogynist would take very lightly, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77