FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they most likely wouldn't be able to tell whether the remains were a child. Even an expert can't tell by just looking. Unless the skeleton was relatively intact, they probably couldn't even tell whether it was a large person or small.

They probably assumed it was one of several hunters, hikers, and mushroom hunters who are missing in that general area.

Didn’t they say partial remains were found? So that too would make it harder to discern child or not correct? Depending on what they have? So don’t like having to type that, even worse thinking about it. R.I.P. Lindsey Baum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn’t they say partial remains were found? So that too would make it harder to discern child or not correct? Depending on what they have? So don’t like having to type that, even worse thinking about it. R.I.P. Lindsey Baum.

I have been hunting over and over again for anything pertaining to a body being found in September 2017 anywhere in Washington State. Just in case them saying Eastern Washington was to throw people off. So far all I came across is this. Opinions??

http://q13fox.com/2017/10/22/human-remains-found-on-yakima-indian-reservation/

Yes, it's really sad to talk about and think about :( Poor Lindsey.

But yes, it depends on which bones were located. If they located a pelvic bone, they probably could tell rather quickly whether it was prepubescent. But they couldn't judge height unless they had at least one long bone.

Going by some other unidentified cases I follow, it seems like it's fairly common with remains found in back country like this for the skull to have rolled away and extremities to be dragged off by animals, leaving mostly ribs and vertebrae. I don't think they've said whether the search for evidence includes looking for more remains or not.

I have been hunting over and over again for anything pertaining to a body being found in September 2017 anywhere in Washington State. Just in case them saying Eastern Washington was to throw people off. So far all I came across is this. Opinions??

http://q13fox.com/2017/10/22/human-remains-found-on-yakima-indian-reservation/

Also searching to see if I can find anything that links the above articles content to the gentlemen they refer to in the article or anyone else for that matter. So far nothing, have to admit though I am not the best at the ‘sleuthing’.

Been following along but finally had the chance to post...RIP Lindsey. Thank you to all who have posted the previous theories and links to the POI Dale Golder. I was not on WS at the time, and hadn't really heard/read anything about him until now. I do remember thinking that the jewelry store owner's actions, words, and alibi were suspicious and in the absence of anyone else, thought that he was a good suspect. Anxiously awaiting further developments, and of course, anything is possible, but it does seem likely that, given were the remains were found, that DG is good for this.

Prayers, light, and healing to those who loved and knew Lindsey.

I'm realizing more and more lately how little LE releases stuff to the media sometimes, as I know of things occurring first hand here in my own city but can't find anything on msm about it. Sometimes LE just keeps things really tight lipped all around.

But yes, it depends on which bones were located. If they located a pelvic bone, they probably could tell rather quickly whether it was prepubescent. But they couldn't judge height unless they had at least one long bone.

Going by some other unidentified cases I follow, it seems like it's fairly common with remains found in back country like this for the skull to have rolled away and extremities to be dragged off by animals, leaving mostly ribs and vertebrae. I don't think they've said whether the search for evidence includes looking for more remains or not.

Always great to have the experience of certain posters in certain threads, such as you carbuff here now.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but based on our experience in other cases of unidentified remains, a few months is not a long time at all. Really. Seriously.

There are thousands of sets of unidentified remains in this country. Namus lists just under 12,000 cases; experts estimate that no more than a quarter of cases are listed in Namus. Now that DNA is known to be an effective tool, every LE agency with an unidentified person in their cold cases is trying to get a profile.

Some states have their own certified labs that are capable of testing DNA for recent remains, but older remains often need additional techniques that only a handful of labs are equipped and certified to perform. Those techniques take longer, and sometimes the testing needs to be repeated several times before a valid sample is obtained. Most labs and agencies have made concerted efforts to train new people, get up to date equipment, and deal with the load, which has reduced the backlogs from years to months, but it still takes time.

Six or seven months sounds about right for getting non-prioritized results back from the FBI lab.

Thanks Carbuff, that's my view too. Really on the edge of my seat to see if DG is responsible. I was convinced it was him back then. But MB thought it was TH.

Nothing near the area where she was found except the camp. I think it’s gotta be someone who was familiar with the camp and surrounding area.

I can't recall which case it was, but I do recall reading another one recently where it was indeed mushroom pickers that found the remains of a teenage girl. It does make sense, although I sure as heck wouldn't want to be the one to stumble across human remains.

Holly Bobo's remains were found by a mushroom 'hunter.'

RIP Lindsey. This case is very close to my heart. Children should be safe to walk 1/2 mile home from a friend's house. She was a beautiful and innocent girl, full of life and possibility. LE needs to find whomever is responsible and hold them accountable with the most severe punishment the state of Washington allows.

Nothing near the area where she was found except the camp. I think it’s gotta be someone who was familiar with the camp and surrounding area.

This is a popular hunting area for hunters all over the state to come for elk. If there is anything the location of her remains tells me it's that they were put there by someone who knows the area from past elk or quail hunting.

There's also a hiking trailhead just past the camp called Shell Rock. If you look on a map you may see Shell Rock Road that's the start of the hike.

ok thanks i fb dale golder last time but will use full name. he is the one living in oregon mow right? the one i looked at was butr wasnt sure if it was right DG or not

When the hunters found the bones wouldn’t there have been some kind of search then? I find it strange if there wasn’t. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of his FB profiles (he has two) says he currently lives in Portland OR but there are no public records info to support this (MyLife, white pages etc)

BTW if he currently resides in the Grays Harbor County jail, they aren't making it easy to find that out. Still haven't updated their daily jail roster today... http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/Sheriff/Documents/JailRegister/JailRegister.pdf

DG's brother has an interesting post on his page. Quick, look before it disappears ...

When the hunters found the bones wouldn’t there have been some kind of search then? I find it strange if there wasn’t. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They couldn’t it was cold and in such a remote hard to reach location, cliffs, ravines, etc. some one worked hard to put the remains where they were in my opinion.

DG’s brother posted a very telling video on May 12th on FB...

DG’s brother posted a very telling video on May 12th on FB...

:thud:

There is video of Dale being TASED AND ARRESTED.
Both of Dale's facebooks are tagged in the comments.
So I guess that answers when he was arrested?
Looks like 5/9/2018. In the afternoon if the time stamp is correct.
I guess that answers why he's not showing up on the jail roster.
Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member