OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Customer service at The Ugly Tuna was always mediocre to horrible. You can read the reviews online. The owners very likely did not care about the stench, and when they got used to the stench they became immune to it. Most of the college booze crowd there, probably too drunk to care anyway. Very likely that Brian Schaffer's remains are buried somewhere between the Ugly Tuna and the Gateway Film Center. I am now changing my percentage to a belief of 70% that he is wedged in there.

Satch

PS. OK, I am adding a picture, with a sloppy MS Paint text, "Brian's Body Here?" (An updated one from earlier in this thread.) I hope that this text is not disturbing. It looks sloppy like that little kid writing "Redrum" in "The Shining." (I can't draw for crap!) The pointer arrow is to show the visual impact represented by Google Earth. Pictures are worth a thousand words. But one picture that is worth 10,000 words that we don't have is what this area looked like in 2006 under construction?

A question what is the square footage distance between the Gateway Film Center and the Ugly Tuna building if known? Brian was a big guy, who would probably be more likely to get stuck in a more confined area than a smaller person. Using Google Earth as a reference point, to where does that back door emergency exit lead?

Interesting that in the aerial image google describes the Ugly Tuna as a 'bustling, funky bar...'

One definition of funky
1 : having an offensive odor : foul

No, now you are replying to both of my posts.

It should have been fairly evident to you that my intent was to respond to your comment about the resolution.

The field of vision is also related to the resolution; if they had selected a large field of vision with a low pixel camera, there wouldn't have been any detail to people's faces. That would more or less defeat the purpose of a security camera.

As for cropping the footage, there's no evidence for that. I guess that would make that claim one of those assumptions that you routinely decry.

Interesting that in the aerial image google describes the Ugly Tuna as a 'bustling, funky bar...'

One definition of funky
1 : having an offensive odor : foul

Funky can also be referring to music and dance. This was also a dance club. When I was there I didn't notice any type of oder but this was years later so a body could have stopped emitting an odor after so long of a time.

It should have been fairly evident to you that my intent was to respond to your comment about the resolution.

The field of vision is also related to the resolution; if they had selected a large field of vision with a low pixel camera, there wouldn't have been any detail to people's faces. That would more or less defeat the purpose of a security camera.

As for cropping the footage, there's no evidence for that. I guess that would make that claim one of those assumptions that you routinely decry.

No you are the one that is on almost everyone of my posts and make claims of my assumptions. You are trying so hard to save yourself by turning the subject into something else and making claims about something I said nothing about.

Your rebuttal to my post was done in such haste you couldn't even refute it so you chose to talk about something totally different like storage and flash drives. lol I am giving my opinion nothing more. Call it a claim or what ever you like. Come back when you have a real point to make.

No you are the one that is on almost everyone of my posts and make claims of my assumptions. You are trying so hard to save yourself by turning the subject into something else and making claims about something I said nothing about.

Your rebuttal to my post was done in such haste you couldn't even refute it so you chose to talk about something totally different like storage and flash drives. lol I am giving my opinion nothing more. Call it a claim or what ever you like. Come back when you have a real point to make.
I spent as much time rebutting your post as your post warranted.

Are you still arguing that you said nothing about resolution? So I didn't originally quote the post that I intended to quote. So what? Pretending that you didn't bring up the issue of video quality is deflecting, but then that's what you do best.

You completely ignore or marginalize any evidence that doesn't fit your pet theory, which is based primarily on wishful thinking.

You desperately cling to anything that supports your pet theory, no matter how flimsy. You repeatedly bring up some private detective's vague claim that he had found evidence that Brian was still alive. Did it ever dawn on you that because the private detective was working for Brian's dad, maybe he was telling Brian's dad what Brian's dad wanted to hear in order to keep himself employed?

Unlike you, I have no skin in this game. I'm not desperately hoping for any particular outcome. I just follow the evidence, wherever it leads, and it leads to Brian's having most likely having died accidentally and become concealed in or near the construction atea.

I spent as much time rebutting your post as your post warranted.

Are you still arguing that you said nothing about resolution? So I didn't originally quote the post that I intended to quote. So what? Pretending that you didn't bring up the issue of video quality is deflecting, but then that's what you do best.

You completely ignore or marginalize any evidence that doesn't fit your pet theory, which is based primarily on wishful thinking.

You desperately cling to anything that supports your pet theory, no matter how flimsy. You repeatedly bring up some private detective's vague claim that he had found evidence that Brian was still alive. Did it ever dawn on you that because the private detective was working for Brian's dad, maybe he was telling Brian's dad what Brian's dad wanted to hear in order to keep himself employed?

Unlike you, I have no skin in this game. I'm not desperately hoping for any particular outcome. I just follow the evidence, wherever it leads, and it leads to Brian's having most likely having died accidentally and become concealed in or near the construction atea.

You’re still at at huh? Lol 😂 I think you need to calm down just a bit and stop letting me getting under your skin for what ever reason that is. Tell you what next time I post just say “but you have no proof of that” then add in words like assumption, decry, pet theory and what ever other colorful words you can think of. I promise not to respond. 👋

Yes I do believe so. There is another door to that stairwell directly across from that door here's a pic. I would guess that there is also a way to get up on the roof from there from what I can tell by looking at the rooftop. The door to the right of the main entrance I believe is the one that the camera snaps a pic when the door opens. Who knows whether it was working. If it was motion activated all one would have to do would be to move the door and wait before coming out.
attachment.php
Wow, it’s been busy around here. :). I appreciate the pics, but I still have a hard time
understanding / visualizing everything as far as the layout and the doors. Could you clarify what you mean , that this door is directly across from the one in the UT ? Do we know it goes to the same staircase?

Wow, it’s been busy around here. :). I appreciate the pics, but I still have a hard time
understanding / visualizing everything as far as the layout and the doors. Could you clarify what you mean , that this door is directly across from the one in the UT ? Do we know it goes to the same staircase?

No doubt it is very hard to get good visual in your mind especially with all the pics. OK so when you enter the Tuna if you go directly to your right and walk all the way down to the wall there is a door. That is an emergency door that I posted a pic of. If you open that door you enter into a stairwell and directly across from that door is the other door that I posted of the pic over looking the escalators. They both lead to that stairwell.

As far as your question about the two doors going to the same stairwell, they have to. The two walls (the Tuna and the wall to the right going up the escalator) are I'm guessing about 8 ft or a bit more in width from each other. I'm not sure about the layout of the stairs in there. I mean as far as how the steps are laid out. I am also curious about access to the roof. Sorry if I'm not explaining as well as I should, but feel free to ask anything.

I'm also curious if the police are aware of the emergency door being propped open inside the Tuna. I would doubt it since that would technically be a violation. So now we possibly have another way that Brian could have gotten out from inside the bar that maybe the police don't know about.

No doubt it is very hard to get good visual in your mind especially with all the pics. OK so when you enter the Tuna if you go directly to your right and walk all the way down to the wall there is a door. That is an emergency door that I posted a pic of. If you open that door you enter into a stairwell and directly across from that door is the other door that I posted of the pic over looking the escalators. They both lead to that stairwell.

As far as your question about the two doors going to the same stairwell, they have to. The two walls (the Tuna and the wall to the right going up the escalator) are I'm guessing about 8 ft or a bit more in width from each other. I'm not sure about the layout of the stairs in there. I mean as far as how the steps are laid out. I am also curious about access to the roof. Sorry if I'm not explaining as well as I should, but feel free to ask anything.

I'm also curious if the police are aware of the emergency door being propped open inside the Tuna. I would doubt it since that would technically be a violation. So now we possibly have another way that Brian could have gotten out from inside the bar that maybe the police don't know about.

Not sure what you mean there. Another way he might have gotten out of the bar, but he still in that scenario exits the building via the well-documented street level door with the motion activated cam, so really nothing new here. Right?

Not sure what you mean there. Another way he might have gotten out of the bar, but he still in that scenario exits the building via the well-documented street level door with the motion activated cam, so really nothing new here. Right?

At this point I don't know what to think. 12 years later I'm hearing about an emergency door that the bar left open supposedly for the bar to be able to let some air in. People going in the stairwell to smoke pot or whatever. How many times do you think that someone left through that door down by the main entrance? Tons of drunk and high people standing in the stairwell and not one of them ever decided to walk down the stairs and leave the easy way instead of going back into a crowed bar? Sounds like it was a pretty high traffic area so how do we know that motion activated camera was even working or caught everyone that went through it? Supposedly on that particular night everyone who came in using the escalator left that way.

Det Hurst also mentioned something about video that was taped over. I would have to go back and try to find what that was about. How long was it before the police got their hands on all the video surveillance? Apparently not soon enough for some video. I guess they are lucky that they even have the video above the escalators.

In earlier interviews police said that the dogs caught no scent. In this most recent one Det Hurst said they caught what might have been Brian's scent that led out a side door. Side door? How many times was it mentioned that the only way out from the construction area was to come out down by the alley way slipping through the plywood doors that had a chain loosely holding them together ?. Sounds like there was a bunch of ways to get out of that building with out being seen.

I submitted this today to my contact at The Ohio Attorney Generals office. They will let me know as soon as there are results.

Worth a shot. But what's more likely, somewhere in the next state over, or somewhere in the building?

Reminds me of all the times you hear about someone goes missing, they search far and wide, and then some years later the remains turn up a half mile away.

Worth a shot. But what's more likely, somewhere in the next state over, or somewhere in the building?

Reminds me of all the times you hear about someone goes missing, they search far and wide, and then some years later the remains turn up a half mile away.

Hey, I’m sure it’s not him. I sincerely hope it’s not, I truly hope he’s on an island somewhere living his life. That said, I’m not sure if there’s any benefit in having tunnel vision. Why not go ahead and cover all our bases, any possibilities need to be ruled out, IMO.

That said, I know we all appreciate your input and opinions.

I submitted this today to my contact at The Ohio Attorney Generals office. They will let me know as soon as there are results.

I sincerely hope that it’s not him. I know back when I submitted it , a few months ago, they didn’t even have DNA for Brian, so they’ve gotten it since then. So if nothing else maybe the request from me and the other poster here helped in prompting them to get the DNA.

And thank you very much !

You’re still at at huh? Lol 😂 I think you need to calm down just a bit and stop letting me getting under your skin for what ever reason that is. Tell you what next time I post just say “but you have no proof of that” then add in words like assumption, decry, pet theory and what ever other colorful words you can think of. I promise not to respond. 👋

Ignoring people who bring up valid counterpoints to your posts does nothing to help us figure out where Brian Shaffer is. If anything, it is counterproductive and takes us further from the truth.

Hey, I’m sure it’s not him. I sincerely hope it’s not, I truly hope he’s on an island somewhere living his life. That said, I’m not sure if there’s any benefit in having tunnel vision. Why not go ahead and cover all our bases, any possibilities need to be ruled out, IMO.

That said, I know we all appreciate your input and opinions.

Like I said worth a shot.

But far more worth a shot, IMO, is take another look, a VERY HARD look, through and under the building. Consult with the then construction GM and workers, the then property mgr., the then property owner, try again to figure out may have happened and where. Wish I could make that happen. But I cannot.

You don't get under my skin; actually, I feel sorry for you because I believe that you're in denial. I feel a humanitarian obligation to help awaken you to the reality of the situation, but your self deception seems inexorable. It may be that you have too much invested emotionally to ever be able to come to grips with the truth. Maybe I should just allow you to believe whatever you want, if that's what makes you happy. I always want to know the truth, regardless of how ugly it is, but perhaps the stark truth is simply too much for some people.

One thing that I am curious about is why Brian's brother hasn't declared him dead? From the sounds of it he doesn't think that Brian is alive anymore. Being the next of kin I would think Derek would be the only one needed to petition for this. It could be too heart breaking for him but on the other hand if he thinks he is dead then maybe it best to do so in honor of Brian.

One thing that I am curious about is why Brian's brother hasn't declared him dead? From the sounds of it he doesn't think that Brian is alive anymore. Being the next of kin I would think Derek would be the only one needed to petition for this. It could be too heart breaking for him but on the other hand if he thinks he is dead then maybe it best to do so in honor of Brian.

What value does this add in a discussion about trying to find Brian Shaffer?

Like I said worth a shot.

But far more worth a shot, IMO, is take another look, a VERY HARD look, through and under the building. Consult with the then construction GM and workers, the then property mgr., the then property owner, try again to figure out may have happened and where. Wish I could make that happen. But I cannot.

You could be right. But how could they search that area after it’s already been reconstructed? I have no idea. He hasn’t been found though, so if it’s at all possible I think it should be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member