Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

The only person that can cut you off from your kids is a judge with a court order.

Not your ex wife, not your inlaws.

He (Peter) was an awesome man, before all this blew up.'

'I haven't talked to them since they cut me off from my kids.

'I don't feel angry. I feel tremendous sadness for my kids. But I don't want anyone to feel angry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-shot-dead-Aaron-Cockman-breaks-silence.html

Some posts have been removed.

Reminder:

Excerpt from The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages or make reference to information you find on them.

I'm on the fence sorry until coroner confirms with both DNA and criminal evidence and/ or CCTV.
Leaning towards Peter as purp given the recent mention of his depression, but still not 100% convinced given other issues in the case.

This is a classic case where police will confiscate firearms in the state of Western Australia

I'm on the fence sorry until coroner confirms with both DNA and criminal evidence and/ or CCTV.
Leaning towards Peter as purp given the recent mention of his depression, but still not 100% convinced given other issues in the case.

Of course Peter was the perp.

But Peters daughters ex husband was stalking the property. "Before it blew up"

*Please see articles with reference of daughters social media posts about ex husbands stalking and removal from the property boundry.

Peter has lost his sanity and there is no logic in the insanity.

No one has had steps taken to have firearms stored st the police station while this blew over.

Some of these statements made in the media appear well versed and carefully orchestrated.

Ex husband sits on boundary, phones and text messages into the property about being there for days.

Psychological torment in conjuction with challenging autistic children.

I am not sure that the police knew that Peter was a danger with his firearms.

In this state, if you are in process of divorce, police will often remove firearms.

Clearly the dx husband saying that the ex father inlaw had planned this then in full knowledge rx husband should have requested a psychological assessment while ex husbands kids were in the same house.

We will wait with bated breath to see what happened around psychological instability and firearm management.

No one has done anything about this but they all knew.

In this state, if you are in process of divorce, police will often remove firearms.

Clearly the dx husband saying that the ex father inlaw had planned this then in full knowledge rx husband should have requested a psychological assessment while ex husbands kids were in the same house.

We will wait with bated breath to see what happened around psychological instability and firearm management.

Did you know the family?

There’s only one dead adult male on the property who is not one of the six homicide victims, they are not saying his name till the forensics are done. It has been noted in many videos and articles. Moo

Since the son in law is out talking to the press there is only one dead adult male they can be talking about, surely?

As an aside, the two sons were "male persons" but both too young for their voices to have broken and to have sounded like an adult male. If either of them had shot the rest of the family I'm damned sure the police would have been able to tell the difference between a man's voice and a boy's.

I doubt that all people going through divorce have firearms confiscated unless threats have been made. I don't think that police are advised of every divorce going through the courts.

I also have a question. Is it highly unusual to have four children with autism? I have read a little about this (but am not particularly well versed in the subject) and it seems there is 'just' a 1 in 20 chance of having another autistic child - let alone 3 more - if one child is born autistic.

Autism tends to run in families, and having one autistic child increases the risk of having another: Parents who have one autistic child have a 1 in 20 — or 5 percent — chance of having another child with autism.
https://www.everydayhealth.com/autism/whos-at-risk.aspx

The first study into the heritability of autism was carried out in NZ in 1977. There have been a substantial number of other studies since them. It seems that the more we find out about it the more it becomes clear that it is highly heritable, so if the genetic problem is present in a family it will ordinarily present in many, even all, of the children in a generation. As here.

Autism is mostly caused by genetic factors, with heritability of the condition 33 per cent higher than previously thought, new research suggests.

Reanalysis of data from a previous study on the familial risk of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) estimates the heritability to be 83 per cent, according to a study published by JAMA.

Prior studies have found that autism aggregates in families, but heritability was previously estimated to be around 50 per cent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...mental-disability-spectrum-jama-a7968151.html

''
The first study into the heritability of autism was carried out in NZ in 1977. There have been a substantial number of other studies since them. It seems that the more we find out about it the more it becomes clear that it is highly heritable, so if the genetic problem is present in a family it will ordinarily present in many, even all, of the children in a generation. As here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...mental-disability-spectrum-jama-a7968151.html
b

That is clear to me and without any ill intent, I think that that father who is acting inappropriately bears that out.

I doubt that all people going through divorce have firearms confiscated unless threats have been made. I don't think that police are advised of every divorce going through the courts.

But it wasn't Peter who was going through the divorce in this case. The only reason I can see that the police might wish to confiscate Peter's guns would be if they thought it possible Peter might shoot his son in law if the latter came onto the property.

I also have a question. Is it highly unusual to have four children with autism? I have read a little about this (but am not particularly well versed in the subject) and it seems there is 'just' a 1 in 20 chance of having another autistic child - let alone 3 more - if one child is born autistic.

Autism tends to run in families, and having one autistic child increases the risk of having another: Parents who have one autistic child have a 1 in 20 — or 5 percent — chance of having another child with autism.

Hi SA, I am around 40 posts or so behind so apologies if someone answers this and it’s just an idea to explain.
There are a fair few chromosome duplications and deletions that may not necessarily be just autism - they may come under either unnamed or even rare health issues. However autism may be one of a few diagnosis’s that occur. Due to so many proactive health funding to assist children they may be diagnosed as autistic as it is the most prevalent health issue they have. Does this make sense. For example someone may have a duplication and it’s rare and has no particular “name” but they may be diagnosed with autism, ADHD, Prader Willie. Autism may be the one that it most prevalent so they are diagnosed with that to help with funding within school or physio etc.
I don’t have link - it’s personal experience please take as MOO.

ETA - I also just saw your stats to the increased chance also - interesting. I see another poster had also added great autism info.
My comments above were to show other thoughts to explain 4 in one family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t had a chance to catch up so I apologise if someone has already posted this re autism.

Firstly the word autism, clinically, encompasses more now than it did a few years ago. Experts no longer diagnose children with Asperger Syndrome, instead they are diagnosed with autism. They still have all the same symptoms and the medical presentation of a kid who would have been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome a few years ago. The only difference is the language and label. So perhaps Katrina’s children were diagnosed with a type of autism we would know under a different term.

Secondly, autism severity truly lies on a spectrum. It ranges from noticeably autistic to being very mild. My cousin has 3 autistic children - and while I absolutely do not want to minimise the fact that it’s tough (and difficult for all of them), one is so mild you have to be told about his diagnosis otherwise you would never know. Another, on the other hand, is non verbal and requires care in every aspect of his life.

I don’t want to suggest that having 4 kids with a diagnosis of autism wouldn’t have been heartbreaking, difficult and a LOT of hard work. But these days ‘autism’ can mean many things, and it’s not usually what people visualise at first. We don’t know what type of autism these 4 precious kids had.

https://www.autism.com/news_dsmV

https://www.autismspectrum.org.au/s...e DSM 5 Autism Spectrum Disorder criteria.pdf

That is most definitely unusual. Speaking as a parent of a large family and one child who is autistic. I have seen many families with more than one child diagnosed. But ALL of your children and that large a number is not common.

People keep wanting to emphasize genetics. But do not mention environment as much. And it ignores epigenetics almost entirely. You still have to have the right environment to express or turn on the genes.

Given all 4 have the autism as 'reported' (not 100% on that one) it may likely be due to a teratogen than pure genetics. Most of the Autism cases are due to genetic and sporadic mutations at random (even though a sibling of an autist is at higher chance of having it), it is in fact quite very rare for 4 in a row. Such things as vaccines, alchohol, nicotine, pollution et al intake during a pregnancy would more likely cause such a mutation in the genes than a pure disposition.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back