FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but carrying a 70-pound body?

True but then again they carry Deer/Elk out of there that are bigger than that. Where there is a will there is a way, isn’t that what they say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offenders like the one who abducted and murdered Lindsey Baum are very unlikely to have offended against a child just the one time, IMO.

Agreed. Although we don't know cause of death yet. For all we know, she was hit while walking on the road and someone freaked out.

I was thinking if they have someone who covered for him in the past wearing a wire now, he may be more apt to talk this way, if he thinks their trail is cold.
I can't fathom why such a tactic would be necessary. If DG is the perp he likely might know what, if anything, LE might find. If they wanted to spook him, they would want him to know they're on the search and report they've 'found evidence' pointing to an individual and an arrest is imminent. I don't see that happening.

Dale's court date is on 6/1/18.

ase Number Person Name Participant Type Case Type Date Time Court Room
8Z0564723 Golder, Dale Allen Defendant Criminal Non-Traffic 06-01-18 02:00 PM 202

Again, these are not high crimes. Possession (not even intent to distribute) and a weapons charge. This is small stuff. Then suddenly several days ago they decide it's worth pursuing a warrant to settle this, and serve it with tasers? That's a big coincidence.

Help me out here - when is DNA collected and then put into the criminal database--upon being charged with a felony, or upon being convicted of one?
The other route to obtaining DNA from him would be to collect it from something a suspect discards, right? Like they did with John Bittrolff, following him around until he threw a cigarette or something out the car window.

True but then again they carry Deer/Elk out of there that are bigger than that. Where there is a will there is a way, isn’t that what they say.

Just an observation I noted while he was in court...he is very small and skinny.

True.

I'm thinking that it implies someone quite fit to be able to manage the physical effort, with enough back country experience to make carrying the body some distance a desirable option.

LB's remains were discovered in Sept 2017. We may assume 8+ years exposure to an outdoor environment if we go with child abduction and murder statistics: that LB was likely deceased within 24 hours after abduction and her remains placed the same or within a few days afterward.

The recovered remains were sent to Quantico only weeks ago; some 'paperwork' and placed in-queue, DNA test results were determined relatively quickly.

Is that 'speed' odd? Not really, ask any anthropologist.

http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/pg_media-media_pg/adn-dna/

http://mentalfloss.com/article/48815/how-long-does-dna-last

We're assuming bones here, not flesh, noting we are not privy to conditions of placement: fully exposed / lightly covered or partially or fully buried. The perp's DNA would not have the luxury of residing within and protected by bone material; his or her DNA, if any, would be from bodily fluid(s) or epithelial cells and likely would be degraded beyond reliable recognition.

If that's all true that leaves only potential physical evidence that might lead them to a perp; something personal, such as clothing, shoe, hat, cigarette, lighter, water bottle, camping / hunting equipment, etc. Tire tracks would not be usable in trial, even if cross-matched with a perp's vehicle... too much time and potentially too many animals, humans and vehicles through the area in 8+ years... and that also might affect DNA results: who's to say who was through that area and when? In fact, that logic could be applied to whatever is found on-site. From whom and when?

I'm thinking it's an uphill battle regarding forensics, other than LB's remains DNA.

The prosecution might need a confession... or at least someone who knows what-is and is willing to spill the beans.

Again, these are not high crimes. Possession (not even intent to distribute) and a weapons charge. This is small stuff. Then suddenly several days ago they decide it's worth pursuing a warrant to settle this, and serve it with tasers? That's a big coincidence.

Help me out here - when is DNA collected and then put into the criminal database--upon being charged with a felony, or upon being convicted of one?
The other route to obtaining DNA from him would be to collect it from something a suspect discards, right? Like they did with John Bittrolff, following him around until he threw a cigarette or something out the car window.

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled ... that police can routinely take DNA samples from people who are arrested but not yet convicted of a crime, and see if the DNA matches any samples from unsolved crimes in a national database.

https://www.npr.org/2013/06/03/188397999/supreme-court-rules-arrest-dna-collection-reasonable

https://inpublicsafety.com/2014/03/...-dna-after-an-arrest-but-before-a-conviction/

https://www.uhd.edu/academics/public-service/jcjl/Documents/2. Article.pdf

Well, so much for the Fourth Amendment.

I'm not quite following, based on a singular charge alone.

Digging into the depths of his history, this man's path was paved with ill intentions which set him in opposition with the law.

It doesn't really paint the picture of serial predator so much as incompetent indigent bystander- knowing different, how is it he's managed to go this long with minor skirmishes?

And finally... Fiddlehead... you aren't imagining anything, so much as ahead of the curve here.

We're assuming bones here, not flesh, noting we are not privy to conditions of placement: fully exposed / lightly covered or partially or fully buried. The perp's DNA would not have the luxury of residing within and protected by bone material; his or her DNA, if any, would be from bodily fluid(s) or epithelial cells and likely would be degraded beyond reliable recognition.

If that's all true that leaves only potential physical evidence that might lead them to a perp; something personal, such as clothing, shoe, hat, cigarette, lighter, water bottle, camping / hunting equipment, etc. Tire tracks would not be usable in trial, even if cross-matched with a perp's vehicle... too much time and potentially too many animals, humans and vehicles through the area in 8+ years... and that also might affect DNA results: who's to say who was through that area and when? In fact, that logic could be applied to whatever is found on-site. From whom and when?

I'm thinking it's an uphill battle regarding forensics, other than LB's remains DNA.

The prosecution might need a confession... or at least someone who knows what-is and is willing to spill the beans.

This is my thinking also. The low probability that an innocent DG was located at the time and place of the abduction coupled with his placement near the remains a few weeks later - 180 miles away - makes the circumstantial case very strong. We know of no other such connection in this crime. So, I can see how the government might be trying to get him to sing and incriminate himself. If they are, it appears it isn't working.

I'm not quite following, based on a singular charge alone.

Digging into the depths of his history, this man's path was paved with ill intentions which set him in opposition with the law.

It doesn't really paint the picture of serial predator so much as incompetent indigent bystander- knowing different, how is it he's managed to go this long with minor skirmishes?

And finally... Fiddlehead... you aren't imagining anything, so much as ahead of the curve here.

My observation is not reflective of only that singular charge... it seems LE could order new blank ticket forms with his name pre-printed in the NAME field and jails could install a dedicated entrance with a revolving door... just for him.

As I commented earlier, I'm feeling DG is not good for this. I hope I'm wrong, since he's already in the system and searches are underway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth