Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! Not guilty, I have to admit this hurts. Will she now run back to JH's arms? My heart, poor Lucas you always deserved so much more.

The question is... will he actually take her back?

My heart aches with no understanding. How did they conclude this wasn&#8217;t endangerment when they were told by her own words she did it??? <modsnip>
Anyone know if she will remain in jail on other charges now? I worry that the DA won&#8217;t file the murder charges now that they know that an open and shut case was acquitted. I&#8217;m horrified.
I believe the girl will run, and that they need to at the very least, put ankle monitor on her.
Please tell me JH won&#8217;t take her back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jury delivers verdict in child endangerment case of missing boy's stepmother

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article211245119.html

A jury on Wednesday acquitted the stepmother of missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez of one count of child endangerment involving her own 1-year-old daughter.

You have got to be ******* kidding me!! I am so mad. WTF is wrong with people.

To Lucas family: I am so sorry about this. Thinking and praying for you all.

Did we ever get an answer on why WOD didn’t bother to test?

I am cackling like a broody hen right now...

"A jury found Emily Glass not guilty of child endangerment Wednesday morning. She is now free to go. The case was not connected to Lucas Hernandez."

Noun verb noun

Duly noted.

I am seriously mind boggled over this. The prosecution had a written statement from Emily saying she smoked a bowl and they find her not guilty.

You have got to be ******* kidding me!! I am so mad. WTF is wrong with people.

To Lucas family: I am so sorry about this. Thinking and praying for you all.

It's not the jury's fault that EG made a mess for them to clean up after... any one of us is only as good as what we see... some look longer into what is unspoken and avoided than others.

Did we ever get an answer on why WOD didn&#8217;t bother to test?

The officer on the stand yesterday said they didn't because they were focused on finding Lucas and investigating that. IDK if they ever said why it wasn't done eventually, but with the fact that MJ stays in the system for up to 30 days it still could've been hard to prove down to the day and hour WHEN she imbibed.

What about leaving Lucas home alone? Will she be charged CE for that? Would that affect her legal rights to have her daughter?

How can that little girl stay protected from EG?
Does this mean EG gets to bring her home?

So many questions!

Why didn't they just test her... (Not asking - I'm just wishing)

Does anyone want me to post the tweets from earlier? I have them all saved as thread was closed if anyone hasn’t seen them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My heart aches with no understanding. How did they conclude this wasn&#8217;t endangerment when they were told by her own words she did it??? <modsnip>
Anyone know if she will remain in jail on other charges now? I worry that the DA won&#8217;t file the murder charges now that they know that an open and shut case was acquitted. I&#8217;m horrified.
I believe the girl will run, and that they need to at the very least, put ankle monitor on her.
Please tell me JH won&#8217;t take her back!

I wouldn't say this was super open and shut. I'm not very surprised, honestly. She said she did it, but did she smoke way before she left? How much did she smoke? That's like saying "I drank some alcohol and then went to OG". Ok, but the alcohol was several hours before. Or maybe I drink all the time and it didn't affect me. Prove that my blood alcohol level was over legal limit... you can't. I think the only reasonable way they could've gotten her is if they had video of her behaving erratically, or if they'd pulled her over and tested her. Even if they'd tested her a couple days later, it wouldn't have guaranteed she was too high to drive when she went to OG.

I just really think since she got off on this charge, she's going to be SUPER smug and think she's going to get off on the impending murder charges. She'll never give up the info now :(

To our VI’s, first let me tell you how sorry I am that justice is so elusive with this sorry waste of oxygen. How are y’all handling things?
Do y’all know of what happens next and are you at liberty to enlighten us?

Back in court for Emily Glass, stepmom of Lucas Hernandez. This trial is for allegedly endangering her own 1-year-old daughter.

Judge will give jury instructions now.

Closing arguments for both sides will begin soon.

Prosecution says Emily Glass knew what she was doing. Says Glass put her child in danger.

Prosecution goes back to woman jailed at same time with Glass, who testified Glass told her she got high then later drove.

Defense going back to fact no marijuana was found. Says jurors have to consider any doubt they may have about endangerment.

Defense says car seats were used on the drive, so was child endangered?

Defense says absence of evidence is what they have to consider. Says Glass may self medicate, but did no endanger her child.

Prosecution and defense rests on closing argument. Jury deliberations to begin soon.

Verdict is in on child endangerment charges against Emily Glass.

Not guilty.

Judge reminded media jurors are not to be photographed.

Emily Glass is free to go.

DA Marc Bennett says this was a difficult case:

https://twitter.com/craigandresksn/status/996788020534759424?s=21

https://twitter.com/CraigAndresKSN

https://twitter.com/CraigAndresKSN/status/996759054855933952

State says during its closing arguments that Emily Glass knew what she was doing when she smoked marijuana multiple times then put her daughter in danger by driving to Olive Garden

State asks jurors to find Glass guilty because she knowingly placed her daughter's life, health and body in danger by driving while high.

The defense is now giving jurors its closing arguments. The def. attorney says investigators never found marijuana or paraphernalia at Glass' home. She says no one can prove that she ever had marijuana in her system.

The defense attorney asks jurors where is the harm? Emily Glass did not get a speeding ticket or other any traffic infraction while taking her daughter to and from the Olive Garden for dinner.

Def. attorney says according to a jail house confession Glass smoked 3 bowls but investigators never found any marijuana or paraphernalia. Nor did investigators test for drugs in her system. Def. says Glass used marijuana for pain mgmt.

The state is now up again, prosecution saying the evidence in this case is Emily Glass' own admission to smoking weed multiple times while caring for her one-year-old daughter. After smoking throughout the day she the drove her daughter to dinner.

Emily Glass child endangerment trial: Judge is releasing jurors to deliberate.

The jury has found Emily Glass not guilty of endangering her one-year-old daughter.

https://twitter.com/KAKEmonica

https://twitter.com/KAKEmonica/status/996763132617003010

We are back this morning following the closing arguments for Emily Glass’ trial on a child endangerment charge *not related to Lucas Hernandez or his disappearance. That should start within the next few minutes. #kwch12

Closing arguments from the prosecution: Emily Glass knowingly placed her 1-year-old daughter in a situation where her life, body or health was endangered by smoking marijuana at the home and driving to Olive Garden. #kwch12

Closing arguments from the defense: Emily Glass has not been charged with possession of marijuana or driving under the influence of marijuana, adding there was never any marijuana found by police at the home or tested to look for it in Glass' system.

Glass' attorney says police failed to do their job to collect the evidence necessary to prove Glass used marijuana beyond a reasonable doubt for this case...saying they could have gone back to do so.

"Where is the harm?" "Where is the endangerment in the case?" Glass' attorney asks. Saying there is no proof Glass was ever high...or that she would have still been high while choosing to take her daughter out to Olive Garden.

Prosecution comes back, says Glass had a whole day to clean and get rid of any paraphernalia or remaining marijuana since police weren't called to the home until the following day.

Closing arguments have concluded. The jury will now begin deliberations. #kwch12

The jury has reached a verdict in the trial for Emily Glass for a child endangerment charge. #kwch12

The jury has found Emily Glass *not guilty* on the one charge of child endangerment related to her one-year-old daughter. #kwch12

https://twitter.com/KWCHBrenda

https://twitter.com/KWCHBrenda/status/996756244600934400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads