GUILTY OK - Holly Cantrell, 40, pregnant, McAlester, 20 Jan 2017 *arrest in 2022*

Just finished watching about this case on "Disappeared" and was looking around to see if there have been any new updates since the remains were found earlier this year. I wonder what the hold up is, in one article it said it could take up to a year to do testing. Is this just due to some kind of back log going on in Oklahoma? That seems like a terribly long time. But, I've not been too impressed with the police work on this so far anyway. :\

Just finished watching about this case on "Disappeared" and was looking around to see if there have been any new updates since the remains were found earlier this year. I wonder what the hold up is, in one article it said it could take up to a year to do testing. Is this just due to some kind of back log going on in Oklahoma? That seems like a terribly long time. But, I've not been too impressed with the police work on this so far anyway. :\
They likely sent the remains which would be bones to Texas (forget the university name) where there is a lab that finds usable DNA from bones. There is probably a backlog since this lab handles cases from around the nation.

I just watched this episode and her family says there were issues with the 45 yr old step-daughter but the step-daughter says it's not true. Then the lady that was helping with the case records that conversation and then ends up committing suicide? I think the police didn't do a thorough investigation 😞

I just watched this episode and her family says there were issues with the 45 yr old step-daughter but the step-daughter says it's not true. Then the lady that was helping with the case records that conversation and then ends up committing suicide? I think the police didn't do a thorough investigation 
In the episode the recording was done of an unidentified male at a home. Police found the lady that did the recording to be unreliable - that is what they said. Holly's step-daughter was not mentioned in conjunction with that recording or being at that house with the unidentified male.

In the episode the recording was done of an unidentified male at a home. Police found the lady that did the recording to be unreliable - that is what they said. Holly's step-daughter was not mentioned in conjunction with that recording or being at that house with the unidentified male.

I know it's 2 different situations. My point that I was trying to say is what happened to the lady was strange. According to her family she didn't have a good relationship with the step-daughter. I wonder why her husband and step-daughter wasn't in the episode??

Was she maybe having an affair and the baby's father wasn't happy about it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

was the baby father, if not her husbands, the other guy she was seeing married? that could be a huge motive for her disappearence.

was the baby father, if not her husbands, the other guy she was seeing married? that could be a huge motive for her disappearence.
From the Disappeared episode it seemed that Holly, her married boyfriend, and her family believe it was the boyfriend that got her pregnant.

The whole scenario was a ticking time bomb. It was only a matter of months for the whole thing to blow up if it hadn't already started considering how many people (especially her family) already knew what was up.

The two people who would be in the worst position in all of it in terms of what would happen out of any divorces would be Holly and the boyfriend with Cody likely in the worst position of the two.

In Holly's case she has a husband who is 23 years older than her and it is very possible he had assets such as the home and land prior to the marriage with Holly and she would get none of that in an asset split and with him not working and the way infidelity affects alimony in Oklahoma she would be paying her husband alimony. With a 50/50 custody split she also likely would have to pay child support as well.

As for Cody, he was 10 years younger than Holly and it would not surprise me that he would end up having to split assets and such as well as have to pay alimony and child support if they had kids. Cody being divorced by his wife seems to me to be likely only because if Holly needed to support the baby she would have to get child support from Cody and that would impact Cody's wife and any of their kids and if they later divorced then Cody's wife would be second in line for child support i.e. less money than Holly would get and that wouldn't be a smart or practical position to put herself in.

It would have resulted in a couple with a new baby and both of them shelling out money to spouses or Cody impacting his family by having to shell out money in child support. I can't imagine that Cody viewed either situation favorably and the only ways to avoid either scenario are that the baby has to go, Holly has to go, or both.

Considering that it makes no sense for Cody to pick Holly up and take her to the restaurant for an alleged lunch with co-workers and contradicts the alleged plan to spend the afternoon together, which is something co-workers had said they did several times in the past, and considering if the remains found near Cardinal Point are Holly she didn't get there by herself then it puts Cody in the spot because he not only was the last person known to see her but he also controlled her transportation at that time.

The way I see it, given what police know, the only way for Holly's husband to be able to do this would be if he knew that not only were Holly and Cody getting together for the afternoon but also that Holly was first going to have Cody drop her off to have lunch with co-workers. Since there is no evidence that Holly was in the restaurant the only opportunity would be at the point of drop off, in broad daylight. And there are only two scenarios with that. One, the place was busy and there were many potential witnesses that could see Holly and her husband but Holly and Cody wouldn't have noticed Holly's husband there when dropping her off. Two, the place wasn't busy at all and it seems likely that either or both of them would notice Holly's husband was there.

Not saying it isn't possible her husband disappeared Holly but Cody's tale which puts him as the last person to see her and in control of her transportation and what police learned from co-workers - no lunch plans - makes it unlikely to me.

Based on everything I saw on the Disappeared episode, the boyfriend who got her pregnant is who disappeared her. He was the last known one with her, and there is no proof he dropped her off at the restaurant to meet with friends. They just need to identify a body and do the rest of the work. He's good for it. IMO

Based on everything I saw on the Disappeared episode, the boyfriend who got her pregnant is who disappeared her. He was the last known one with her, and there is no proof he dropped her off at the restaurant to meet with friends. They just need to identify a body and do the rest of the work. He's good for it. IMO

Everything was about to come out I think due to the fact she was in her 2nd trimester. She wouldn't be able to hide it much longer... I think the BF freaked out.

I had the episode on for background at work the other day and have to say I'm not sure how I think this all went down. I could probably make an argument for a couple of different theories.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I had the episode on for background at work the other day and have to say I'm not sure how I think this all went down. I could probably make an argument for a couple of different theories.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I was at first wondering if the step-daughter knew that she was pregnant and since they didn't have the best relationship she was involved in Holly's disappearance. Just my opinion...

One curious thing that was mentioned earlier in the thread and you can tell from the satellite images is that the Braum's that Holly was dropped off at was here anywhere from 2.4 to 3.3 miles from the hospital (I have included the map plus directions):

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/McA...edc43690!2m2!1d-95.750389!2d34.936722!1m0!3e0

However, there is a Braum's even closer to the hospital. It is 1 mile away driving.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/McA...edc43690!2m2!1d-95.750389!2d34.936722!1m0!3e0

So, if she were meeting co-workers at Baum's why go to the one further away? Of course, why would her boyfriend pick her up to take her on a 5 minute drive to meet co-workers for lunch (which we know her co-workers didn't know about)?

Of course, the problem is that there is zero evidence that Holly was ever dropped off and we only have the boyfriend's word for that.

However, almost all of the hotels/motels in McAlester are located near that Baum's on US 69.

Not for nothing but the boyfriend lives in Indianola, OK which if you lookup on a map is further north and west of Cardinal Point where her purse was found and the human remains that haven't been identified yet. Closer to where he lives than McAlester.

I wonder who told police the identity of Cody or did he come to LE and identify himself?

Everything was about to come out I think due to the fact she was in her 2nd trimester. She wouldn't be able to hide it much longer... I think the BF freaked out.

I agree with you. Motive. He is married. He wouldn't have wanted that out there. Of course now that she disappeared and their affair was made public, he got busted anyway, but at the time, I believe he thought to silence her and make the problem go away. IMO

One curious thing that was mentioned earlier in the thread and you can tell from the satellite images is that the Braum's that Holly was dropped off at was here anywhere from 2.4 to 3.3 miles from the hospital (I have included the map plus directions):

However, there is a Braum's even closer to the hospital. It is 1 mile away driving.

So, if she were meeting co-workers at Baum's why go to the one further away? Of course, why would her boyfriend pick her up to take her on a 5 minute drive to meet co-workers for lunch (which we know her co-workers didn't know about)?

Of course, the problem is that there is zero evidence that Holly was ever dropped off and we only have the boyfriend's word for that.

However, almost all of the hotels/motels in McAlester are located near that Baum's on US 69.

Not for nothing but the boyfriend lives in Indianola, OK which if you lookup on a map is further north and west of Cardinal Point where her purse was found and the human remains that haven't been identified yet. Closer to where he lives than McAlester.

I wonder who told police the identity of Cody or did he come to LE and identify himself?

I think their affair was one of the worst kept secrets at that hospital. It seemed everyone knew about it. LOL. I don't think it took long for LE to get a lead in his direction that they were involved .

I think their affair was one of the worst kept secrets at that hospital. It seemed everyone knew about it. LOL. I don't think it took long for LE to get a lead in his direction that they were involved .
Well sure. It is just that none of them would know Holly was missing on Friday. It wasn't in the news until Monday and LE already knew by then.

LE would have had to come in contact with a co-worker on Saturday or Sunday who knew who Holly was going with on Friday otherwise at that early stage there wasn't even evidence of a crime and merely a missing person so I don't think they would start chasing down co-workers. With it being the weekend I wonder how many of her co-workers would be working the weekend.

If it wasn't a co-worker then it would have to be someone LE would have be speaking to in the course of a missing persons case which I would assume to be her husband, her mother, her siblings.

At this point, I think it would be useful for those that had seen the Disappeared episode to go back to post #35 on this thread and watch the news report and interview with Holly's aunt. This takes place after Holly's purse was found.

Pay attention to the part a little over a minute in about Holly's family identifying Cody (first time in the media) and saying he had nothing to do with it and then the reporter chiming in about an anonymous source (wonder who that was?!?) that offers up that both Holly's husband and his daughter drive green trucks.

Realize that this is taking place over one month after Holly disappeared and that law enforcement knew of Cody and talked with Cody and already knew that it was Cody and his truck in that hospital surveillance video. So why would someone offer up anyone else that has a green truck when it was already established whose truck it was? Why would the reporter even bring that up?

Yes, absolutely. His story makes no sense at all. I guess he didn't bank on his truck being seen on CCTV.

At this point, I think it would be useful for those that had seen the Disappeared episode to go back to post #35 on this thread and watch the news report and interview with Holly's aunt. This takes place after Holly's purse was found.

Pay attention to the part a little over a minute in about Holly's family identifying Cody (first time in the media) and saying he had nothing to do with it and then the reporter chiming in about an anonymous source (wonder who that was?!?) that offers up that both Holly's husband and his daughter drive green trucks.

Realize that this is taking place over one month after Holly disappeared and that law enforcement knew of Cody and talked with Cody and already knew that it was Cody and his truck in that hospital surveillance video. So why would someone offer up anyone else that has a green truck when it was already established whose truck it was? Why would the reporter even bring that up?

I remember that part and that's why at first I thought of the step-daughter. I'm wondering if the reporter was trying to figure out more info on the dynamics between step-daughter and Dad. Was she close to him? Protective of him? Soo many theories in my mind. I've watched the ID channel way too much so my theories are always rambling in my brain lol

Thanks for directing me towards the video. Wonder why the aunt doesn't think Cody is involved? Phone records show they were together, CCTV at the hospital parking lot show they were together, there is no proof he dropped her off at Braum's as he said he did, LE couldn't find any co-workers she supposedly was to meet for lunch there.

My money is still on Cody. His story is weak and doesn't make sense. IMO

Thanks for directing me towards the video. Wonder why the aunt doesn't think Cody is involved? Phone records show they were together, CCTV at the hospital parking lot show they were together, there is no proof he dropped her off at Braum's as he said he did, LE couldn't find any co-workers she supposedly was to meet for lunch there.

My money is still on Cody. His story is weak and doesn't make sense. IMO

There has been other cases where men kill their significant other that is pregnant. This article says 15% in the U.S.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/534306/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back