Websleuths is MOVING to a new home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for a smooth transition.
:back::pillowfight2::ufo::chillout::computer:

(I don't know what these smilies are saying-- I just wanted to post smilies one last time in case they disappear, he he)

3 days without WS? What am I to do?
Good luck with the move! :)

Hoping for a smooth transition.

(I don't know what these smilies are saying-- I just wanted to post smilies one last time in case they disappear, he he)

8f3e2f83bb96b757ce06e586bea9ea85.jpg

If you click on the link in Tricia's post above, she's referring to a separate personal blogging area of WS that some members used over the years. It's not part of the WS forums that we all post on and where we discuss cases. It's totally separate.

Ahhhh ok, thank you for the clarification [emoji4] I knew I had to be missing something lol

Unless otherwise stated, everything above is MOO[emoji5][emoji230]

Is the current forum set up and all data being backed up just in case?

Will I still be able to find my "subscribed" threads with one easy click??

Oh, come on, you guys. What's the worst thing that could happen?

Oh, come on, you guys. What's the worst thing that could happen?

Well, I was locked out of the beta forum. It simply didn't recognize me as a valid user. :(
Let's hope nothing like that happens to anyone, but with my luck, it'll happen again and I'll be stuck on the Facebook page, trying to get someone's attention to help me out!

Well, I was locked out of the beta forum. It simply didn't recognize me as a valid user. :(
Let's hope nothing like that happens to anyone, but with my luck, it'll happen again and I'll be stuck on the Facebook page, trying to get someone's attention to help me out!

I'll look out for you! :hug: (But I'm confident everything will be fine! :))

Oh wow. That's a big one! At other sites I've read people who fear for the safety of the archives, too. But necessity is the mother of invention!

I'll look out for you! :hug: (But I'm confident everything will be fine! :))

:heartluv: That is very sweet of you. And hopefully unnecessary!

Lolololol this. I always think it’s people acting out the term, although I know it’s just emojis that don’t show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol same here! It’s funny to see which ones people pick :wink:

Tricia ... I didn't have any real problems with the beta testing functions. however, the colors chosen and text size are a huge problem for me. Will there be a way to tweak our own settings to make the text to stand out better for those with visual difficulties?

And will there be a place to ask questions or make suggestions, or is this the absolute final version and we better get used to it? (Just kidding, I will for sure, as will all of us)

looking forward to fewer glitches and more ease of functioning. You've all done a lot to make WS proud.

Thank you Spellbound

Those colors you are talking about came as is from Xenforo. Xenforo really knows what they are doing. The reason the type is tiny or there isn't enough color contrast is because those functions are ones that you will rarely use therefore they shouldn't jump out at you.Let me add a "but" here and that is there may be places on the forum where the color contrast is bad and it is on a function you do use a lot. We will be looking at these functions when the forum goes live and make needed adjustments if necessary.

Spellbound can you tell me exactly what functions you are talking about?

Hate to say this but I have been on other forums (technical aviation related) and when they moved to "new and improved" software nothing worked properly after that and the forum faded away to nothing

Sad situation because there was tons of historical archive content that members had contributed for 15 years.

I warned them and warned them not to change , but they went ahead anyway. Thousands of aviators around the world had bookmarked thousands of posts and referred back to them in classroom settings etc .... after the new software no bookmarks worked . Even internal bookmarks did not work.

I hope I am wrong and everything here survives , but if it does it will be the first.

best wishes

EDIT to also mention .... on the aviation forum no members could even get signed in after the update

Exactly my thoughts. What are we supposed to do -- copy down every single one of our posts? I doubt anyone is going to do that. Guess they'll just be lost, which is a shame because there is great work/references that have been built here that's all for naught now. And for what? A new look? I think the content is the most important thing and the site is fine enough as is. To lose all these posts and all these forums is extremely sad.

Right on target!!!!

Absolutely! Microsoft/Edge did about an hour's worth of updates on my desktop on Wednesday. Afterwards, I :rolleyes: because opening screen looked so different, new apps, new tool bar, etc., but it took just an hour or so to get used to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88