OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, it must be in the redacted portions. CR2 is the only one I saw as well, unless there's something in the preliminary ARs. This news item quoting Dr Lakshmi is from the time the preliminary reports were released, April 26, 2016

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coroner-most-ohio-victims-shot-many-times-some-bruised/

BBM

From an article after the redacted Final AR's were released

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ohio-massacre-victims-showed-signs-struggle-autopsy-n562651

BBM

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...ses-redacted-rhoden-autopsy-reports/90912132/

We really need to set up profiles for each victim & their crime scene and post the known information. Want to volunteer? If enough people volunteer, we can divide up the victims and crime scenes and work on a few at a time.

I kind of like the format this person used to catalogue the EAR/ONS cases

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/01.php

I would be interested in helping do this. Should we wait until the new change in Websleuths though? I'm kind of paranoid about losing all this information everyone has worked so hard to obtain on these murders.

For some reason, they've been interested in him since the git go. In the interview I linked earlier, about the argument with the deputies, we don't know what that was about, or what was said. The day they found the bodies, though, we see them looking into JM's truck, like they're very interested, then they take the truck. They let his son, and BJM, take their vehicles, but not JM. It may be a simple explanation. Idk.

They were all interviewed there at the scene. BJM says she doesn't remember how JM came to be at the scene. At some point, one of them takes off walking up the road. BJM goes into the homes, retrieving infants, JM seems to already know the outcome. BJM's timeline didn't add up either, in the beginning. It didn't add up though, because she was not wanting to tell them the real reason why she was there, is my theory (which was to help with the "gardening"). She may have even done that before going into CR1's trailer, making her timeline being off, even greater. At one point, LM says she came and got him, and his boy, which infers she left the scene (before, or after she called LE?).

LM is the one who told us that JM texted JW at 2:00 am and AM texted DR at 1:00 am. LM talking, this whole time, has not helped the Ms at all. We may have gleaned some info from him, but he's a defense attorney's nightmare, and I think they've finally gotten him to understand and be quiet. JM on the other hand has never spoken publicly (smart).

The red truck may be connected to someone they are interested in, but, it had been kept hidden away, and all of a sudden it pops up, and who ends up with it? JM. JM has not been named a suspect but he has been named a witness. A witness to what?

The Manleys, esp. LM, have been so up front and open with the news media, I don't see them as suspects. They've been investigated inside and out for 2 yrs with nothing to show for it. There is also no motive.We've been over this dozens of times I'm really tired of talking about it and honestly think it distracts us from focusing on more likely suspects.

Nothing personal, no offense. I just refuse to discuss them any longer. Maybe it would work best if we avoid discussing the Manleys as suspects one way or another unless someone comes up with some new evidence related to them. How does that sound? Is that something we can all work with?

I agree, but, some of the stuff he's dropped, has not helped his family. It has made them look suspicious. His wording may not be the same as the wording they used in their interviews and thus, it causes them to be looked at harder. Honestly, that truck would have been the least of my worries.

True. I feel like Leonard comes from a place of “we got nothing to hide” and he’s a “call it as he sees it” kind of person.

In hindsight, I’m sure he realizes the truck really wasn’t that big of a deal in the big picture. With all due respect to the man, he was grief stricken and grief makes anyone get upset about things that seem trivial. I also believe he felt his family was unfairly attacked by LE.

The Manleys, esp. LM, have been so up front and open with the news media, I don't see them as suspects. They've been investigated inside and out for 2 yrs with nothing to show for it. There is also no motive.We've been over this dozens of times I'm really tired of talking about it and honestly think it distracts us from focusing on more likely suspects.

Nothing personal, no offense. I just refuse to discuss them any longer. Maybe it would work best if we avoid discussing the Manleys as suspects one way or another unless someone comes up with some new evidence related to them. How does that sound? Is that something we can all work with?

We can't rule anyone out Betty. I respect your decision if you wish to not discuss the Ms. yourself, but, JM is considered a witness, and he has a vehicle that they seem to be interested in, enough to put a gps tracker on. I don't think they murdered their family either, but some of the info that LM has put out there, which has conflicted, is probably why LE looked at them so hard in the beginning, and may still be looking at JM. I won't tell you who not to look at or discuss, but we can't just not discuss and entire family, who were the first to arrive at three of the murder scenes. That's like saying we can't discuss DS.

True. I feel like Leonard comes from a place of “we got nothing to hide” and he’s a “call it as he sees it” kind of person.

In hindsight, I’m sure he realizes the truck really wasn’t that big of a deal in the big picture. With all due respect to the man, he was grief stricken and grief makes anyone get upset about things that seem trivial. I also believe he felt his family was unfairly attacked by LE.

Agree. We see it all the time. Family is questioned and questioned, their records and insurance, and alibis checked. Family is the first to usually be looked at, and in this case, it has been all family, who found the bodies, too. LM was defending his family but, I'd bet a dime to a donut it was their lawyer after the gps thing, that has gotten him to be quiet.

Agree. We see it all the time. Family is questioned and questioned, their records and insurance, and alibis checked. Family is the first to usually be looked at, and in this case, it has been all family, who found the bodies, too. LM was defending his family but, I'd bet a dime to a donut it was their lawyer after the gps thing, that has gotten him to be quiet.

I’m sure it was as well. That was the last on screen interview he gave wasn’t it, when they left the courthouse after the bond hearing?

I would be interested in helping do this. Should we wait until the new change in Websleuths though? I'm kind of paranoid about losing all this information everyone has worked so hard to obtain on these murders.

The one for EAR/ONS was done on a website/blog it looks like. Maybe we should try something like that OR create sub threads for each victim linked to this thread. I don’t know how to do that though lol.

The one for EAR/ONS was done on a website/blog it looks like. Maybe we should try something like that OR create sub threads for each victim linked to this thread. I don’t know how to do that though lol.

BBM
If any info goes on it that is not MSM, or if it comes from the basement, we'd have to put it on a separate blog, or else we'd break TOS, wouldn't we?

I'm not real clear on what you're wanting to do, but I am willing to help. :lookingitup:

Check the link

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/01.php

I'm suggesting it as a template. Create a summary for each victim with known facts, info, crime scene, AR info, etc. It makes a helpful reference point so we don't have to keep going back to look up the same information over and over. Helps organize the facts of the case, events leading up to each person's death, links to news media stories, quotes from friends,etc.

Example:

Victim: Dana Manley Rhoden

Date of Death: 4/22/2016

Notes & Background

xxxxx

Pre-Attack Events

March 22, 2016

Christopher Rhoden. Sr. purchased the home and property at 4077 UHR where Dana and her family lived

April 21, 2016 - Dana worked a double shift at her job at XYZ Nursing Home Peebles, OH

All I can tell you is hundreds of LE have worked hard to find a way to blame JM for this murder, probably at the expense of actually finding the real killer.

LE - DeWine, Reader & Prosecutor Rob Junk - have said their laser focus is on the Wagner family, now living in Alaska.

LE has had the entire Manley family testify before the GJ, questioned, given polys searched, etc. LE has said they are not the focus of the investigation.

I've followed cases where discussions went on for 7 years, where people often tried to keep discussion from focusing on a suspect or suspects while promoting theories and suspects that don't add up.

I can handle those discussions, the last time for 7 years. Every week. Every day. I can counter the same argument with facts about a suspect 10 times a day, 7 days a week, 50 weeks a year, etc. Because sometimes its important to do that to protect and help people who are innocent victims and don't have the power or money to fight those who don't have their best interests in mind.

BBM
If any info goes on it that is not MSM, or if it comes from the basement, we'd have to put it on a separate blog, or else we'd break TOS, wouldn't we?

The recommendation is a template for victim profiles to place on the front of each thread and in the Media & Timelines thread.

Of course, we will make sure facts are backed up with links.

It's not a blog, it's a victim profile combined with some crime scene & geographic profiling.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

All I can tell you is hundreds of LE have worked hard to find a way to blame JM for this murder, probably at the expense of actually finding the real killer.

LE - DeWine, Reader & Prosecutor Rob Junk - have said their laser focus is on the Wagner family, now living in Alaska.

LE has had the entire Manley family testify before the GJ, questioned, given polys searched, etc. LE has said they are not the focus of the investigation.

I've followed cases where discussions went on for 7 years, where people often tried to keep discussion from focusing on a suspect or suspects while promoting theories and suspects that don't add up.

I can handle those discussions, the last time for 7 years. Every week. Every day. I can counter the same argument with facts about a suspect 10 times a day, 7 days a week, 50 weeks a year, etc. Because sometimes its important to do that to protect and help people who are innocent victims and don't have the power or money to fight those who don't have their best interests in mind.

I understand where you are coming from, but, much of our information comes from the Ms. It's not because, at least for me, that I'm accusing them, but, because they were the first on the scenes, and because LM has been so vocal, BJM and DS made the 911 calls, JM, was first at DR's scene, AM speaking to the press, LM saying there was texting going on in the early a.m. on the 22nd, is why we have the info that we have to discuss.

I admit, in the beginning, it kinda looked bad on BJM and DS (DS still seems sketchy to me, but it may just be his mannerisms). However, after learning about the M family, I just don't see that it was in their best interest to kill the Rs (That doesn't mean that I'm right though). I still think that one of them, including DS, quite likely unknowingly, provided info that helped the assailant(s), and could now be very scared. However, being that most of our info comes from the Ms, right down to the timeline of when the bodies were found, to texting JW and DR on the a.m. of the 22nd, I just can't eliminate them out of the discussion.

It is important to protect innocent victims who don’t have the money to fight, I agree with that 100%.

When it comes to the Manley’s, I do not believe they are involved in the murders of their family.

But I do feel like something is askew between text messages, a truck, and another vehicle that can be seen in pics on both W property and the property of LM. I don’t think that’s the M’s fault. I think that’s the W’s doing. I’ve seen that with my own eyes and it’s JMO.

When things don’t add up over and over again, it’s not the adding that’s wrong, it means there’s a factor missing. It makes us talk in circles because none of us can make complete sense of it.

It doesn’t help in any way that LE has released next to nothing. There’s a difference between protecting the integrity of an investigation and creating an illusion to put a smokescreen in the faces of the public.

Example 1- the redacted autopsies. The media reports there’s bruising to some victims. When you look at the autopsies, there’s only one victim with noted bruising outside of the redactions. Then look at the redacted areas-all of the areas where gunshot wounds are located are heavily redacted and I’d guarantee there would be bruising in those areas.

The media has done fabulous reporting, however there are several instances where the media has misconstrued the words in order to get a better story and people have ran it with it.

Maybe you or someone else on here knows the answer to this one because I’ve been wondering this for quite a while. Reader said in the beginning that the families of the victims needed to be concerned for their safety and should arm themselves.

But 911 calls were released not protecting the identity of those who found the victims. Why in the world would those calls have been released with BJM and DS’ names when the sheriff said the surviving family was in danger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage