OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
The recommendation is a template for victim profiles to place on the front of each thread and in the Media & Timelines thread.

Of course, we will make sure facts are backed up with links.

It's not a blog, it's a victim profile combined with some crime scene & geographic profiling.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

So, are we going to move the info from the timelines, at the front of the threads, onto these templates?

The recommendation is a template for victim profiles to place on the front of each thread and in the Media & Timelines thread.

It's not a blog, it's a victim profile combined with some crime scene & geographic profiling.

Who wants to take what victim?

I will do Hanna R, if that’s okay.

I'll take KR, if that's okay with everyone else, or just assign me to someone. I'd really like to find out more about GR. I'm pretty much retired so I can take him too, if need be.

I wonder if our mailboxes will be brought over okay to the new system? Some folks may be full, mine is almost, so I'm saving it to text, jic.

Me -HMR profile
Boots- HHG profile
RSD- KR profile

We need members for the profiles of:

CR1
DR
FR
CR2
GR

It is important to protect innocent victims who don’t have the money to fight, I agree with that 100%.

When it comes to the Manley’s, I do not believe they are involved in the murders of their family.

But I do feel like something is askew between text messages, a truck, and another vehicle that can be seen in pics on both W property and the property of LM. I don’t think that’s the M’s fault. I think that’s the W’s doing. I’ve seen that with my own eyes and it’s JMO.

When things don’t add up over and over again, it’s not the adding that’s wrong, it means there’s a factor missing. It makes us talk in circles because none of us can make complete sense of it.

It doesn’t help in any way that LE has released next to nothing. There’s a difference between protecting the integrity of an investigation and creating an illusion to put a smokescreen in the faces of the public.

Example 1- the redacted autopsies. The media reports there’s bruising to some victims. When you look at the autopsies, there’s only one victim with noted bruising outside of the redactions. Then look at the redacted areas-all of the areas where gunshot wounds are located are heavily redacted and I’d guarantee there would be bruising in those areas.

The media has done fabulous reporting, however there are several instances where the media has misconstrued the words in order to get a better story and people have ran it with it.

Maybe you or someone else on here knows the answer to this one because I’ve been wondering this for quite a while. Reader said in the beginning that the families of the victims needed to be concerned for their safety and should arm themselves.

But 911 calls were released not protecting the identity of those who found the victims. Why in the world would those calls have been released with BJM and DS’ names when the sheriff said the surviving family was in danger?

All good points. BTW, if you can find and share a photo of the red truck at the W farm, that would be great. I'm pretty sure we've already posted photos of the truck parked at JM's place. You're also spot on about LE seeming to put up a smoke screen by not releasing any facts about the case. The time, labor and expense they've expended to protect the AR's and lock up the trailers and camper is pretty much unprecedented in murder cases AFAIK.

Agree, someone was using JM and BJM, setting them up to look like the killers. We know why, but we don't exactly know who. W's seem to be involved in that, but I have a feeling there's someone else behind the scenes who helped engineer and carry out that plan. Has there ever been a case of someone doing that before in a murder case in that area? Can we see any patterns or similarities between these murders (and set up of family and acquaintences) and others in the region? Were there other murders/ burglaries/ B&E in the area where someone used some of the same MO's? Whomever killed the Rhodens & HHG, it probably wasn't their first rodeo. JMO, they built up to this. They learned something each time they killed someone.

Feel free to add other murders that have a similar MO or common victim characteristics.

Some common characteristics of previous crimes:

Pre-planning of the murder (Newsome, Rhodens, Eapmon, Lake)

Surveilling victims schedules beforehand (Rhodens, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Breaking and entering homes while victims are asleep (Rhodens, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Familiar with layout of homes and trailers where victims lived (Rhoden, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Gun as the murder weapon (Shotgun was used in Newsom murders)

Victims mostly killed execution style - shot in the head at close range (Rhodens, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Shooting victims while they're asleep or in bed (mostly successful, but sometimes victims awaken and fight back or try to escape) (Newsome, Rhodens, Eapmon, Lake)

Getting to and from the crime scene without anyone noticing (seems to indicate they may park their car some distance away from the crime scene and approach & leave on foot).(Rhodens, Newsome, Eapmon, Lake)

Familiar with/skilled at navigating homes and outdoor areas in the dark (Rhodens, Newsome, Eapmon, Lake was early morning 7:10 am)

Willing to kill young teen relatives of target victims (Rhoden, Newsome)

Killer takes evidence from the crime scene (Rhodens, Eapmons)

Some victims had been dealing in oxycontin and/or oxycodone (Lake, Newsome)

Intruders at home several days before murders (Lake, possibly Rhodens)

Threatening phone calls in days before murders (Lake, possibly Rhodens)

Letter left at one home before murder (Lake)

Victims had been arrested, worked with law enforcement to lessen sentence (Lake, Newsome, Eapmon)

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/c...ller-takes-evidence-from-the-scene-08-24-2016

http://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20180205/family-suspects-doctors-plea-deal-led-to-2017-slaying

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/doctor-dies-day-after-home-invasion-in-westerville

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Mother-and-daughter-found-dead-in-Scioto-County--364128731.html

https://www.**************/2683325/...-daughter-are-found-shot-to-death-in-trailer/

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...hunt-for-killer(s)-16&p=12587930#post12587930

I wonder where Mr. Pate has been. His profiling still fascinates me.

Great reminder of that post. In some ways his profile could fit someone in law enforcement, though he may not have realized it.

Slightly related, here's an article about how contract killers can look like serial killers, but are very different

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...professional-assassins-are-not-serial-killers

IMO, LE had no interested at all in that red truck. Forget the red truck. Targeting that truck with GPS was a ploy to investigate JM.

It is important to protect innocent victims who don’t have the money to fight, I agree with that 100%.

When it comes to the Manley’s, I do not believe they are involved in the murders of their family.

But I do feel like something is askew between text messages, a truck, and another vehicle that can be seen in pics on both W property and the property of LM. I don’t think that’s the M’s fault. I think that’s the W’s doing. I’ve seen that with my own eyes and it’s JMO.

When things don’t add up over and over again, it’s not the adding that’s wrong, it means there’s a factor missing. It makes us talk in circles because none of us can make complete sense of it.

It doesn’t help in any way that LE has released next to nothing. There’s a difference between protecting the integrity of an investigation and creating an illusion to put a smokescreen in the faces of the public.

Example 1- the redacted autopsies. The media reports there’s bruising to some victims. When you look at the autopsies, there’s only one victim with noted bruising outside of the redactions. Then look at the redacted areas-all of the areas where gunshot wounds are located are heavily redacted and I’d guarantee there would be bruising in those areas.

The media has done fabulous reporting, however there are several instances where the media has misconstrued the words in order to get a better story and people have ran it with it.

Maybe you or someone else on here knows the answer to this one because I’ve been wondering this for quite a while. Reader said in the beginning that the families of the victims needed to be concerned for their safety and should arm themselves.

But 911 calls were released not protecting the identity of those who found the victims. Why in the world would those calls have been released with BJM and DS’ names when the sheriff said the surviving family was in danger?

I think the media got kinda creative in some situations. They also knew that they could get a soundbite out of LM and went after him, some didn't care whether it would be to the detriment of his family, or the case, or not.

The suggestion that the family may be in danger, I think, was, at the beginning, directed more toward R family members. Also, I think that the assailant(s) knew that BJM would be there early to work, and the assailant(s) didn't know about the hidden key. They'd hoped that she'd find the doors locked, see no one through the window, and go on about her business. It would give them a bit of extra time before the bodies were found.

GR hung out with CR1. CR1? I've no clue what his schedule was at BBL, but, I'd heard that he and GR were supposed to go get vehicles the next day. So, BBL would likely have known he wasn't coming in to work.

DR worked a double, and was texting at 2:00 a.m. so wasn't likely going in early that morning.

HMR wasn't working or going to school, at the time.

CR2 would have been counted as absent. No one to pick up the phone if they called. They'd call back later.

HHG was a stay-at-home mother, and FR's workplace at the mill, may or may not have called, but if they did, who would answer?

KR was supposed to go work on vehicles with DS. So, KR's place of business wasn't expecting him in to work. Odd that he'd take off from a new job to go work on vehicles though. DS seems to be the only one who knew that, and, didn't seem to speak up til after he was asked to go to KR's place, and, with a family member he brought along, found KR deceased...

All good points. BTW, if you can find and share a photo of the red truck at the W farm, that would be great. I'm pretty sure we've already posted photos of the truck parked at JM's place. You're also spot on about LE seeming to put up a smoke screen by not releasing any facts about the case. The time, labor and expense they've expended to protect the AR's and lock up the trailers and camper is pretty much unprecedented in murder cases AFAIK.

Agree, someone was using JM and BJM, setting them up to look like the killers. We know why, but we don't exactly know who. W's seem to be involved in that, but I have a feeling there's someone else behind the scenes who helped engineer and carry out that plan. Has there ever been a case of someone doing that before in a murder case in that area? Can we see any patterns or similarities between these murders (and set up of family and acquaintences) and others in the region? Were there other murders/ burglaries/ B&E in the area where someone used some of the same MO's? Whomever killed the Rhodens & HHG, it probably wasn't their first rodeo. JMO, they built up to this. They learned something each time they killed someone.

Feel free to add other murders that have a similar MO or common victim characteristics.

Some common characteristics of previous crimes:

Pre-planning of the murder (Newsome, Rhodens, Eapmon, Lake)

Surveilling victims schedules beforehand (Rhodens, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Breaking and entering homes while victims are asleep (Rhodens, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Familiar with layout of homes and trailers where victims lived (Rhoden, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Gun as the murder weapon (Shotgun was used in Newsom murders)

Victims mostly killed execution style - shot in the head at close range (Rhodens, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Shooting victims while they're asleep or in bed (mostly successful, but sometimes victims awaken and fight back or try to escape) (Newsome, Rhodens, Eapmon, Lake)

Getting to and from the crime scene without anyone noticing (seems to indicate they may park their car some distance away from the crime scene and approach & leave on foot).(Rhodens, Newsome, Eapmon, Lake)

Familiar with/skilled at navigating homes and outdoor areas in the dark (Rhodens, Newsome, Eapmon, Lake was early morning 7:10 am)

Willing to kill young teen relatives of target victims (Rhoden, Newsome)

Killer takes evidence from the crime scene (Rhodens, Eapmons)

Some victims had been dealing in oxycontin and/or oxycodone (Lake, Newsome)

Intruders at home several days before murders (Lake, possibly Rhodens)

Threatening phone calls in days before murders (Lake, possibly Rhodens)

Letter left at one home before murder (Lake)

Victims had been arrested, worked with law enforcement to lessen sentence (Lake, Newsome, Eapmon)

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/c...ller-takes-evidence-from-the-scene-08-24-2016

http://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20180205/family-suspects-doctors-plea-deal-led-to-2017-slaying

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/doctor-dies-day-after-home-invasion-in-westerville

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Mother-and-daughter-found-dead-in-Scioto-County--364128731.html

https://www.**************/2683325/...-daughter-are-found-shot-to-death-in-trailer/

There's one that has stuck with me from early on, and that's the Brown County, Ohio murder. The man's gf actually came forward, at one point, and told investigators that her bf, is a hired hitman, and she saw him kill the Stykes girl. He used a blue light on her. He was out of prison at the time of the Rhoden/Gilley murders, too.

http://www.fox19.com/story/30119225...-in-brittany-stykes-murder?clienttype=generic

Me -HMR profile
Boots- HHG profile
RSD- KR profile

We need members for the profiles of:

CR1
DR
FR
CR2
GR

I'll start with FR and CR2, then maybe tackle the big guys after. Any volunteers for those? Maybe we could make CR1, GR and KR a team project.

Also, feel free to add photos, maps, etc. that may be of help.

It’s interesting LE kept his truck he owned at the time of the murders BUT when he got the red truck, they put a gps on it.

If they believed the red truck was involved in the commission of a murder, why wouldn’t they seize and process that truck as well?

ETA-instead of seizing the red truck with a warrant, LE placed a GPS.

I would guess because it had been transferred to another owner after the murders and evidence in or out would not be any good to them in a court of law, without a witness to were the truck had been, and with whom. They would have to have a documented report of that truck, every minute after it left the crime scenes, if it was there.

If LE knew the red truck was involved in the murders, why didn't they question that owner and search the truck back then? That owner should have been examined very closely - cell phone records, polygraph, etc. Why did LE wait for over a year to investigate JM, when he didn't own it during the murders? JMO, the red truck was just an excuse to try to build a case against JM, to get him and the other Manleys before the Grand Jury.

JM's arrest and the GJ testimony are the only incidents that finally persuaded LM to stop talking to the news media. That may also have been a reason. Prosecutor Junk seems to have a habit of using GJ proceedings to silence people and make cases disappear or go cold.

I'm only guessing here, but some of the evidence had to go to labs and took some time to get results. IMO friends and family are protecting the murders. There are locals that either know everything that happened, or by this time have enough "clues" to have some idea of who did this. The Wagner's were not on the radar of LE/BCI in the beginning, or had a very good lawyer who kept them out of the media/public. If they did have W's on radar, you would think they would be watching they closely. But apparently they didn't because they left town. I think "someone" let the authorities know that the W's were leaving, someone who wants to stay close to them for the children's sake? I also agree with your post Betty, yes I believe they "set" JM up, but why? I think they needed more info that they thought he had. They have believed the Manley's didn't tell them the truth from the beginning, or wouldn't have kept bringing them in for questioning.
What were they trying to get from JM? And did they get it?

Personally, I had the opposite thoughts on his posts. Did he ever get himself verified? I thought he disappeared when that was suggested....

He did not. I just checked again today. Sometimes the tone of a post gets lost when we type things so the best way I can describe my fascination is it’s a fascination that I’ve never known what to think. Does that make sense?

I think the media got kinda creative in some situations. They also knew that they could get a soundbite out of LM and went after him, some didn't care whether it would be to the detriment of his family, or the case, or not.

The suggestion that the family may be in danger, I think, was, at the beginning, directed more toward R family members. Also, I think that the assailant(s) knew that BJM would be there early to work, and the assailant(s) didn't know about the hidden key. They'd hoped that she'd find the doors locked, see no one through the window, and go on about her business. It would give them a bit of extra time before the bodies were found.

GR hung out with CR1. CR1? I've no clue what his schedule was at BBL, but, I'd heard that he and GR were supposed to go get vehicles the next day. So, BBL would likely have known he wasn't coming in to work.

DR worked a double, and was texting at 2:00 a.m. so wasn't likely going in early that morning.

HMR wasn't working or going to school, at the time.

CR2 would have been counted as absent. No one to pick up the phone if they called. They'd call back later.

HHG was a stay-at-home mother, and FR's workplace at the mill, may or may not have called, but if they did, who would answer?

KR was supposed to go work on vehicles with DS. So, KR's place of business wasn't expecting him in to work. Odd that he'd take off from a new job to go work on vehicles though. DS seems to be the only one who knew that, and, didn't seem to speak up til after he was asked to go to KR's place, and, with a family member he brought along, found KR deceased...

All of this story from DS has never seemed right. No one seems to know KR was taking the day off from his regular job to work on cars except DS. Even his daughter who talked to him regularly thought he was at work. DS bringing someone with him that afternoon could make a great excuse and witness as to why his fresh finger prints and DNA was there. I truly believe he was there earlier and came back. Maybe he helped himself to some things he knew no one would miss. I don't know if it was the night before or that morning, but I think he knew KR was dead when they pulled in to check on him. After he knows KR is murdered, he takes the time to wonder around the property before calling 911? He had no concern that the murder(s) could still be there? Did he know they were not?
I've wondered from early on that KR's death was a separate crime from the other seven.

As far as motives go, could CR1 have borrowed money from a shady lender and used it to buy DR's home instead of what he was supposed to use it for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni