Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, they will take you to the next hospital “on the receiving list” unless you are trauma level. Then you go to the nearest hospital with the trauma level you require; 1, 2, or 3. Not all hospitals are trauma certified of any level. Now, with chest pain and stroke certifications for hospitals, if those are your symptoms, you go to hospitals with one of those certifications. Hospitals are placed in “districts” and “share” on the receiving” list. It rotates. It’s complicated.

BBM

Interesting as many of here seem to know about child abuse as it's processed within emergency & hospital settings.
In my experience have seen more healthcare as it intersects with schools (screening, nutrition, therapy, etc).
Given this 'blind spot' where kids we've seen drastically suffering are left to survive on their own, would want to see 'trickle down' changes from those in the medical field with the most experience in childhood crisis intervention, being able to implement necessary filters into the public schools & other programs youth participate in.

'Prevention is the best cure' in it's most general sense.

Just wondering why this is not a thing yet.

So, once again just want to say how much I value these conversations for Lucas, that his thread has remained open with no problems, unlike other important closed threads right now where I really want to discuss things but can't because others can't be respectful.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Praying today is the day and that the searchers stay safe as I fear JH is still siding with EG and the searchers are going to be the only way he will be found.
#TeamLucas

I thankfully have only had to call twice in my life- once in an area with only one hospital and once in Wichita. At that time, about 16 years ago, we were told they would deliver him to the nearest ER, not hospital of his choice. It was a failed suicide attempt, for reference. He was Not in danger of dying imminently. Doing some brief googling of Wichita EMS and Sedgwick County EMS services, it seems to have changed a lot in the intervening years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should clarify that I’m in the Houston area and we have a large variety of hospitals in relatively close setting so HERE you can choose generally. We will not drive you 1 hr away to some hospital you like when we have 7 that are only 30min out.

I should clarify that I’m in the Houston area and we have a large variety of hospitals in relatively close setting so HERE you can choose generally. We will not drive you 1 hr away to some hospital you like when we have 7 that are only 30min out.

They’re all fairly close to one another in wichita especially if you’re more on the outskirts of town. You can be pretty much anywhere in wichita from anywhere in wichita within 30 minutes or less. They’ve recently opened ER’s on the edges of town actually I did not realize that had already happened

Respectfully, they will take you to the next hospital “on the receiving list” unless you are trauma level. Then you go to the nearest hospital with the trauma level you require; 1, 2, or 3. Not all hospitals are trauma certified of any level. Now, with chest pain and stroke certifications for hospitals, if those are your symptoms, you go to hospitals with one of those certifications. Hospitals are placed in “districts” and “share” on the receiving” list. It rotates. It’s complicated.
My city’s hospital ER is right down the street, I can easily walk there. I’ve had two strokes, rhabdomyolysis with renal failure and was taken by ambulances to the nearest trauma hospitals specializing in those specific emergencies in the next cities over. For spinal fractures and seizures, I’m taken down the street. The EMTs always make that decision and inform my family where to go.

I have not caught up yet but I understand how everyone is feeling.
It's going to take time and hopefully, unlike in the CA case, Lucas will be located and COD can be determined.
I have not lost hope of that, but with the blank statements by directly involved individuals affirming that Lucas is, in their own opinions as family members etc, passed from this life, I have had to come to grip with this fact. :(
I am still doing all I can in the background of this case from way off from Kansas to help in any way I possibly can.
Obviously at this point, that is very limited.
Prayers hopes and wishes is all I have to offer.
Since we have been directed by Mods not to post unless it will help find Lucas or lead towards justice for him, I am reading and holding my breath.
What more can we do?
All I really have to add is basically useless banter, and that is not helping anyone.
The rest of you finding your very effective ways to post, please continue and don't give up.
I know you are loved by so many for doing so.
Chi :facepalm:----frustrated that I can't really do anything

Chi, I’ve read your very sweet and thoughtful post twice now. I’m reminded of when I was very young and my grandma died. I cried and cried. Mama just held me tight and whispered into my ear: Grandma’s still alive. How and where is she? I asked. Mama said: Grandma will live forever right here in your heart. That’s how God keeps all of us alive. As long as we never forget them they live on within us. It took me many years to grasp her wisdom. I know the angels have already found Lucas. I will continue to remember Lucas and his little button-up shirt. His image is tattooed upon my heart. Thanks Chi. You are helping.

(Been a bad couple days down there between the school shooting and the plant explosion...)

I live about an hour away from ict. If transfer to the city is necessary, we have our choice of destination. At least it has been in my limited personal experience. Could certainly be different within SGCO EMS though.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

IMHO everyone here for Lucas is an angel of some kind. :heartbeat:
We use our healing and loving hearts to carefully guide our loving hands with grace and tenderness, to rely on the special inner tenderness we all have deep inside to hold back on anger as long as we can.
That's how we are really helping in general right this very second.
Sending out love to FLA and of course to PB for all that she has done and continues to do daily for every family she touches.
We are called somewhere and somehow to stand up for these missing and lost kids (and adults),
And often we hurt but we stick it out waiting for the next bit of news.
God bless us one and all.
Chi

I live about an hour away from ict. If transfer to the city is necessary, we have our choice of destination. At least it has been in my limited personal experience. Could certainly be different within SGCO EMS though.

I realized after doing some googling my call was back in the day of hospitals having their own EMS vehicles...and whichever hospital got your call is where you got taken
I’m showing my age [emoji23]

Now back to the topic at hand
Does anyone else think she EG may have made another stop on her way to OG - given her ‘I don’t remember which route I took’ and the time lapse between text to JH about going about 3:30, and the phone call at OG 4:53? Could this be related to where Lucas is now?

At least you don't remember as far back to when the funeral homes owned them lol!
I realized after doing some googling my call was back in the day of hospitals having their own EMS vehicles...and whichever hospital got your call is where you got taken

Does anyone else think she EG may have made another stop on her way to OG - given her ‘I don’t remember which route I took’ and the time lapse between text to JH about going about 3:30, and the phone call at OG 4:53? Could this be related to where Lucas is now?

I’m glad you brought that up because I was trying to look at the timeline in this statement exert. But I wasn’t sure of the times. Maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

I went to the garage to smoke cannabis and got really hungry and then I remembered Jonathan had given me an Olive Garden gift card and wanted that to eat when I got MH and myself ready. I decided to eat real quick while I had my appetite.

This was around 5:20 to 5pm. My landlord Chris called me towards the end of me finishing up Olive Garden so that he can stop by to check the sewer/plumbing, I believe due to nasty smells I was smelling. I told him I was almost home and would see him soon. On my way home he ended up calling me back. I got home around 6? (sic).

It seems as though she completely leaves out info and activity between the text and OG.

i've been reading and thinking about the good posts people are making regarding the dinner she claims she gave lucas on friday. tbh, i can see it both ways - it doesnt seem like something a good parent would give their sick kid but at the same, kids are picky and maybe she wanted to get anything in his stomach.

another possibility, imo: she made the chicken fries & fries for lucas but he didnt eat them/had maybe one bite bc his body wasnt feeling good (either due to the flu, an internal injury from her or both). unlike most parents, EG didnt try to make him something else and coax/help him eat or take him to a doctor.

this got me thinking, i wonder if this had been the case for the entire time he was out of school. lucas doesnt feel well so he doesnt eat what he's given so EG is like "whatever, i tried". even if he didnt eat lunch at school, im sure theres snacktime and at least a teacher would have noticed if he wasnt eating, seemed extra hungry for things like crackers or any type of weird pattern. but he wasnt at school for 11 days, he was only with EG....i wonder if malnourishment contributed to his health declining among other things?

i wonder if LE found anything like pedialite, gatorade, crackers, jello etc in her home....

If she didn't take him to the doctors, how did she get him a prescription for Zofran?

I’m glad you brought that up because I was trying to look at the timeline in this statement exert. But I wasn’t sure of the times. Maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

I went to the garage to smoke cannabis and got really hungry and then I remembered Jonathan had given me an Olive Garden gift card and wanted that to eat when I got MH and myself ready. I decided to eat real quick while I had my appetite.

This was around 5:20 to 5pm. My landlord Chris called me towards the end of me finishing up Olive Garden so that he can stop by to check the sewer/plumbing, I believe due to nasty smells I was smelling. I told him I was almost home and would see him soon. On my way home he ended up calling me back. I got home around 6? (sic).

It seems as though she completely leaves out info and activity between the text and OG.

Yeah I think her timeline in the statement is wayyyyyy off.
Her phone ‘made’ calls from the area of the OG according to the affidavit at 4:53 and 5:43. I had asked upthread about how marijuana (or maybe it was thread 22?) affects your sense of time because the two don’t match up; her estimate of times and the phone calls made from her phone in the area of the OG

Yeah I think her timeline in the statement is wayyyyyy off.
Her phone ‘made’ calls from the area of the OG according to the affidavit at 4:53 and 5:43. I had asked upthread about how marijuana (or maybe it was thread 22?) affects your sense of time because the two don’t match up; her estimate of times and the phone calls made from her phone in the area of the OG

What time did she text with JH before going to OG? For her deciding to eat real quick, seems like she had around an hour and a half at the least which is unaccounted for in her supposedly detailed statement.

What time did she text with JH before going to OG? For her deciding to eat real quick, seems like she had around an hour and a half at the least which is unaccounted for in her supposedly detailed statement.

According to the affidavit, she said she smoked and decided to go to OG around 3:30. The police found FB messages that said the same thing in her phone dated 2/16 but did not state the time of the messages.
https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vi...rary/e2e870ec-05bb-4e1f-9b83-4c80ccbcb1f1.pdf

According to the affidavit, she said she smoked and decided to go to OG around 3:30. The police found FB messages that said the same thing in her phone dated 2/16 but did not state the time of the messages.
https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vi...rary/e2e870ec-05bb-4e1f-9b83-4c80ccbcb1f1.pdf

Thanks for that link. I’ve thought about if Lucas might have wanted to go with her and his little sister to go out to eat and she perhaps gave him something like Benadryl to make him sleep and she had to wait around to let that kick in. She says she gave him Zofran, I believe she gave him something-just not sure what.

If Lucas had a concussion or any other brain injury, wouldn't the nurse have noticed? She saw him throwing up several times, and while I doubt he actually went to a doctor, wouldn't the signs be obvious to the nurse? Especially since she had to have known he was being abused. He came in "looking like he's been in a fight" and throwing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member