MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I don't know if we had this already:

https://www.tctimes.com/news/local_...cle_e71bb142-ecc4-11e7-a4d9-2b58e5da74fd.html

I stopped to talk with her and she said she saw Ally jogging all the time.

 “Then she proceeds to tell me that in an area east of her house, for weeks or months, a vehicle filled with young men would park and listen to rap music really loud,” Nikki said. “Right after this happened to Ally, they disappeared. I asked if she gave the police this information and she said no, they didn’t want to get involved.
I hope you told her that she was a despicable human being.

I woke up with terrible migraine this morning, so it probably wouldn’t be a good idea for me to be driving (I’m about three hours away from Holly), meaning no pictures this weekend ... I’m so sorry!!

I have to go to Detroit some time in early June, so I will be more than happy to try again then.

I’m very disappointed myself, as I really feel that photos of the scene will help a lot in trying to figure out how the murder might have unfolded.

I think we are doing a great job trying to identifying possible motives. One thing I’m still very curious about is why LE are of the opinion that Ally likely knew her killer. Did they actually find something at the scene? Did Ally say something to the Good Samaritan or the first responders before she passed away?

One possible reason I’ve thought of is Ally told someone earlier in the day that she was meeting someone later that day but not whom, where or the exact time.

Another scenario: The perpetrator told Ally s/he wanted to return something to her that s/he had borrowed from Ally or she had inadvertently left at his/her residence, such as a book, a portable charger, a jacket, earbuds, etc. (trying to think of things my kids’ friends tend to forget to take with them after a sleepover :D).

If Ally had been avoiding this person, s/he could have even stolen something from her for the sole purpose of luring her into meeting with him/her.

If something like a book or a portable charger was recovered at the scene that someone close to Ally could confirm as belonging to her, they would know Ally wouldn’t have taken these types of items with her as she left for her run. The item would have had come from a third party, IMO.

If a jacket, and either Nikki or Franz saw her leave the house without one (besides this happened in the middle of summer), then it would have had to come from elsewhere.

If earbuds, this may also explain why Ally didn’t have her phone with her that day; Nikki may be assuming the rain was the reason for this, or she may have been told by LE not to disclose the true reason for investigative purposes. It would also be easy for LE to confirm the earbuds belonged to Ally by testing the tips for DNA.

Now time to try to catch up on some sleep ....

Im new and have never commented before but after reading this thread and hearing a lot of people say maybe she left her phone at home cause she was being harassed and didnt want to be bothered or that she was afraid of someone and moved home for that reason makes me really think. If i was afraid of someone that would make me want to bring my phone even more if i was goin for a 10 mile jog in the country. It would actually even make me not go on the jog at all! I dont think she expected this at all!

Sent from my Z851M using Tapatalk

Good point. There has been nothing said by her parents, LE or her BF (who is on here) about anyone, named or unnamed, she was concerned about or scared of. To me that would seem to make it less likely it was someone she knew. Not impossible, just less likely.

i[B said:
nmyhumbleopinion;14117575]I woke up with terrible migraine this morning, so it probably wouldn’t be a good idea for me to be driving (I’m about three hours away from Holly), meaning no pictures this weekend ... I’m so sorry!![/B]

Respectfully snipped. No need to drive there, anyone can "walk around" on Fish Lake using Google Instant view. I just went for a "walk" and was surprised to see how very rural this in. It's a country road...out in the country! Not even paved. This really gives me a much better perspective, especially since she was shot during the day. It's really leading my thinking strongly to a specific direction, but I need to mull this over more. Attached is a screen shot from my Google Instant view "walk". Encourage you all to go for an instant view walk as well.

Fish Lake .jpg

Respectfully snipped. No need to drive there, anyone can "walk around" on Fish Lake using Google Instant view. I just went for a "walk" and was surprised to see how very rural this in. It's a country road...out in the country! Not even paved. This really gives me a much better perspective, especially since she was shot during the day. It's really leading my thinking strongly to a specific direction, but I need to mull this over more. Attached is a screen shot from my Google Instant view "walk". Encourage you all to go for an instant view walk as well.

View attachment 134549

But this is not exactly the right location on Fish Lake Rd. It is not the 1000 block, but the 11000 block, or more precisely, the 11200 block.
I think it is more or less here where she collapsed:

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.759...m4!1sS-9kdwbk5O9tU89HQL46mg!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

I offered to visit the site in Holly awhile ago. Seems I live the closest of anyone following the case: I live in Oakland County, about 20 miles south of Holly. As I mentioned earlier, due to vision problems, I no longer drive on freeways or at night. Holly is directly north of me along I-75. DH will be home Friday-Monday for the upcoming holiday weekend, so maybe we can make the trip to Holly then.

Any chance this could be a case of an illegal pot farmer scaring Ally off? Surely we would have heard of this area had issues with illegal farming operations?
I’m leaning towards she was running in an area that had some covert operation going on.

Anyone else thinking about this as a possibility?
I know the boyfriend failed his polys and that is a very bad sign. Yet, it’s still not adding up for me.

I woke up with terrible migraine this morning, so it probably wouldn’t be a good idea for me to be driving (I’m about three hours away from Holly), meaning no pictures this weekend ... I’m so sorry!!

I have to go to Detroit some time in early June, so I will be more than happy to try again then.

I’m very disappointed myself, as I really feel that photos of the scene will help a lot in trying to figure out how the murder might have unfolded.

I think we are doing a great job trying to identifying possible motives. One thing I’m still very curious about is why LE are of the opinion that Ally likely knew her killer. Did they actually find something at the scene? Did Ally say something to the Good Samaritan or the first responders before she passed away?

One possible reason I’ve thought of is Ally told someone earlier in the day that she was meeting someone later that day but not whom, where or the exact time.

Another scenario: The perpetrator told Ally s/he wanted to return something to her that s/he had borrowed from Ally or she had inadvertently left at his/her residence, such as a book, a portable charger, a jacket, earbuds, etc. (trying to think of things my kids’ friends tend to forget to take with them after a sleepover :D).

If Ally had been avoiding this person, s/he could have even stolen something from her for the sole purpose of luring her into meeting with him/her.

If something like a book or a portable charger was recovered at the scene that someone close to Ally could confirm as belonging to her, they would know Ally wouldn’t have taken these types of items with her as she left for her run. The item would have had come from a third party, IMO.

If a jacket, and either Nikki or Franz saw her leave the house without one (besides this happened in the middle of summer), then it would have had to come from elsewhere.

If earbuds, this may also explain why Ally didn’t have her phone with her that day; Nikki may be assuming the rain was the reason for this, or she may have been told by LE not to disclose the true reason for investigative purposes. It would also be easy for LE to confirm the earbuds belonged to Ally by testing the tips for DNA.

Now time to try to catch up on some sleep ....
It's horrible when you can't go for a run without being shot. Did anyone know she was going for a run?

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

It's horrible when you can't go for a run without being shot. Did anyone know she was going for a run?

That’s what I asked upthread too. I keep leaning towards someone annoyed that she was running in a secluded area disturbing their peace, or getting too close to something they didn’t want her to see.

That’s what I asked upthread too. I keep leaning towards someone annoyed that she was running in a secluded area disturbing their peace, or getting too close to something they didn’t want her to see.
So, she may have been at the wrong place and at the wrong time.
Hmmmm. Scarey.

It sounded like the runners club ran this road often. One even said they were surprised they had not met Ally before given the same paths. Let me find the quote.

"Speaking for the runners’ group was Anita Harless of Holly Township. “We’re on this road every week. How did we not know her? We had to finish a run for her,” she said after the event."

https://www.tctimes.com/news/runner...cle_73dd74d2-5e58-11e6-89b2-57c51085495c.html

It sounded like the runners club ran this road often. One even said they were surprised they had not met Ally before given the same paths. Let me find the quote.

"Speaking for the runners’ group was Anita Harless of Holly Township. “We’re on this road every week. How did we not know her? We had to finish a run for her,” she said after the event."

https://www.tctimes.com/news/runner...cle_73dd74d2-5e58-11e6-89b2-57c51085495c.html
I always believe in the buddy system. Always have someone with you. Do they have any ideas of who it was.man!!!!

Hi all just wondering if we know if any of Ally's friends or relatives own a shotgun. Also the sandals guy and supposed "surveillance" - was it ever confirmed there was any surveillance?

How would footwear be visible if the person concerned is seated in a car driving along?

Regarding Ally's BF (Hi Combatmedic), and parents, have alibis ever been discussed?

Who knew Ally was jogging at that time? Did she always go at a specific time on a specific day? 10 miles is a long jog. Was it from a particular starting point that needed travel by car to the start or finish or was it a circular route from home? If it was needing car travel to start or finish, did she get dropped off to begin or was it planned for someone to pick her up at the end? Whereabouts on the run was she shot (e.g. after only 1 mile or 7 miles for example). 10 miles would take about an hour to an hour and a half so if she knew her murderer, as LE believe they had to know her jogging plans. Who would know that?

Sorry for all the questions. Only just found this thread. Being shot on a trail, bike ride or a jog is of interest to me as I am following other similar threads.

Hi all just wondering if we know if any of Ally's friends or relatives own a shotgun. Also the sandals guy and supposed "surveillance" - was it ever confirmed there was any surveillance?

How would footwear be visible if the person concerned is seated in a car driving along?

Regarding Ally's BF (Hi Combatmedic), and parents, have alibis ever been discussed?

Who knew Ally was jogging at that time? Did she always go at a specific time on a specific day? 10 miles is a long jog. Was it from a particular starting point that needed travel by car to the start or finish or was it a circular route from home? If it was needing car travel to start or finish, did she get dropped off to begin or was it planned for someone to pick her up at the end? Whereabouts on the run was she shot (e.g. after only 1 mile or 7 miles for example). 10 miles would take about an hour to an hour and a half so if she knew her murderer, as LE believe they had to know her jogging plans. Who would know that?

Sorry for all the questions. Only just found this thread. Being shot on a trail, bike ride or a jog is of interest to me as I am following other similar threads.
No, one knows specifics.

Shiressleuth, we have had very little to go on, and almost no confirmations. My undersanding is Ally left from her parents' home for her jog. The sandals/surveillance video were only mentioned in one article that spoke to a former boyfriend who had been arrested but released --- he said they had shown him a video and asked about the sandals.

Apparently she was about halfway through her run:
On July 30, 2016, Alexandra “Ally” Brueger was in the middle of her daily ten mile run when someone murdered her. It's happened on Fish Lake Road near Holly, which ...
https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-new...of-metro-detroit-nurse-murdered-while-jogging

No, one knows specifics.

I'm hoping our VI Combatmedic2121 will know some of these specifics and share them. I just listened to the 911 call and the guy said he thought she got out of a car. Has that been discussed at all?

These are all very good questions, IMO.

From an article published seven weeks after Ally’s murder:

“Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw said there was evidence at the scene that indicates Brueger likely knew her killer.

‘There are a lot of things at the crime scene that points us to that she knew who this was,’ Shaw said. ‘I can’t expand on that, but there is not enough evidence that we can rule out a random event. We think it’s someone she knew, but we can’t say for certain that she didn’t get into an incident with a vehicle in a road rage type of event, either. We have to be careful to not narrow the focus.’” (BBM)
https://www.hometownlife.com/story/...eath-mind-hunt-ally-bruegers-killer/90723630/

And Lt. Shaw’s opinion doesn’t appear to have changed since as he told Chris Hansen last week:
“‘That she had to know who her killer was. It was just too weird,’ said Lt. Shaw.

And anyone who knew Ally Brueger is considered a suspect.” (BBM)
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/03...gunned-down-while-jogging-on-rural-dirt-road/

I wish there was a way we could find out some of the reasons as to why Lt. Shaw believes Ally knew the person who killed her.

For example, did they find two sets of shoe prints near tire tracks, indicating that there was a confrontation? But that wouldn’t exclude a road-rage-type situation involving a stranger.

Also from the CWD article:
“‘We believe five shots were fired,’ said Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw.

Only one of those shots found its target.”

Did they maybe find a trail of shell casings, indicating to them that the shooter had actually chased Ally, until s/he was sure s/he “got” her? Perhaps it would be more important to someone known to Ally -even at the risk of being seen by a third party- to make sure she was mortally wounded than to a complete stranger, because if she got away, she would be able to identify the person?

If five shots were fired from a shotgun then it would have had to be reloaded twice, assuming a double barrel. Difficult to do from a car - unless it is a sawn off one (shotgun). Also cannot drive and reload a shotgun at the same time.
:cow:

Shiressleuth, we have had very little to go on, and almost no confirmations. My undersanding is Ally left from her parents' home for her jog. The sandals/surveillance video were only mentioned in one article that spoke to a former boyfriend who had been arrested but released --- he said they had shown him a video and asked about the sandals.

Apparently she was about halfway through her run:
On July 30, 2016, Alexandra “Ally” Brueger was in the middle of her daily ten mile run when someone murdered her. It's happened on Fish Lake Road near Holly, which ...
https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-new...of-metro-detroit-nurse-murdered-while-jogging
She was shot anonymously?

I honestly cannot see that someone firing a shotgun five times cares very much about peace and quiet so I think it is your last suggestion maybe or very, very personal.

I honestly cannot see that someone firing a shotgun five times cares very much about peace and quiet so I think it is your last suggestion maybe or very, very personal.
She was shot bottom line. Who could have did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member