Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anita Qvist, recently added to Namus. Missing since 1979, last in touch with family by phone in 1984.

Look VERY similar.

https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/43520
cache.php

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Wow, they look so much alike! UID even used the name Cheryl ANN Wick and the missing girls name is Anita ANNE Qvist. Anne is the scandinavian/nordic version of Ann, Qvist is a nordic name of Norwegian origin. I wonder did she first go by Anne Qvist and that become Ann Wick due to the name being so foreign to Americans/them mishearing it?

Wow, they look so much alike! UID even used the name Cheryl ANN Wick and the missing girls name is Anita ANNE Qvist. Anne is the scandinavian/nordic version of Ann, Qvist is a nordic name of Norwegian origin. I wonder did she first go by Anne Qvist and that become Ann Wick due to the name being so foreign to Americans/them mishearing it?

Interesting observation Dyakt. I was just doing some genealogy to try to find more on Anita. I won't sleuth her family by giving names but her grandparents came to the US from Finland and became naturalized citizens in the 1950's. Anita would have been 2nd generation American. You are correct that the name Qvist is not a very common one here. I was checking Anita's family history to see if there was any connection to Minnesota, where EDJD got one of her identities (As far as I can tell, they all stayed around San Francisco, CA where Anita was reported missing from). If EDJD turns out to be Anita, however, it would not surprise me if she ran away to Minnesota first. There are many Scandinavian people who immigrated to Minnesota, so she could have had some connections there. JMO.

I feel that u should submit anita anyway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I agree, Anita should be submitted. I found a yearbook pic of her from her Freshman year and posted it in her thread. I also have seen her brother's facebook profile and he looks quite similar to EDJD, imo.

Her DNA is pending, they can't do anything until it's in and complete anyways, so if it's a match, it'll hit.
I agree, Anita should be submitted. I found a yearbook pic of her from her Freshman year and posted it in her thread. I also have seen her brother's facebook profile and he looks quite similar to EDJD, imo.

Right? My heart stopped when I saw her. Even if it isn't her, it makes me really happy to see older missing cases finally being reported. Gives me hope!

It seems she really didn't want her true identity to be known, so it's likely she made up a lot of her aliases.

wow how exciting!!! They do look pretty similar, Anita was 5'8 (according to Namus) I think that's definitely close enough to say this is possible

No the Cheryl Anne Wick was an ID she stole from a girl in MN. It is pure coincidence as Anne is a very common middle name. And Qvist is a common *Finnish name.

Her DNA is pending, they can't do anything until it's in and complete anyways, so if it's a match, it'll hit

Do you have a sense of how long it will probably take until her DNA is no longer pending? Is this usually a long process?

Do you have a sense of how long it will probably take until her DNA is no longer pending? Is this usually a long process?
It varies quite a bit. I'm not sure where in the process they are, whether the sample has been taken, received or if CODIS has gotten a hold of it yet.

Espy's daughter has been waiting months now without an answer, whereas some seem to go a lot quicker. It's really hard to predict.

A lady who was added just a couple weeks ago had hers entered - tests not complete, quite quickly. We will just have to wait & see & hope for a quick turnaround!

I see an incredibly strong resemblance. I'd be surprised if this isn't a match. I hope it's not a long wait for DNA results.

It varies quite a bit. I'm not sure where in the process they are, whether the sample has been taken, received or if CODIS has gotten a hold of it yet.

Espy's daughter has been waiting months now without an answer, whereas some seem to go a lot quicker. It's really hard to predict.

A lady who was added just a couple weeks ago had hers entered - tests not complete, quite quickly. We will just have to wait & see & hope for a quick turnaround!

I really think this is her - more than I have about any other possible matches I've ever seen. Whoever found this match should phone the detective working on the EDJD case I think. She might be able to speed things up?

I really think this is her - more than I have about any other possible matches I've ever seen. Whoever found this match should phone the detective working on the EDJD case I think. She might be able to speed things up?
If anyone would like to call it in, please feel free.

It's not only the physical resemblance that makes me think of EDJD - the circumstances also seem like they would match. EDJD worked really hard to conceal her true identity, which makes me think she escaped a bad family situation. Anita must have been a runaway if she hasn't been seen by her family since the age of 15. I found an obituary for one of her siblings and it sounds like they lived a hard life. I guess we'll see what happens when Anita's DNA is complete in the system.

It's not only the physical resemblance that makes me think of EDJD - the circumstances also seem like they would match. EDJD worked really hard to conceal her true identity, which makes me think she escaped a bad family situation. Anita must have been a runaway if she hasn't been seen by her family since the age of 15. I found an obituary for one of her siblings and it sounds like they lived a hard life. I guess we'll see what happens when Anita's DNA is complete in the system.
That, and she contacted her family in 1984, the year her mother passed. She obviously didn't meet with foul play when she first disappeared what lends itself to a runaway.

I think they have a close resemblance but I can't get over how much puffier/fuller EDJD's face seems than Anita's & it doesn't seem to be explained by weight gain. Also EDJD has that long, broad chin and Anita's doesn't seem quite as broad or long. This might be the photo quality but EDJD also seems a lot paler than Anita.

That said, it's still a striking match and could definitely be called in. If any of you do decide to call please post about it here so that her agency doesn't get bombarded.

If anyone would like to call it in, please feel free.

I would but I live outside the US. If anyone has the email address for her I’m happy to email her?

I would but I live outside the US. If anyone has the email address for her I’m happy to email her?

Ok, I couldn't stand it! I've submitted Anita Qvist her to Namus and copied in Det Cathy Phillips (although I got a bounceback saying her inbox is full so forwarded to the general ED PD email address).

Full credit to @Two for the Road and the rest of you for this find.

Ok, I couldn't stand it! I've submitted Anita Qvist her to Namus and copied in Det Cathy Phillips (although I got a bounceback saying her inbox is full so forwarded to the general ED PD email address).

Full credit to @Two for the Road and the rest of you for this find.
Yeah, I'm outside the US as well which is why I posted here in case anyone else wanted to call it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member