Welcome To Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you find new cases to follow if only a forums page and a watched thread pages exists. I used to click which forums I wanted to subscribe to and could always unsubscribe from specific sub threads. I don’t know how to follow new stories because I can only see a large list of the forums which doesn’t show recent posts or my watches threads, which only has posts on the stories I follow but already know about. Thank you.

Here

Recent Posts | Websleuths

How do you find new cases to follow if only a forums page and a watched thread pages exists. I used to click which forums I wanted to subscribe to and could always unsubscribe from specific sub threads. I don’t know how to follow new stories because I can only see a large list of the forums which doesn’t show recent posts or my watches threads, which only has posts on the stories I follow but already know about. Thank you.

I'm not clear on what exactly you are asking but try clicking on "New Posts" on the black bar at the top. That should give you all the recent threads people have commented on or new created threads and you can go to the ones that look interesting to you to select "watch thread".

I'm not clear on what exactly you are asking but try clicking on "New Posts" on the black bar at the top. That should give you all the recent threads people have commented on or new created threads and you can go to the ones that look interesting to you to select "watch thread".
thank you. I was not sure if it was "new posts" based on my watch threads or in general all new posts.

Oopsie!!! Well just used the Edited option. I meant the "Watched Forums". I don't seem to be able to add anything to the "watched forums" as I cannot locate the option to add on top right hand side. Thank you.
If you are talking about all the various cases (threads) that you follow, you want to click on "watched threads". When a thread closes and a new thread opens, just click on "watch thread" at the top right of the screen and it will be added.

That's if I understand what you are trying to do correctly.

Oopsie!!! Well just used the Edited option. I meant the "Watched Forums". I don't seem to be able to add anything to the "watched forums" as I cannot locate the option to add on top right hand side. Thank you.

Katharine, are you on a PC? Mac? Phone? Tablet?

There are 122 robots on the site along with 126 members and 449 guests :eek: who are the robots?

Google and such, reading the pages.

ETA: It's how they obtain information.

I.E, one is "Google Adsense". Obtaining information about which adverts to show you. But there are more interesting robots like government robots too. (My DH is in IT, I feel like I have a second job with him going on LOL) (AI: Artificial intelligence. - Honestly, it creeps me out! Computers have far too much power!)

thank you. I was not sure if it was "new posts" based on my watch threads or in general all new posts.

It's all the new posts for the board. Your watched threads are under "watched threads". One thing that is a bit confusing at first is once you read a thread with a new post it disappears from the active watched thread list. But you can view all your watched threads again even the ones with no new posts by clicking down at the bottom orange bar from your watched thread list-- there is orange writing on the orange bar that says "Show all watched threads".

Question for anyone who might be able to help: My status message - "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night" - was cut off during the move. I was able to crop the BD stamp image with no problem, but the status message won't change no matter what I've done. I either want the entire quote there or nothing at all. I've gone to Personal Details - Status Message - retyped message in full, and Saved Changes, but nothing happens. Can anyone help?

Question for anyone who might be able to help: My status message - "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night" - was cut off during the move. I was able to crop the BD stamp image with no problem, but the status message won't change no matter what I've done. I either want the entire quote there or nothing at all. I've gone to Personal Details - Status Message - retyped message in full, and Saved Changes, but nothing happens. Can anyone help?

Hi BD, when I was Beta testing, I asked about this and was told that members (i.e. not mods etc) do not get to have the custom user titles. But, at the time, I did, so I asked how to remove it, I'm not sure there was a resolution to it before the new site went live, so I'll alert this for you and see what comes back.

Cool.....Neat option New Posts. I gandered a peek. Thank you!

ETA. Corrected autocorrect.

Google and such, reading the pages.

ETA: It's how they obtain information.

I.E, one is "Google Adsense". Obtaining information about which adverts to show you. But there are more interesting robots like government robots too. (My DH is in IT, I feel like I have a second job with him going on LOL) (AI: Artificial intelligence. - Honestly, it creeps me out! Computers have far too much power!)

Ah Ha. So the "adsense" is how we see advertisements for products that we happened to had either purchased before or were just googling about a particular thing. I wondered how the ads seem to have a mind reading feature and knew I had some interest about the particular product.

Well I did a huge mistake ... I marked all the watched threads as "read" ... and now it says I am not watching any. All my cases I was following are gone. :confused: Sob, sob ... waah

ETA
However ... I can still find them in My Content (under my name in the orange bar, preferences, etc). Whew :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500