Welcome To Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm reading these posts asking for tech help and I feel like I am either going to cry and never stop or I will gather up amazing strength and put on my geeky pants and shirt made of steel and go straight ahead and tackle these problems with a vengeance.

Crying is winning big time. LOL

As for as "reported posts" no one should see reported posts except Websleuths Management. Could someone people explain in one post what is going on and I'll see if I can stop crying long enough to help you fix it?

Tricia
Some users like Spellz and Ana are seeing reported posts in their history. Other users, like me and ima are not - so it’s not across the board but some users have some permissions they did not previously have

Some users like Spellz and Ana are seeing reported posts in their history. Other users, like me and ima are not - so it’s not across the board but some users have some permissions they did not previously have
I might as well throw this out there. When it rains, it pours you know. So let’s get through this all while it’s raining and ride out the storm.
But... I have access to moderator access on my conversations and transferred over pms. I think it may just be a term that shows up and probably doesn’t mean anything. Don’t worry anyone, I can only see mine.

I had the same problem and couldn't get it to go away even by using the undo arrow. It finally went away after about 30 minutes.
The undo button didn't work for me either, it pretended to but when I refreshed the page my unwanted post reappeared. I then tried the button to the left of the undo button - 3rd in from right end - hover your mouse over it and it says drafts - when you click on it there are 2 options, save draft and delete draft. When I clicked delete draft it worked but I can't guarantee that is the correct way of deleting a post or if it will work again next time, it may have just been chance because I tried clicking all the buttons. LOL, sometimes it sounds like we all have different versions of the site :D

So, I'm reading these posts asking for tech help and I feel like I am either going to cry and never stop or I will gather up amazing strength and put on my geeky pants and shirt made of steel and go straight ahead and tackle these problems with a vengeance.

Crying is winning big time. LOL

As for as "reported posts" no one should see reported posts except Websleuths Management. Could someone people explain in one post what is going on and I'll see if I can stop crying long enough to help you fix it?

Tricia

About the "Reported by ___" in my history, see this post above for a screenshot of one of them: Welcome To Websleuths

I can't read the posts, they are just in my history list--- and there are a lot of them! I can give you a better screenshot in a "conversation" if you want --- I don't want to show posters names here.

The undo button didn't work for me either, it pretended to but when I refreshed the page my unwanted post reappeared. I then tried the button to the left of the undo button - 3rd in from right end - hover your mouse over it and it says drafts - when you click on it there are 2 options, save draft and delete draft. When I clicked delete draft it worked but I can't guarantee that is the correct way of deleting a post or if it will work again next time, it may have just been chance because I tried clicking all the buttons. LOL, sometimes it sounds like we all have different versions of the site :D
There are definitely some complications with this issue. It’s possible to get around it but it’s an unnecessary problem, one which is going to be easily fixable. Go Super Dave. I’m sure he has his cape on this very minute.

With a major overhaul like this I consider this a major SUCCESS.
We are up and running and posting and communicating with each other. We are navigating around fine. Im a HAPPY camper. :)

All the other things are mostly minor things that can be prioritized and fixed whenever they are able to get to them.

With a major overhaul like this I consider this a major SUCCESS.
We are up and running and posting and communicating with each other. We are navigating around fine. Im a HAPPY camper. :)

All the other things are mostly minor things that can be prioritized and fixed whenever they are able to get to them.
This! It hasn’t even been 72 hours and we are all posting away without major issues. It has definitely been a major success!

I am looking into both issues
1 - reported posts links being visible
2 - moderator area in conversations

I am paying attention and will be taking care of a lot more issues I have read in this thread. Some will take time and may not get completed as fast as you would like but I promise it will be much better.

I am paying attention and will be taking care of a lot more issues I have read in this thread. Some will take time and may not get completed as fast as you would like but I promise it will be much better.

We all appreciate your time and effort. Job well done!!!

Our hero! We knew you'd be on the run. Thanks for everything, and for your patience.

Can somebody check history and let me know if the problem still exists.

The " Reported by" still shows in my history

Mine, too. But, as Spell explained, we don't have actual access to the report (no permission) - it's just the links that are appearing on our History page. IOW if I click on the reported post link, it takes me to an error page that says this:

Websleuths - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

When will it be able to work on Tapatalk? I am not sure if I like the new change 100% . Going to need a feel for it. Wish I could on here through tapatalk tho lol

When will it be able to work on Tapatalk? I am not sure if I like the new change 100% . Going to need a feel for it. Wish I could on here through tapatalk tho lol
I was under the impression it would no longer work on Tapatalk? I thought I’d struggle as I’ve always used tapatalk but I’m doing ok after playing around for a couple of hours.

Is history the same as recent activity?
ETA. Never mind. I found where history is on the board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member