Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first time I seen Anitas picture I thought this is it...it's her. What stuck out to me is that Anita was a Jr. High Journalist and EDJD kept a journal/diary which was speculated in the past to sound as if a young girl wrote it. #2 Gail had to go to her grandmothers in Fresno. We debated if she meant Fresno Tx or Fresno Ca. California fits in this scenario. #3 The Oakland Raiders shirt. ETA #4 The eyebrow imo

Last edited:
Anxiously awaiting news...this has been my pet case for years. My family is Dutch and we are all tall, long faces, bold chins, blonde haired/blue eyes. I always felt her heritage was close to mine..bc she looks so similar to many relatives. Interesting that Anita is from Scandinavian decent.

I think they have a close resemblance but I can't get over how much puffier/fuller EDJD's face seems than Anita's & it doesn't seem to be explained by weight gain. Also EDJD has that long, broad chin and Anita's doesn't seem quite as broad or long. This might be the photo quality but EDJD also seems a lot paler than Anita.

That said, it's still a striking match and could definitely be called in. If any of you do decide to call please post about it here so that her agency doesn't get bombarded.

RBBM, this is MOO but alcohol abuse causes that facial puffiness you mention. Just remember Anita is 13 in those pictures, IF this is her she'd be 28 years old and in those "missing years" she may have done drugs, etc.

Consider this, her high school photo next to EDJD... Now, with getting beaten and broken noses, etc it changes her face shape some, add to that the possible substance abuse history. To me, that could account for the changes.

Attachments

• PicsArt_05-21-04.28.41.png
    PicsArt_05-21-04.28.41.png
    789.4 KB · Views: 140
Has anyone gotten a response from EDJD's agency about Anita?
Nothing from Namus. The inboxes for both the Eldorado PD bounced back as full. I saw on Facebook that a bunch of people all submitted her around the same time so I’m not concerned about the lack of response from Namus - I’m sure they’re totally aware of it and hopefully passing it on to the right people.

Wow, they look so much alike! UID even used the name Cheryl ANN Wick and the missing girls name is Anita ANNE Qvist. Anne is the scandinavian/nordic version of Ann, Qvist is a nordic name of Norwegian origin. I wonder did she first go by Anne Qvist and that become Ann Wick due to the name being so foreign to Americans/them mishearing it?

May I just add, the surname 'Qvist' originally would be a nickname for someone lean and tall, meaning Twig or Wick. A suggestion from a Dutch speaker, as apparently this is where the surname came from.

May I just add, the surname 'Qvist' originally would be a nickname for someone lean and tall, meaning Twig or Wick. A suggestion from a Dutch speaker, as apparently this is where the surname came from.

Again, she didn't choose the name on her own, it was an identity she stole from a woman in MN. I doubt she would steal it just because it sounds Scandinavian, considering she was vehement about erasing her past, i dont think she would cling to that ID for that reason. I think it was more of a convenience than anything. They worked together and then they didn't.

The resemblance between Anita Qvist and El Dorado Jane Doe is striking. I have trouble thinking they will not be a match.
I have followed this case for a long time. I thought I would feel happy when El Dorado Jane Doe finally got her name back. Instead, I feel so sad. I look at those beautiful pictures of Anita Qvist, smiling and I feel heartbroken for her family. Maybe its not a match; but, it sure seems like it is. There are pictures of El Dorado Jane Doe online that show that same smile and light I see in Anita Qvist photos. I hope if it is a match, these pictures can give her family some comfort knowing that no matter how her journey she ended up on in life there was light and happiness along the path.

mjak

Again, she didn't choose the name on her own, it was an identity she stole from a woman in MN. I doubt she would steal it just because it sounds Scandinavian, considering she was vehement about erasing her past, i dont think she would cling to that ID for that reason. I think it was more of a convenience than anything. They worked together and then they didn't.
Qvist is her name, not an alias. I think they were just mentioning a random fact about Anita's surname. But Qvist wasn't a stolen identity.

The resemblance between Anita Qvist and El Dorado Jane Doe is striking. I have trouble thinking they will not be a match.
I have followed this case for a long time. I thought I would feel happy when El Dorado Jane Doe finally got her name back. Instead, I feel so sad. I look at those beautiful pictures of Anita Qvist, smiling and I feel heartbroken for her family. Maybe its not a match; but, it sure seems like it is. There are pictures of El Dorado Jane Doe online that show that same smile and light I see in Anita Qvist photos. I hope if it is a match, these pictures can give her family some comfort knowing that no matter how her journey she ended up on in life there was light and happiness along the path.

mjak
The jaw and chin are visibly different, but like someone mentioned before the face gets 'fuller' due to excessive alcohol consumption.

I think EDJDs jaw and chin look different in her pictures. In the pics of her in the white blouse her chin looks pointed and in the other pics her chin and jaw line looks more square -ish

Qvist is her name, not an alias. I think they were just mentioning a random fact about Anita's surname. But Qvist wasn't a stolen identity.

But the post was alluding to the fact that Qvist meant Wick, as in the identity Cheryl Ann Wick was chosen by EDJD because Qvist = Wick. My post meant that she wouldn't choose an identity so close to the one she desperately tried to shed. It was just chosen for convenience...

But the post was alluding to the fact that Qvist meant Wick, as in the identity Cheryl Ann Wick was chosen by EDJD because Qvist = Wick. My post meant that she wouldn't choose an identity so close to the one she desperately tried to shed. It was just chosen for convenience...

I’m confused... maybe I missed some posts.

This is the comparison that makes me believe this is a match:
Does the teenaget have visibly assymetrical jaw or is it just the photo?
I will have a look at other photos of Jane doe but I don't recall seeing this assymetrical on her.
I don't believe such feature would go as the girl aged.

if what I am looking at is correct the parents seem to have passed away one in 94 , does anyone know who reported Anita?

I will have a look at other photos of Jane doe but I don't recall seeing this assymetrical on her.

I think it's probably the photo.

I absolutely see it too. I checked all available pictures of Anita and see the lack of symmetry in her jaw line in each photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305