Identified! Tx - Galveston, Hispmale 'little Jacob' Up17178, 3-5, Jayden Alexander Lopez, Oct'17 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Although someone pointed out that I had conflated two awful issues that are happening at the same time. The 1500 missing came here as unaccompanied minors. That doesn't make it any better to me.

Nonetheless, it’s still shocking that even one of those minors was released into the custody of child traffickers, KO.

Nonetheless, it’s still shocking that even one of those minors was released into the custody of child traffickers, KO.
Agree completely. I am trying to find out if any of these kids have been reported as missing. Right now, it doesn't seem like they have. If they haven't, i think we really need to pressure the government to do so.

Agree completely. I am trying to find out if any of these kids have been reported as missing. Right now, it doesn't seem like they have. If they haven't, i think we really need to pressure the government to do so.

Another WSer has started a thread irt these children here:

Trafficking Of Migrant Children?

Have there been any reports from LE of any testing done on Jacob, like isotope tests to see if they can work out in which area he's likely to have lived?

As for the 'missing' children from the illegal immigration, I would hope they have at least got photographs and other identification data. Maybe that data should be shared with Namus or an organization like that so that any UIDs can be compared with the list and the date of arrival.

I'm sure that the ORR has that information since they have been able to figure out how many they have lost. I also thought that their information should be shared with Namus, but it's been pointed out that if the children have gone underground out of fear, then that could place them in more danger. Right now, I think it might make sense to ask the other agencies who are involved in Jacobs case (FBI, etc.) To contact the ORR and ask them if they match.

I'm sure that the ORR has that information since they have been able to figure out how many they have lost. I also thought that their information should be shared with Namus, but it's been pointed out that if the children have gone underground out of fear, then that could place them in more danger. Right now, I think it might make sense to ask the other agencies who are involved in Jacobs case (FBI, etc.) To contact the ORR and ask them if they match.

That seems like a sensible option. Many of the unaccompanied minors are young teens who are fleeing gang violence or enforced sexual servitude in their home country. So awful that they came here in hope and then got turned over to the same kinds of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer