Change Forum Colours?

is there a way to change from orange/black with blue font? it's really difficult to look at

The orange color look nicely with your avatar. :)

The blue color is the same shade of blue Facebook uses.

Maybe orange is the owner's favorite color.

Black letters are typically the most often selected color due to ease of readability. Black ink goes back further than the mid-1800s when Monks wrote their chants on paper.

Happy! Happy! Websleuths has reopened!

The orange color look nicely with your avatar. :)

The blue color is the same shade of blue Facebook uses.

Maybe orange is the owner's favorite color.

Black letters are typically the most often selected color due to ease of readability. Black ink goes back further than the mid-1800s when Monks wrote their chants on paper.

Happy! Happy! Websleuths has reopened!
that's another thing I haven't figured out is how to change my avatar and yes, my eyes prefer black font

I love the new forum, very up-to-date new features. But I definitely gasped at the colour choice! It would be nice if they can make different colour themes to pick from, it's not an uncommon forum feature and everyone would win.

I have a dark theme with purple accents skin for this forum, though I am not sure if the mods are open to installing them. There is a plugin they can enable to allow switching styles so everyone can choose what they want. There are several nice free skins out there that can be used.

In the meantime, you can install the stylebot chrome extension and load up this style if you prefer. This changes it on your computer only. Please note I did not create this, so it may have small problems, but I'll update the thread when/if I get hold of any updates and you're keen.
Stylebot: Stylebot

Once installed click on the CSS icon, click Options, then Backup > Import styles and import the file inside this zip:
https://file.io/qq75Ks

(For anyone that is paranoid, this is the styling language only - no scripts or creepy codes are executed)

Last edited:
@Vail, do you know if I can do this on an iPad? Is there an app maybe? Thanks

@Vail, do you know if I can do this on an iPad? Is there an app maybe? Thanks
It only works with a Chrome extension as far as I know, but it should still work fine on a Mac if you're willing to use the Chrome browser.

thanks Vail. that's what I thought -- it only works on a PC. no luck with iPad colors. sighhhhs

I love the new forum, very up-to-date new features. But I definitely gasped at the colour choice! It would be nice if they can make different colour themes to pick from, it's not an uncommon forum feature and everyone would win.

What new, up to date features? Every time I turn around something else is gone. No more quotes in email notifications, search post is gone, so is sorting by 100 posts per page, plus the orange is ugly. I do not go to another place because they use this software, give me back the old. If it wasn't broken why change it?

Unfortunately, the old program was broke and couod not continually be "patched" up; Just like our crummy roads here, patching only lasts so many times and the holes keep returning. It was time to be replaced.

Like you, I do not like the orange colors and do not expect to ever be able to see the orange text. The text issue has nothing to do with like or dislike. I have brand new eyeglasses and still cannot pick up orange text --- even with enlarging the screen, it is still difficult. But I just don't stick around as long as I did a few weeks ago because of it. I do have a concern it may affect how many new posters we might get or if the current members will slack off on time spent here.

@WS Admin is it possible to have at least two theme choices in our preferences, perhaps one similar to the blues we had at the old site?

Other than that, I am pretty confident I will adjust to the changes here. It sort of reminds me of the last car we bought ... too many "bells and whistles" I may never use ... but I sure got used to the heated seats in winter.

I've been avoiding the site ever since the change due to me both being active during the night making the orange and white brighter and the fact I have a propensity for light triggered migraines. I hope they add a greyed option, or maybe a blue or green since I think the lighter color is whats straining my eyes most.

Yes Byte. I have been able to pinpoint the orange color as my main source of problems. My eyes are drawn to it and it seems to overtake all the rest. Apparentky it does something to others, as well, but not everyone.

Must be hard to plesse everybody, but I do find this hurtful in my situation (to my eyes, not my feelings)

This orange makes me squint! It is uncomfortable to read and all blurs together quickly.

I have to pick and choose what to read. It is impossible to stay on long and read all subjects that interest me.

Please get rid of it. I never compared the old blue to Facebook. In my opinion, they were totally different and I didn’t see a comparison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back