MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Family, friends mourn slain jogger

Candice Williams and James David Dickson, The Detroit News 6:41 a.m. EDT August 2, 2016

Rose Township — Days after police said Alexandra Nicolette Brueger was fatally shot during her daily jog, family and friends are struggling to comprehend their loss.

“I’ll never understand who would want to take her life,” Sameera Buzo said in a Facebook post dedicated to her friend and former colleague.

Brueger, 31, was a registered nurse at Providence Park Hospital in Novi, according to friends and family.

“Alex was the happiest, wittiest, and kindest person I’ve ever had the privilege of knowing,” Buzo wrote. “She made the grueling night shifts bearable with her amazing sense of humor.” ...

Family, friends mourn slain jogger

Verified Insider:

Combatmedic2121

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Mystery surrounds Oakland County jogger's shooting death

Ally Brueger, 31, was shot while running along road in Rose Township

By Priya Mann - Reporter

Posted: 5:33 PM, August 01, 2016
Updated: 5:50 PM, August 01, 2016

ROSE TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Ally Brueger was jogging Saturday afternoon along a gravel road in Oakland County when she was shot and killed.

Neighbors in the tight-knit community of Holly Township describe Brueger as a young woman with a passion for life. She died doing something she loved.

"Oh my gosh, this girl was a religious runner," said Thais Peck, a family friend.

Brueger, 31, ran the same 10-mile route each day. Neighbors said they usually saw her jogging with headphones on. She was focused on the run.

"She just minded her own business. She had her blinders on, and she would run every day, never missing a day," said Peck...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...rrounds-oakland-county-joggers-shooting-death

Officials ID woman shot while jogging in Rose Township, seek tips on car seen during incident

By John Turk, The Oakland Press

Posted: 08/01/16, 11:00 AM EDT | Updated: 43 secs ago

Michigan State Police have identified a woman shot to death while jogging in Rose Township as the investigation into the slaying continues.

Alexandra Nicolette Brueger, 31, of Holly Township, was found just after 2:30 p.m. Saturday, July 30, on the front lawn of a home in the 11000 block of Fish Lake Road.

Brueger had been shot four times in the back by an unknown person, state troopers said...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...ownship-seek-tips-on-car-seen-during-incident

Jogger shot dead on Michigan road; police say sedan may be clue

By Fox 2 Detroit
Published August 01, 2016

Authorities are continuing to investigate after a female jogger was found shot to death on the side of the road in Rose Township, Michigan.

The 31-year-old's body was found Saturday on the front lawn of a home just after 2 p.m. State police Lt. Mike Shaw says it's possible that the woman, who has been identified as Alexandra Brueger, was familiar with the shooter.

Shaw says Brueger's relatives said she regularly ran on Fish Lake Road. He says investigators are trying to determine if there's someone she "might have been having some kind of difficulties with." ...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/0...chigan-road-police-say-sedan-may-be-clue.html

Woman killed in Rose was a nurse in Novi

Philip Allmen, pallmen@hometownlife.com 5:52 p.m. EDT August 1, 2016

The parents of a 31-year-old Holly woman killed Saturday in norther Oakland County set up a ******** account Monday, asking for assistance in funeral costs.

The woman, Ally Brueger, was a registered nurse at Providence Park Hospital in Novi, according to her parents on the ******** page.

“Ally was our beloved, only child. She was kind, thoughtful, considerate,” her father Franz Brueger wrote on the page. “She had a witty sense of humor but she was also a very serious-minded individual.”

He wrote that she was working on her master’s degree in creative writing...

http://www.hometownlife.com/story/news/local/2016/08/01/woman-killed-rose-nurse-novi/87930110/

Alexandra Nicolette Brueger 1984 - 2016

Brueger, Alexandra Nicolette November 9, 1984 July 30, 2016 Ally was our beloved, only child. She was kind, thoughtful, considerate. She had a witty sense of humor, but she was also a very serious-minded individual. She was an RN at Providence Park Hospital in Novi, Michigan. She was working on her master degree in creative writing which she would have achieved in April 2017 because writing was her passion, nursing was her profession. She graduated with high honors in all of her higher education degrees...

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/th...ra-nicolette-brueger&pid=180973457&fhid=17376

Ally Brueger, 31, was shot while running along road in Rose Township

By Priya Mann - Reporter

Posted: 5:33 PM, August 01, 2016
Updated: 5:50 PM, August 01, 2016

ROSE TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Ally Brueger was jogging Saturday afternoon along a gravel road in Oakland County when she was shot and killed.

Neighbors in the tight-knit community of Holly Township describe Brueger as a young woman with a passion for life. She died doing something she loved.

"Oh my gosh, this girl was a religious runner," said Thais Peck, a family friend.

Brueger, 31, ran the same 10-mile route each day. Neighbors said they usually saw her jogging with headphones on. She was focused on the run.

"She just minded her own business. She had her blinders on, and she would run every day, never missing a day," said Peck...

Sometimes inconvenient to cite a "family friend".

I have been looking at murders on trails/joggers and I have not yet found one that was by someone known to the victim. So if this killer was someone known to Ally as police believe, it seems it is unusual.

I am focusing on potential Perps who are *not* known to the victim. The last thread speculated on Perps that the victim knew. None of the speculated Perps resonated with me, and I am continuing to look at other possibilities. In particular, businesses along, or immediately off of Fish Lake. Lots to review there....

I am focusing on potential Perps who are *not* known to the victim. The last thread speculated on Perps that the victim knew. None of the speculated Perps resonated with me, and I am continuing to look at other possibilities. In particular, businesses along, or immediately off of Fish Lake. Lots to review there....

Fish Lake Road is strictly rural, dirt road. Doubt there are "businesses" there.

Macomb County (MI) case: GUILTY - MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

I have been looking at murders on trails/joggers and I have not yet found one that was by someone known to the victim. So if this killer was someone known to Ally as police believe, it seems it is unusual.

Good point. Now that I think about it most of the jogger cases that come to my mind involve strangers as the killers.

They are difficult to find. Here's one case (the murder of Cynthia Langrall) where the victim was shot and killed while jogging by someone she knew.

Man who killed jogger plotted to harm victim's husband

Monstrous Acts

I wasn't able to load the link by liltexans so found another link. There doesn't seem to be a WS thread.

This also highlights a possible motive of revenge against the parents of Ally, as some posters have mentioned - by killing their only daughter.

:moo:
:cow:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads