Welcome To Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a good time to remind everyone about privacy.

All anyone has to do to read the private forums is register. Our registration is automatic so anyone, at any time, as long as they have a current email, can register.

If there is something you want to keep private I would suggest NEVER putting it on the Internet. That is the best way to protect yourself.

The private forums are still a good idea because being private does keep out the visitor who never registers. We have more "visitors" than users on each day. The visitors can't see the private forums.

I think it is very important for members to know that anyone viewing the forum can click on a username and see details on profile pages unless the member has set limits in their privacy settings.

If you want only members viewing that information then set 'View your details on your profile page' to 'Members only'.

Just curious: under the old forum, if a post was modsnipped, there was a note why it was modsnipped. I found it helpful to know if something was cut because no link was supplied or was rumor, etc. it was a good learning tool. I came across a snipped post with no reason. Will we no longer be given the reason? Not a big deal, I suppose.

Just curious: under the old forum, if a post was modsnipped, there was a note why it was modsnipped. I found it helpful to know if something was cut because no link was supplied or was rumor, etc. it was a good learning tool. I came across a snipped post with no reason. Will we no longer be given the reason? Not a big deal, I suppose.
If I am not mistaken we can make an edit and have posted why it was edited. However, let me double check. We also have the ability to send you a warning right from the post itself whereas before we would have to copy and past and go into the private messages and on and on. This way it is a couple of clicks and you have your warning. I'll double check.

YESorNO shared a link to lots of smileys. just copy and paste them here: smileys emoticons | Emoticoner.com | Page 2
Oh, awesome. Testing:
coke-smiley.gif

If I am not mistaken we can make an edit and have posted why it was edited. However, let me double check. We also have the ability to send you a warning right from the post itself whereas before we would have to copy and past and go into the private messages and on and on. This way it is a couple of clicks and you have your warning. I'll double check.
Oh, okay. In the case of the post I mentioned earlier, I wasn’t the poster. Perhaps the person who posted will see the reason and the rest of us won’t? Again, not a big deal... I just prefer to learn from other people’s mistakes rather than make them myself.

How do you view the latest posts first in a thread?

Edited: never mind. I misunderstood your question.

I find the View First Unread button at the top helpful. Not necessarily the latest, but it picks up where you last left off. Otherwise I skip to the last

I don’t see the option for ‘go to full site’. Is that because it’s no longer relative?

I find the View First Unread button at the top helpful. Not necessarily the latest, but it picks up where you last left off. Otherwise I skip to the last

I have yet to find that. It was on my previous but it’s missing here. So I resorted to going to the last numbered page and it’s still a maze.

I think it is very important for members to know that anyone viewing the forum can click on a username and see details on profile pages unless the member has set limits in their privacy settings.

If you want only members viewing that information then set 'View your details on your profile page' to 'Members only'.

Does that include those pesky Robots. I'm off to do my privacy setting. Thanks for heads up. Anything else of great importance I need to know???

ETA: meaning that Robots do not identify themselves lol.

Last edited:

me

What page type specifically are you on in your above reference ‘button at the top’? I’m asking because I no longer have that option in plain sight.

Oh, awesome. Testing:
coke-smiley.gif
Hey everyone. This is OK to do but remember this is a third party site. The people running this site could take it down any time and your smilies will be gone and replaced with some sort of error.

Everyone, please have fun tonight, everyone Wang Chung tonight.

Thank you,
Tricia

Look at the top of your page @lonetraveler @Gooddeeds where the page numbers are listed. It won't take you to the newest post but it will take you to your first unread post.
See below where it shows "40" as being the last page and then it says, "Go to First Unread". That is as close as you will get to latest post I believe
upload_2018-5-29_22-13-3.png

Testing to see if the emojis built in on my computer will work.

Guess that's a no:)

Testing different built in emojis ⇒⟹◉❖♤♧♡✂︎✏️❤️

Testing some more ✂️☑️♦️️‍☎️

⚽️‍♀️⭐☂️

So, it seems some work, some don't. These are from a Mac

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online