Trafficking Of Migrant Children?

I have been pushing to get people to ask their Reps to make sure the children who are missing get added to the NCMEC and or Namus. I think it's possible some of them have been reported missing, or found as UID's. I am working on compiling a list of potential cases in both categories and will share as soon as I have some time to compile them.

Yay! Can I help ? How are you getting info?

Going through namus first doing demographic searches for the past 4 years for Hispanic people, under the age of 18, then I read the circumstances. Will get a big list, then weed them down to the most likely candidates.

Recently read about the HHS report of almost 1500 children "lost" in the system after being taken from their parents after they were arrested for attempted illegal immigration. It is also thought that some of them have ended up with child traffickers.

Anyone have any clue if there is any way to watch/look for these children? Or are they just gone due to being undocumented??

The children were unaccompanied minors that crossed the border alone. They were not taken from their parents after they were arrested for illegal immigration.

Here's the original April article -

Federal Agencies Lost Track of Nearly 1,500 Migrant Children Placed With Sponsors

The official, Steven Wagner, the acting assistant secretary of the agency’s Administration for Children and Families, disclosed during testimony before a Senate homeland security subcommittee that the agency had learned of the missing children after placing calls to the people who took responsibility for them when they were released from government custody.

The children were taken into government care after they showed up alone at the Southwest border. Most of the children are from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala, and were fleeing drug cartels, gang violence and domestic abuse, government data shows.

The children were unaccompanied minors that crossed the border alone. They were not taken from their parents after they were arrested for illegal immigration.

Here's the original April article -

Federal Agencies Lost Track of Nearly 1,500 Migrant Children Placed With Sponsors

The official, Steven Wagner, the acting assistant secretary of the agency’s Administration for Children and Families, disclosed during testimony before a Senate homeland security subcommittee that the agency had learned of the missing children after placing calls to the people who took responsibility for them when they were released from government custody.

The children were taken into government care after they showed up alone at the Southwest border. Most of the children are from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala, and were fleeing drug cartels, gang violence and domestic abuse, government data shows.

Absolutely correct that many are unaccompanied, but some are with parents, like in the other article I posted about the dad who had his toddler taken for three months

I will amend the original posting-

Okay I'm not seeing where I can edit the original post? But at least the correction is in the thread

Last edited:
Regardless of the circumstances behind what happened (which are of course important), we need to keep the lost kids in mind. Whatever they had faced in their home countries isn't particularly relevant. What matters most is that there were 1500 kids who were lost.

Did the federal government really lose track of almost 1,500 immigrant children?:

"These children are not 'lost;' their sponsors—who are usually parents or family members and in all cases have been vetted for criminality and ability to provide for them—simply did not respond or could not be reached when this voluntary call was made," Hargan's statement said. "While there are many possible reasons for this, in many cases sponsors cannot be reached because they themselves are illegal aliens and do not want to be reached by federal authorities. This is the core of this issue: In many cases, HHS has been put in the position of placing illegal aliens with the individuals who helped arrange for them to enter the country illegally. This makes the immediate crisis worse and creates a perverse incentive for further violation of federal immigration law."

But that was far from the only controversy about immigrant children this week. Some liberal activists incorrectly tweeted photos of young-looking immigrants at the U.S.-Mexico border in steel cages and blamed the current administration's policy of separating children from their parents. Mr. Trump seized on that error.

The photos were taken by The Associated Press in 2014, when President Barack Obama was in office. The photo captions reference children who crossed the border as unaccompanied minors.

Did the federal government really lose track of almost 1,500 immigrant children?:

"These children are not 'lost;' their sponsors—who are usually parents or family members and in all cases have been vetted for criminality and ability to provide for them—simply did not respond or could not be reached when this voluntary call was made," Hargan's statement said. "While there are many possible reasons for this, in many cases sponsors cannot be reached because they themselves are illegal aliens and do not want to be reached by federal authorities. This is the core of this issue: In many cases, HHS has been put in the position of placing illegal aliens with the individuals who helped arrange for them to enter the country illegally. This makes the immediate crisis worse and creates a perverse incentive for further violation of federal immigration law."

But that was far from the only controversy about immigrant children this week. Some liberal activists incorrectly tweeted photos of young-looking immigrants at the U.S.-Mexico border in steel cages and blamed the current administration's policy of separating children from their parents. Mr. Trump seized on that error.

The photos were taken by The Associated Press in 2014, when President Barack Obama was in office. The photo captions reference children who crossed the border as unaccompanied minors.

You know for a fact that all of these children are simply hiding and undocumented? You have empirical evidence of this?

You're comments seem to be sliding into political commentary, which simply will not be tolerated

You either care about kids regardless of status, or you don't. If it's the latter, this is not the thread for you

You know for a fact that all of these children are simply hiding and undocumented? You have empirical evidence of this?

You're comments seem to be sliding into political commentary, which simply will not be tolerated

You either care about kids regardless of status, or you don't. If it's the latter, this is not the thread for you

I linked a MSM article. Those are not my comments. However it is political in my opinion.

Reports that hundreds of undocumented children are "lost" are "completely false," an HHS official says

On Monday, HHS Deputy Secretary Eric Hargan sought to clear the air, claiming in a statementthat the children are not missing—rather, their sponsors simply have not responded to follow-up calls made by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR,) the department overseeing the care of unaccompanied children.

The HHS deputy secretary said the ORR began "voluntarily" making calls in 2016 as a 30-day follow-up on the release of unaccompanied minors to ensure that their sponsors did not require additional services or support.

"This additional step, which is not required and was not done previously, is now being used to confuse and spread misinformation," Hargan said.

Hargan said he believed the backlash the agency has received in the wake of April's revelation is a "classic example of the adage 'No good deed goes unpunished.'"

Reports that hundreds of undocumented children are "lost" are "completely false," an HHS official says

On Monday, HHS Deputy Secretary Eric Hargan sought to clear the air, claiming in a statementthat the children are not missing—rather, their sponsors simply have not responded to follow-up calls made by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR,) the department overseeing the care of unaccompanied children.

The HHS deputy secretary said the ORR began "voluntarily" making calls in 2016 as a 30-day follow-up on the release of unaccompanied minors to ensure that their sponsors did not require additional services or support.

"This additional step, which is not required and was not done previously, is now being used to confuse and spread misinformation," Hargan said.

Hargan said he believed the backlash the agency has received in the wake of April's revelation is a "classic example of the adage 'No good deed goes unpunished.'"

Except for this part.......

WASHINGTON — The Department of Health and Human Services placed more than a dozen immigrant children in the custody of human traffickers after it failed to conduct background checks of caregivers, according to a Senate report released on Thursday.

That's a pretty big "oops!"

U.S. Placed Immigrant Children With Traffickers, Report Says

Except for this part.......

WASHINGTON — The Department of Health and Human Services placed more than a dozen immigrant children in the custody of human traffickers after it failed to conduct background checks of caregivers, according to a Senate report released on Thursday.

That's a pretty big "oops!"

U.S. Placed Immigrant Children With Traffickers, Report Says

That article is from 2016 and under the previous administration, it has nothing to do with the claim of 1500 children missing.

That article is from 2016 and under the previous administration, it has nothing to do with the claim of 1500 children missing.
You are missing the point by making it political. We are concerned about all of the children who have gone missing this way, regardless of whose watch it was under. Of course, finding out how to help stop more of the same from happening now is important, and that necessarily falls under this administration. But the focus of this thread ought to be on the children rather than defending any particular administration. That's why the thread is in the missing children section and not in a political or private section.

You are missing the point by making it political. We are concerned about all of the children who have gone missing this way, regardless of whose watch it was under. Of course, finding out how to help stop more of the same from happening now is important, and that necessarily falls under this administration. But the focus of this thread ought to be on the children rather than defending any particular administration. That's why the thread is in the missing children section and not in a political or private section.

Thank you!!!! It makes me nauseous that some people are so focused on the political aspect

The thing is, the subject of 1500 children missing is misleading. The opening post makes a claim without providing a MSM link. If there are 1500 missing children then there should be a thread for each one, but we know that's not the case. I'm trying to correct misinformation.

There can't be one because we don't have the information on which children are missing. I don't think we should expend time looking for children who have gone underground. But if they are missing under other circumstances, then we need to be looking for them. In order to do that, we need to know which ones are missing. This may not be possible because the ORR is unlikely to release that information. I believe our best bet is identifying which UID's and MP's are most likely candidates, and circulate their information on social media as well as asking other agencies to request information from the ORR in the case of UID's.

So, anyways, when going through namus to try to reverse engineer this, I am making sure to check the circumstances involved for the MP's. Runaways are more suspect to be involved if they aren't being reported by a parent, imo. For UID's, I'm looking for mentioning of trafficking in the description, and being found in unusual circumstances. Also consider the amount of time that has been spent by the people here and on other sites trying to track down a matching missing persons report. If it's a lot, I consider it a good candidate for contacting the investigative agency and ask them to confer with the ORR to see if that child matches anyone that they have lost track of.

I will also be looking for other races, because it's pretty much certain that the kids involved in this situation are not all Latinx, but that's definitely going to be more difficult. (Working on that after the Latinx kids.)

This a thoughtful article from The New Yorker. BBM

The Case of the Missing Immigrant Children

"The confusion about which children were among that fifteen hundred has obscured a basic truth: it is a bad thing when children are legally lost in America, with no one clearly accountable. Some immigration advocates may find that the government’s approach—call it vagueness, indifference, negligence, or contempt—has, in the past, worked for individual families who might otherwise be deported. (And the detention centers in which children are otherwise held, as my colleague Jonathan Blitzer has written, are deeply troubled places.) But disappearing—not showing up for immigration hearings, avoiding all authorities, including those designed to protect or to educate—still leaves the long-term outlook for the children highly uncertain. And that is when the sponsors, whom the government has, again, given power over these children, are acting with good will, which may not always be the case."

"His [Sessions'] definition of “smuggling” included travelling with a child of one’s own. That accompanied child would be reclassified as unaccompanied."

"But, even in the months before the Sessions policy formally went into place, there were reports that a hundred children under the age of four had been taken from their parents, in what amounted to a test run of the new policy, and reclassified as 'unaccompanied.'"

"Kelly’s “whatever” defines a space where children are lost track of."

This a thoughtful article from The New Yorker. BBM

The Case of the Missing Immigrant Children

"The confusion about which children were among that fifteen hundred has obscured a basic truth: it is a bad thing when children are legally lost in America, with no one clearly accountable. Some immigration advocates may find that the government’s approach—call it vagueness, indifference, negligence, or contempt—has, in the past, worked for individual families who might otherwise be deported. (And the detention centers in which children are otherwise held, as my colleague Jonathan Blitzer has written, are deeply troubled places.) But disappearing—not showing up for immigration hearings, avoiding all authorities, including those designed to protect or to educate—still leaves the long-term outlook for the children highly uncertain. And that is when the sponsors, whom the government has, again, given power over these children, are acting with good will, which may not always be the case."

"His [Sessions'] definition of “smuggling” included travelling with a child of one’s own. That accompanied child would be reclassified as unaccompanied."

"But, even in the months before the Sessions policy formally went into place, there were reports that a hundred children under the age of four had been taken from their parents, in what amounted to a test run of the new policy, and reclassified as 'unaccompanied.'"

"Kelly’s “whatever” defines a space where children are lost track of."

Good article, thank you

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong