WA WA - Jean-marc Faubert, 28, Burlington, 25 May 2018

No new updates in MSM/from LE that I can find this morning.

I have noticed that in other cases of missing military, official updates can be sparse/non-existent, possibly because of ‘chain of command’/jurisdictional issues (those might not be official terms).

Unfortunately in this case, I think applying Occam’s razor is the most likely explanation.

Only the Detectives can detail out when the last official telephone/digital communication was had by Mr. Faubert. The gf states 10pm...with her (I believe via phone) but that doesn't mean he didn't have other communications before and after with others. They will ping his phone to determine locations, the gf phone too. Find where they were physically when communication was had. Navy will have there own investigation and have more details of where he was the 24th and when he was on and off base. There is not mention if he was on base the 24th. There is a large window of time. He could have went for a run or hike way earlier than 10pm on the 24th. He may have went for an early morning run or hike the 25th. He may have met up with someone there, he may not have went there alone. He may not be the one who parked his car there. He could have slipped and cracked his head open. He could have been a victim of a crime. Assuming suicide would be unfair to Jean-Marc Faubert and let everyone know how to commit the perfect crime...just have the victims car at Deception Pass, case closed. Hardly. Investigations are quite. Hoping for his safe return still. Who wants to help organize a Search?!?

Only the Detectives can detail out when the last official telephone/digital communication was had by Mr. Faubert.

RSBM.

LE (“the detectives”) have detailled last known contact.

If I were local, and wanted to organize or participate in a search, I’d start by contacting Burlington PD.

1. LE are probably the only people who can answer that for you.

2. I realize you are new to WS. Welcome. It would be worth you having a read of the TOS, in particular regarding what can & can’t be posted/referenced.

3. The mods/admins here are generally easy-going and sympathetic, BUT will not hesitate to shut a thread down if posters regularly/continually ignore deletions/warnings about “out of bounds” comments.... Just saying.

<modsnip>

It has now been over a week since Jean went missing.

Anywhere for stats on likelyhood that he is still alive somewhere?

This news link I shared yesterday and the comments section seems to be very active.

Police seek man who went missing near Deception Pass Bridge | 790 KGMI

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm local and have been following Jean-Marc's (John's) disappearance since the beginning. Has anything officially been released, stating if a suicide note was left? Perhaps in his car, by email, or a note before he vanished?

• I'm local and have been following Jean-Marc's (John's) disappearance since the beginning. Has anything officially been released, stating if a suicide note was left? Perhaps in his car, by email, or a note before he vanished?

Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor’s commanding officer, Capt. Christine Sears, released a statement about Faubert.

“Our thoughts and prayers go out to Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Jean-Marc Faubert, his family, and loved ones,” she said. “We are hopeful for his safe return and encourage anyone with any information to contact the Burlington Police.”

States "hopeful for his safe return".

Nothing official has indicated a note. Rather "hopeful for his safe return".

Open investigation.

This article states "he was last seen in the early morning on May, 25th".

Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor’s commanding officer, Capt. Christine Sears, released a statement about Faubert.

“Our thoughts and prayers go out to Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Jean-Marc Faubert, his family, and loved ones,” she said. “We are hopeful for his safe return and encourage anyone with any information to contact the Burlington Police.”

States "hopeful for his safe return".

Nothing official has indicated a note. Rather "hopeful for his safe return".

Open investigation.

This article states "he was last seen in the early morning on May, 25th".

Thanks for the info. Sounds like from the investigation so far, and from him being seen in the early morning on the 25th, is that he is alive. But "early morning" could either mean midnight or sometime thereafter–even through the hours just before sunrise. It could be possible he left on his own accord. Whatever the case, I hope he's okay, and comes home soon. It's like a modern day reflection of the "Ron Tammen Jr." case.

From the article:
Washington State Parks, the Coast Guard, Naval Criminal Investigative Service and the Burlington Police Department were all involved in the investigation, according to the Island County Sheriff’s Office.

It seems that there’s been a concerted effort to search/find him (I know there was concern from some observers previously about the lack of info available about what exactly was being done concerning searches).

From the article: .

It seems that there’s been a concerted effort to search/find him (I know there was concern from some observers previously about the lack of info available about what exactly was being done concerning searches).

From the timeline, the concerted effort was delayed.
The fact that Naval Criminal Investigative Service is now involved is excellent.

I've been sitting on my hands, and I may be so very wrong....but experience tells me that when one " doth protest too much" something is not all what it seems.
At the same time, I don't know this person, and people do handle things differently during upheaval and anguish....

Has anyone figured out why its Burlington PD? Not that it matters or is nefarious in any way, it just odd since there is no obvious connection to Burlington at all.

I've been sitting on my hands, and I may be so very wrong....but experience tells me that when one " doth protest too much" something is not all what it seems.
At the same time, I don't know this person, and people do handle things differently during upheaval and anguish....

Since NCIS is involved, it looks good for this case to have a solid resolution. But, the reactions of one of the people closest to him still trouble me. Sure, people react differently in times of stress/anguish.

And some of those people are bad people.

The people who react in ways that tick off the O'Hare Psychopath Checklist grab my attention.

And if I'm correct, then a person like that will be bored with looking for a missing "loved one" after the initial high from the adrenaline of getting attention is dwindling.

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed but said person started cracking jokes about killing and hurting others a few days ago.

And back in 2015, shared a meme about how to get away with murder.

Reminds me of a serial killer, Todd Kohlhepp, who it turns out made insane Amazon reviews that were really in earnest and described exactly how he was harming torturing his victims.

'Blacker than my soul': Alarming Amazon reviews linked to alleged S.C. killer

Let's make things awkward...

See them at 2:15, 2:58, 3:07:

See them at 0:47:

See them at 0:58, 2:05:

Last edited:
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors