Identified! WA - Spokane, WhtFem 16-30, UP489, AKA "Millie", skull found in '98, Jun'84 - Ruth Belle Waymire

Any news?

No. IDK if the federal funding issue is what is causing the delay. All of us (myself, Spokane County MedEx office, and Sheila's family) are getting impatient with the delay.

Anyone ever mention Verna Susan Bjerky from Yale British Columbia? She has a gap and a jutted out chin. IMO. She disappeared in '81 and the circumstances might be off.

Link? Picture? I couldn't find her searching by Google..

There doesn't seem to be a lot of information about Bjerky.

Side by side (click to enlarge, if necessary)Millie Doe with Verna Susan Bjerky.png

The ruleouts as of 8 August 2017 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/489

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Mary Ann Bagenstose 1958 Pennsylvania
Andria Bailey 1963 Washington
Carol Donn 1963 Florida
Carol Edwards 1955 Washington
single severed hand found in Spokane County o 1900 Washington
Sharon Giusti 1943 Washington
Kathryn Gregory 1957 Washington
Joan Hall 1966 Oregon
Wendy Huggy 1965 Florida
Marcia Joyce 1950 Washington
Julia Kanol (Cannell) 1947 Washington
Kase Lee 1966 Washington
Kelly McGinniss 1965 Washington
Helen Morgan 1957 Georgia
Elaine Robertson 1955 Washington
Gayla Schaper 1951 Idaho
Darlene Tucker 1966
Verla Winter 1939 Washington

I think Verna would be worth submitting to the RCMP, it would be an easy rule out, if she didn't have moles on her neck.

I think Verna would be worth submitting to the RCMP, it would be an easy rule out, if she didn't have moles on her neck.
Not necessarily. If it's her, she would have had to get pregnant after she left home, and pregnancy can cause moles to develop.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

There's a picture of Verna Bjersky that definitely shows two moles on her neck. They are more vertical than on Carl's drawing but i'd definitely submit the tip of I were you

I got a message from Elizabeth at the Spokane County MedEx office that DNA on Sheila Pauley and Millie turned up negative.

I got a message from Elizabeth at the Spokane County MedEx office that DNA on Sheila Pauley and Millie turned up negative.

That's a shame....I really thought it could be a match....It's good that we know now....Thanks CarlK

About Verna

In August 1981, Olson was arrested and later confessed to killing 11 B.C. children and teens. On the day Verna disappeared, the body of Olson's third victim, 16-year-old Daryn Todd Johnsrude, who disappeared in April 1981, was found at the bottom of an embankment in Deroche, on the north side of the Fraser River on Highway 7.

In October 1981, some of Verna's personal belongings were found eight kilometres from Hope, also on the north side of the Fraser River. Crown prosecutors identified Verna as a likely Olson victim, but charges were never pursued.
Years later, Olson claimed to have knowledge of Verna's murder, along with the deaths of 11 additional young people. When authorities declined to pay for the information, he did not reveal the location of her body.

http://www.iammissing.ca/Missing Start Jan-11.html

You have to scroll down a whole lot to find the piece about Verna

I contacted the Spokane medical examiner and The DNA Doe Project and got the ball rolling on getting Millie identified through forensic genealogy. I was surprised how fast Colleen responded to my email. I'll probably be starting a page for Millie soon because what the DNA Doe project does isn't cheap. If anyone is willing to contribute I would be grateful. The technology has arrived, it's time to bring Millie home.

:bump: for image revision.

296UFWA%201984%20Spokane%20Millie%20Recon%20010L.jpg

Last edited:
Love it!! Hope Millie will make her way home very soon...

Was Lynn Ruth Connes ever considered for "Millie"?

The Doe Network: Case File 827DFCA

She went already missing in 1976 when she was 20 yrs old. So she would have been 28 in 1984 when the decapitated body was found. I'm not sure if the story is realistic. She must have been abducted, kept captured, have a baby in captivity......She has blond hair, green eyes, a gap and seems to have a jotted shin. I couldn't find any clear picture where moles can be seen.

Anyone ever mention Verna Susan Bjerky from Yale British Columbia? She has a gap and a jutted out chin. IMO. She disappeared in '81 and the circumstances might be off.

I see very little resemblance based on CarlK's detailed reconstruction, and Verna's photo [see other posts with side-by-sides.] Head shapes are different. I would say no go on this one, personally.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back