WA WA - Jean-marc Faubert, 28, Burlington, 25 May 2018

Thanks for the info. Sounds like from the investigation so far, and from him being seen in the early morning on the 25th, is that he is alive. But "early morning" could either mean midnight or sometime thereafter–even through the hours just before sunrise. It could be possible he left on his own accord. Whatever the case, I hope he's okay, and comes home soon. It's like a modern day reflection of the "Ron Tammen Jr." case.
Except Ron Tammen Jr. case, prank w fish in his bed could have not been a pr
<modsnip>
Jean-Marc Faubert Facebook post about his accomplishments and future endeavours was edited or deleted too.

*modsnipped reference to gf's facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
No one has mentioned them in the video comments and the videos already had a ton of views. I simply posted them to see what others thought of their chemistry. To me they seem very uncomfortable in the videos compared to other couples. He doesn't speak at all. Doing these interviews for youtube was clearly her choice. Perhaps in hopes of boosting her comedy career? I'm not sure.
I agree it's super awkward and uncomfortable. I feel sorry for him to have the SEARCH for HIM, HIS story, and his accomplishments be so overshadowed.

If they were meant to get married on 5/27...

1. I see no mention of a planned wedding date by either of them on any of their FB, Twitter, Instagram posts. Were these posts deleted? Were they just going to go to a court to tie the knot and not have an actual wedding?

2. Was there any sort of pre-wedding party planned? Usually young guys like him would have a Bachelor party night with his Navy bros and close guy friends. If the wedding was called off it would most likely lead him to a bar to drink away his sorrows. Did something perhaps happen while he was out drinking/partying on the night of 5/24 (early morning of 5/25) after talking to Lisa at 10pm, if he was even out doing such a thing?

3. Did he get cold feet or did he find out bad news (she was being dishonest, cheating, etc.) which possibly led him to jump off the bridge or need to get away from people he can no longer trust?

4. Apparently there has been 425+ suicides over the years at Deception Pass Bridge according to this post: The Sad, Sad Truth About Deception Pass Bridge

<modsnipped>

6. I noticed that there is no one on his facebook friends list with his last name (Faubert). It seems as if he has no siblings or family members he is in contact with or they don't use Facebook.

*modsnipped information found on friend's facebook

If they were meant to get married on 5/27...

1. I see no mention of a planned wedding date by either of them on any of their FB, Twitter, Instagram posts. Were these posts deleted? Were they just going to go to a court to tie the knot and not have an actual wedding?

2. Was there any sort of pre-wedding party planned? Usually young guys like him would have a Bachelor party night with his Navy bros and close guy friends. If the wedding was called off it would most likely lead him to a bar to drink away his sorrows. Did something perhaps happen while he was out drinking/partying on the night of 5/24 (early morning of 5/25) after talking to Lisa at 10pm, if he was even out doing such a thing?

3. Did he get cold feet or did he find out bad news (she was being dishonest, cheating, etc.) which possibly led him to jump off the bridge or need to get away from people he can no longer trust?

4. Apparently there has been 425+ suicides over the years at Deception Pass Bridge according to this post: The Sad, Sad Truth About Deception Pass Bridge
<modsnipped>

6. I noticed that there is no one on his facebook friends list with his last name (Faubert). It seems as if he has no siblings or family members he is in contact with or they don't use Facebook.

1. Not everyone publicizes everything. My spouse and I did not announce our wedding until the morning of. It could have been a last minute decision, they still had time to get a license (Friday), if one was not procured yet. Or it’s just another claim of hers for attention.

2. This is all speculation of his personality that we really don’t know. It was also reported that he was last seen Friday morning but not by who.

5. Nothing really out of the ordinary. They both live close to their respective jobs.

6. Not everyone is friends on social media with family nor do they share the same surname. Again, not that unusual. Doesn’t mean they’re not in contact.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Any one in the military knows about the consequences of going AWOL or Desertion or Missing Movement. It's odd for someone who is active duty to not contact their superiors and try to get a leave of absence. He's looking at dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay, and possible jail time if he is found alive.

To me it seems highly unlikely that he would throw all that he has worked for all away but emotions & repressed feelings can get the best of many men. I think it's more likely he fell and got injured while hiking/jogging (and his body has yet to be found) or he met foul play. He most likely was hiking/jogging with his car keys and left his phone/wallet behind in his locked car. That seems like the most likely scenario. If he was intentionally leaving everything behind to start a new life/identity or he planned to jump off the bridge why not leave his car keys behind too?

This is very sad, what ever the scenario and outcome is.

There has been a concerted search effort (with some assumptions made due to the location his car was found).

Nonetheless, holding out hope for his safe return and healing for all involved. Closure may not come for a long time, if ever. If there is any Justice to be had in this I pray that it prevails! +

Does anyone know his daily activities on the day he went missing? The previous 24 hours before he was last seen? Also, where was his car found exactly? Parked on the bridge? In one of the lanes? Off to the side of the road? Or near one the entrances? It's possible someone could have picked him up, willingly, on his terms.

Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor’s commanding officer, Capt. Christine Sears, released a statement about Faubert.

“Our thoughts and prayers go out to Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Jean-Marc Faubert, his family, and loved ones,” she said. “We are hopeful for his safe return and encourage anyone with any information to contact the Burlington Police.”

States "hopeful for his safe return".

Nothing official has indicated a note. Rather "hopeful for his safe return".

Open investigation.

This article states "he was last seen in the early morning on May, 25th".
*The commanding officers statement has been "edited" on this article online. It now reads:

“We are hopeful for his safe return and encourage anyone with any information to contact the Burlington Police.”

<modsnip>

Also, why hasn't there been an official missing person poster created for him? Even if it's a possible suicide, his body has still not been found. There is a chance he's still alive–somewhere.

*modsnipped rumor from facebook

<modsnipped>
I don't see anything in that link, but there is one that directs you to this link and there is quite the battle going on it seems. More rumor info and what must be friends of the gf...IMO. You have to scroll to the post on him.

Burlington Police Department

*modsnipped quote

I agree it's super awkward and uncomfortable. I feel sorry for him to have the SEARCH for HIM, HIS story, and his accomplishments be so overshadowed.
They willingly partook in the videos, which makes them fair game. I see no shadow, I see no eclipse because of a vlog on sexuality. I see members uncomfortable w the subject matter of the vlogs! They are a cute couple, it gives great insight actually, to their Personalities. ()

scuse' my wonky keyboard!

Jean-Marc Faubert Facebook post about his accomplishments and future endeavours was edited or deleted too.

RBBM for focus:

Why would anyone do that? As I understand, his girlfriend has access to Jean-Marc’s FB page; is it safe to assume she is the one who did that?

We don’t know who has access to his SM accounts.

We also don’t know if things have been deleted or edited. It could be simply privacy settings have been changed.

ETA: If I were a family member of a missing person dealing with some of the egregious comments/SM gossip one sees so frequently in MP cases, I’d lock down my social media accounts too (except mine already are).

Last edited:
The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed.
Rules - Etiquette & Information

Knowing both this outstanding soldier and his grieving partner. All of you suggesting foul play by his partner are awful people and clearly violating your own forum rules. This is a tragedy. This soldier did not just "Walk away from it all". He's missing and that's heartbreaking, hope he's found safe.

Knowing both this outstanding soldier and his grieving partner. All of you suggesting foul play by his partner are awful people and clearly violating your own forum rules. This is a tragedy. This soldier did not just "Walk away from it all". He's missing and that's heartbreaking, hope he's found safe.

<modsnip>. We all want him found safe.

This is about Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Jean-Marc Faubert missing since Friday May 24, 2018.

No official missing person flyer, no national coverage. No press conference pleas for his return. Nothing but rumors.<modsnip>

So you joined just like me for this, but mostly to put his partner down, versus trying to find him. Sorry I let my personal military orientation show when misclassifying his service. :p

Since you know them both and you state he “did not just walk away from it all,” meaning suicide or intentional disappearance (regardless of citing your source), we the public is then left to believe foul play or an accident, correct?

with all due respect, we can believe whatever we choose to. Please re-read the post - this is not about putting his partner down, it is about the lack of doing anything to help find him. Putting someone down would be calling them names, pointing out personal shortcomings and offering disparaging comments about someone's personality/persona/hobbies/habits/looks/intellect, etc.

We follow cases here and know what can be done to help find folks who go missing. So when those simple basic things are not getting down, we can choose to wonder why. I do.

What gives?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back