WA WA - Jean-marc Faubert, 28, Burlington, 25 May 2018

I just don't know how you know the "lack of doing anything" to find them. That's not been my experience. To be fair, my original post wasn't directed at you, more toward the idea of blaming someone who also wants the same thing we all want, a safe return of their loved one. Just trying to have more compassion and respect toward those impacted by his disappearance. Maybe I'm just lost too, not trying to start an argument. I'm just not sleeping and I know these are both good people. Seeing either spoken of negatively during this time is just really tough to read.

What steps need to be taken to have a missing person flyer created? What are some possibilities for why one hasn’t been created?

The lack of national coverage makes sense to me; generally local news has it covered unless there are extenuating circustances (reason to believe missing person is in another state, etc). Please correct me if I am wrong

What steps need to be taken to have a missing person flyer created? What are some possibilities for why one hasn’t been created?

The lack of national coverage makes sense to me; generally local news has it covered unless there are extenuating circustances (reason to believe missing person is in another state, etc). Please correct me if I am wrong

Anyone can create a missing person flyer. I could create one for J-M Faubert in about 5 minutes & distribute/publicize it via internet in about another 5 minutes.

How do we know that one hasn’t been created/distributed?

I can think of a few reasons why it hasn’t been done, none of them nefarious.

Now that’s unnecessary and disrespectful....

I don't see how. We're already discussing the possibilities.

Anyway here's some photos of the parking lot his car was found in:
isdYhPW.png

rwzWCTf.png

I never understand why attractions like this and bridges that are known for suicides don't have video cameras that are monitored.

Not an official flyer, but his pic and post about him being missing was shared locally on FB pretty extensively. I saw it in my news feed several times before a thread was started here. I know Seattle news stations covered the story originally.

The south parking lot is not free. In my experience, its checked fairly often, so I don't believe the car had been there more than overnight when it was found in the morning. It gets light here around 5:30 am, so going hiking could be a reasonable possibility. Of course, we don't know what time the car arrived at the parking lot. I wonder about his wallet and phone being left in the car though. I would maybe leave the wallet, but for sure take my phone. The views are amazing, no matter how many times I've been there, I take pics. And in case of emergency of course.

Do we know if he was scheduled to work that day? What time? Did he normally get up early to hike? Its definitely not uncommon around here.

And as always, still curious why Burlington PD has the case. South side of Deception Pass is Whidbey Island, north side is Fidalgo Island. Oak Harbor or Anacortes. The Base is in Oak Harbor, I believe his gf lives near Seattle.

No official missing person flyer, no national coverage. No press conference pleas for his return.

He's an enlisted member of the Navy. That's the distinction. His disappearance and the way they choose to handle it is part and parcel of enlistment. They aren't obligated to release anything to the public. They've done as much as they did in terms of public effort when a sailor went missing in the Olympics last month. The difference here is that may have been picked up by more news agencies for a variety of reasons, including they were on a slower news cycle. In terms of local state coverage, both cases have received equal media saturation.

with all due respect, we can believe whatever we choose to. Please re-read the post - this is not about putting his partner down, it is about the lack of doing anything to help find him. Putting someone down would be calling them names, pointing out personal shortcomings and offering disparaging comments about someone's personality/persona/hobbies/habits/looks/intellect, etc.

We follow cases here and know what can be done to help find folks who go missing. So when those simple basic things are not getting down, we can choose to wonder why. I do.

With all due respect, people are calling her an attention seeker.

Would you be seeking some attention, perhaps some help, if your loved one went missing?
<modsnip>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, definitely. But respectfully, that attention is typically sought via missing persons fliers, press conferences, etc. as others have mentioned.

And like has already been stated: there WERE fliers.

And another thing that was stated was that the Navy decides how to go about this in terms of press conferences and the public.

We should all work on our selective reading, self included.

And like has already been stated: there WERE fliers.

And another thing that was stated was that the Navy decides how to go about this in terms of press conferences and the public.

We should all work on our selective reading, self included.

Appreciate the concern for my reading comprehension abilities. I’m...not entirely sure how this negates what I wrote earlier? I was trying to explain that folks here are puzzled because the typical attention-getting avenues are being less used in this case, regardless of the reasons why that’s so.

In any event - hoping for some positive movement on this case soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back