Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her wisdom teeth (#1, #16, #17, and #32) are all marked "N" on her chart for natural tooth. That doesn't necessarily mean that they were fully erupted though.
Thank you, I was looking at a missing girl from the east coast who matched almost everything, even down to eye color and number of fillings, but she had had her wisdom teeth removed. I'll keep looking!

I wonder if she fought back? tried to scratch him? wonder how he would have explained any scratches to his employers/buddies/family?

Thank you, I was looking at a missing girl from the east coast who matched almost everything, even down to eye color and number of fillings, but she had had her wisdom teeth removed. I'll keep looking!

Curious who this person is?

I have come across a possible name that I have not heard mentioned for possible match: Tammy Rose Surdham. Has anyone heard about this? I know there have been a load of matches turned in.
If I'm not mistaken I turned her in on the Doe network but no response. Usually u get an email from Mary Bell confirming the submit was received and or it was already run through & not a match. I did not get an email this time so I'm wondering if it even went through.
Also, not being stupid but really don't know. What does "bumping" mean?

I have come across a possible name that I have not heard mentioned for possible match: Tammy Rose Surdham. Has anyone heard about this? I know there have been a load of matches turned in.
If I'm not mistaken I turned her in on the Doe network but no response. Usually u get an email from Mary Bell confirming the submit was received and or it was already run through & not a match. I did not get an email this time so I'm wondering if it even went through.

I submitted 2 a few days back for different does and didn't get a response either. Not sure what's going on.

When a post or entry stays static for some time. Some will enter “bump” just to bring it active again to bring it to the forefront. That’s all

Sarah - thank you so much for posting that. Also got to love the avatar ;)

The fact that the killer used an instrument to penetrate the victim is horribly distasteful of course but as a non-professional I just don't see it as evidence of the killer being a female. It's possible of course but it's surely at least as possible that the killer harbored feelings of rage and inadequacy that prevented him from carrying out a penile penetration, or perhaps he was just a sick [insert expletive of choice] who liked that kind of thing.
I have to agree with you. I don't know why but I just cannot see this being a female killer. I have the same feeling you do about the reason why an "object" was used: the killer likely had some type of ED. Either that or he tried to rape her and was not able to get it up for whatever reason (i.e., not enough time, fear of being caught, bothered by her screaming BC you know DAMN WELL that poor little sweatheart was.) I hate to even say that BC it disgusts me & hurts my heart what some did to this young girl. But mulling things over is brainstorming.
I always wondered why Otis Toole was not looked at. I've heard the theory over &over about HLL. I have NEVER heard Toole mentioned.
I really feel like if there was a way to get hold of her autopsy report & police report it would be highly helpful. There are those of us (such as myself) who have medical backgrounds that could probably gather some clues.
I could be wrong about this. But as far as I know, a non-law enforcement person can request police/autopsy records as long as they are not sealed. I don't know the criteria of how you go about it other than you have to give a good reason, such as conducting research to write a book. I believe this is called the Freedom of Information act.

Ruled** not toldr. Sorry, was on my phone and my keyboard updated and now sucks to use.
It's ok
I don't mean to sound like a dumbass but what does IIRC mean??
Now what I did NOT catch....did you say Carl K. said that she WAS ruled out? Based on facial comparison, you said?
It was so hard to see her face on the pic from Doe Network BC it was small & kinda grainy, I don't have a computer at home so I couldn't enhance or anything; & although I do have computer access at work I am often busy so I do most everything from my phone.
I was reading over the WCJD FB page which I think Carl K. moderates (Carl if you read this you ARE AWESOME.)
From what I read, I think Carl wrote this; basically every possible match has been turned in from the DN, NamUs, wherever...to no avail. So if that's the case the only way a match could come up now if a new MP report gets uploaded to one of those websites.....

I wonder if WCJD is on the DNA Doe Network's list. Now that Marcia has been identified I feel so bad for our poor angel here. She deserves to go home too :(

She is listed on the initial list of cases nominated to them so I would imagine hers will be take up fairly soon, within the next year or so, though it will probably depend on whether local LE are willing to work with DDP.

It's ok
I don't mean to sound like a dumbass but what does IIRC mean??
Now what I did NOT catch....did you say Carl K. said that she WAS ruled out? Based on facial comparison, you said?
It was so hard to see her face on the pic from Doe Network BC it was small & kinda grainy, I don't have a computer at home so I couldn't enhance or anything; & although I do have computer access at work I am often busy so I do most everything from my phone.
I was reading over the WCJD FB page which I think Carl K. moderates (Carl if you read this you ARE AWESOME.)
From what I read, I think Carl wrote this; basically every possible match has been turned in from the DN, NamUs, wherever...to no avail. So if that's the case the only way a match could come up now if a new MP report gets uploaded to one of those websites.....

I believe Tammy was brought up in this forum before and that's when Carl ruled her out based on appearances and stats not lining up.

She is listed on the initial list of cases nominated to them so I would imagine hers will be take up fairly soon, within the next year or so, though it will probably depend on whether local LE are willing to work with DDP.

Quoting myself, I know, but it crossed my mind that if the age estimate of 14-16 is accurate she was legally a child and therefore in theory DDP might not be willing to actually take on her case. However since the circumstances surrounding her death strongly suggest a stranger killing rather than family involvement, DDP should look more favourably on her case.

They are probably going to have to evaluate this and each similar case individually, given that age estimates can be significantly awry and given that so many young people were runaways during the 1960s-1980s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288