Was Darin Routier involved in away with the murder or cover up of their boys?

Did Darin Routier help in anyway with the murder of his son's?

• Darin helped Darlie murder the boys

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • Darin helped Darlie cover up the murder of their boys

Votes: 142 46.3%
  • Darin took the sock and placed it in the Alley

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • Darin was innocent and had nothing to do with his son's deaths

Votes: 108 35.2%

• Total voters
Perhaps Darlie could not believe that he had done it. It's hard to believe that someone you've loved and been with for years could try and kill you and kill your/their children.

I've been in an abusive relationship for twelve years and, even though I knew I was being taken advantage of, I'd never thought that I'd been manipulated. After things got out of control and he almost got physical with me, and started making death threats to me, my family and a friend of mine, I suddenly started to process the last twelve years of my life and realize just how much of a liar and of a manipulator he'd been with me. So, because I've been there, I can tell you that sometimes it's just plain denial from the part of the victim. "No, my loved one would never do such a thing. I must have interpreted things all wrong. I must be the one having problems, not him/her." Those are the kind of thoughts that start running in people who've been psychologically abused for a while.

I can't say for sure that this is the kind of relationship that Darlie and Darin were in but... from what I read, she was pretty much taking care of everything (house, kids, meals, paying the bills) while he was out working and maybe not just working... if you know what I mean. Yes, he gave her jewels, but a woman needs attention and help around the house more than she needs jewels... so that does not mean that he was a great husband afterall. It used to be like that for me too... minus the jewels. Because we were broke since he spent all "our" money for his own leisure. I had to take care of everything. Cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, taking care of our son, etc. It was my responsibility because he was earning more money than me... because he wanted me home to take care of everything and would throw fits when I'd have to work weekends or evenings. Anyways... I guess this post will be confusing to many of you but... all I'm trying to say is that... with the things that I've had the time to realize over the last year or so about my relationship with my ex, well... I can see similarities in Darlie's situation. And maybe in Darin's temper/way of thinking. And that leads me to think that maybe Darlie was just really trusting her husband who was not a good person at all and who used her. She may not have had the time to realize it before it was too late. And maybe now she is ashamed to talk about it, or someone told her it was in her best interest not to implicate Darin in order to try and get herself out of death row.

I mean, what if someone told her that Drake could risk losing both his parents if she did implicate Darin but failed to lay the charges off her? Or maybe these are just her thoughts. But I sincerely hope that one day, she will get the courage and the help necessary to make things move and prove the world that they were wrong about her.

Sorry for the long post... but I had to try and explain how I see things.
Darlie was a stay at home mother, she had no interest in working. Darin made a good living. Until the last year that is when his business flattened out and there were no more jobs.

Darin was not abusive in any way. He worshipped Darlie and gave her whatever she wanted.

Darlie committed the murders, not Darin, all the forensic evidence points to her, not Darin. Darin is accusing her on the 911 call, that's pretty clear. Darin lied and helped her but he did not murder those boys, she did.

The only way she is going to move is to find evidence, physical evidence of an intruder in her home that night stabbing her boys.

Darlie was a stay at home mother, she had no interest in working. Darin made a good living. Until the last year that is when his business flattened out and there were no more jobs.

Darin was not abusive in any way. He worshipped Darlie and gave her whatever she wanted.

Darlie committed the murders, not Darin, all the forensic evidence points to her, not Darin. Darin is accusing her on the 911 call, that's pretty clear. Darin lied and helped her but he did not murder those boys, she did.

The only way she is going to move is to find evidence, physical evidence of an intruder in her home that night stabbing her boys.
Yes Darlie was a stay at home Mom, Darin surrounded himself with career criminals who together with Darin participated in insurance scams, not a stretch to go for life insurance on Darlie. The people who they were around at that time were some bad people!

i think Darin planned this and possibly Darlie knows more than she says and they both stop short of providing useful info because of fear it will blow back on them/Darin or the threat thereof! I do not believe Darlie attacked her children! I do believe that Darin was capable of doing so!

Last edited:
I believe that there were two attackers in that house that night, I do not believe they broke and entered, I believe they were given access via key or unlocked door!

I don't think Darin was just involved, I think he did it. He left the house right after Waddell came in that is when he lost that sock down the alley. The neighbor saw him running on the sidewalk, he came back in a minute later and did another fake cpr on Devon.
Darin had help from the outside

Darin was fully investigated, in fact he was Patterson's suspect at first but he didn't change his story as to his movements like Darlie did. Darlie is all about Darlie, no way would she sit on DR if Darin was the killer. Besides that she was adamant to police and her attorneys alike that Darin was not responsible for the murders. She is, she's the killer.

Rest in peace Devon and Damon, 22 years today you left us.
I may have believed this in 1996 but at this juncture I'm not buying this at all! How fully did they investigate his compadre's???

each to their own.... but you will never convince me that darlie is innocent.
the evidence is OVERWHELMING.
take a solid look at her performance at the video-ed party....oops...graveside wake... who would know ??????
there isn't an ounce of devestation in that womans body.
my heart hurts everytime I watch it.
disgusting. she repulses me

each to their own.... but you will never convince me that darlie is innocent.
the evidence is OVERWHELMING.
take a solid look at her performance at the video-ed party....oops...graveside wake... who would know ??????
there isn't an ounce of devestation in that womans body.
my heart hurts everytime I watch it.
disgusting. she repulses me
We didn't see the service that took place prior the silly string, and as puzzling as her behavior may seem, does not make her a murderer. I believed all the crap I saw in the news back when this happened too, but that all changed, you really can't believe everything you see on the Internet and you certainly can't believe everything LE says.

Last edited:
I may have believed this in 1996 but at this juncture I'm not buying this at all! How fully did they investigate his compadre's???
When they fully investigated Darin, did that include his beepers, they used beepers back then to communicate and they arrainged codes to use. Example: a certain set of numbers means come now!

Last edited:
The main reason Darin isn’t a suspect can be found in the 911 tape. He came downstairs and discovered the scene while Darlie was on the phone. She said so herself to the operator. Darin also yelled questions at her about what happened, which she defensively answered. She has always maintained his innocence. His story never changed, hers changed constantly. He may be a jerk, but he wasn’t involved.

Last edited:
The main reason Darin isn’t a suspect can be found in the 911 tape. He came downstairs and discovered the scene while Darlie was on the phone. She said so herself to the operator. Darin also yelled questions at her about what happened, which she defensively answered. She has always maintained his innocence. His story never changed, hers changed constantly. He may be a jerk, but he wasn’t involved.
I am reading something entirely different in her 911 call!

IMO Darlie is the only killer. I believe Darin didn’t have anything to do with the murder or alleged coverup. I think he may be guilty of not telling all he knows, especially about the true state of their marriage and Darlie’s behavior. And I believe that on some deep dark level, he suspects that Darlie is guilty.

What on earth are you talking about? You do know that insurance scam business didn't surface until 2002, over 6 years after Darlie was convicted. Why on earth would the investigate his friends? There is no proof Darin ever committed any crimes.

What on earth are you talking about? You do know that insurance scam business didn't surface until 2002, over 6 years after Darlie was convicted. Why on earth would the investigate his friends? There is no proof Darin ever committed any crimes.
Sorry Cami, but the insurance scam was very real and I do think they should have investigated Darin and his known associates that participated in the insurance scam! Darin commited a crime when he had his vehicle stolen and filed a fraudulent insurance claim. Darin commited crime when he purchased and did cocaine and other drugs. You are trying so very hard to protect him, his reputation and character. You are such a wonderful advocate for him, hats of to you for that! Lol!

Last edited:
Sorry Cami, but the insurance scam was very real and I do think they should have investigated Darin and his known associates that participated in the insurance scam! Darin commited a crime when he had his vehicle stolen and filed a fraudulent insurance claim. Darin commited crime when he purchased and did cocaine and other drugs. You are trying so very hard to protect him, his reputation and character. You are such a wonderful advocate for him, hats of to you for that! Lol!

Why on earth would Darlie Kee and her husband sit on the truth and allow Darlie to be arrested and sent to DR? This so called insurance scam was discussed at their home, according to DK six months before Devon and Damon were murdered so they all knew about it prior to the murders. Why didn't Darlie speak up when she was arrested?

I disagree. I think Darin is a creep but he did not kill those boys and he did not set up his house for an insurance scam. He was just turned down for a $5000 loan, the fingers would point straight at him if he had anything to do with the murders or a robbery at his home. In fact he was suspected first by Patterson but his statement didn't change and Darlie's did and since her statement didn't match what they were finding at the crime scene, attention turned to her as the suspect. The cops expect you to change a few things as you remember in the days following an incident like this but you don't change your whole story and that's what she did and that's why the cops suspected her.

there isn't evidence of one person being in that home let alone two people. Two intruders and Darlie is still alive and only suffered minor injuries. Yeah sure.

Just out of curiosity, if these were robbers, did they plan to take stuff out of the house through the slit screen and down the alley or what? If they were killers, why were two sleeping boys murdered and not Darlie if she was their target? Why didn't they just plunge that knife into her chest as she lay sleeping?

I know they found a glass with white powder which was probably the cocaine Darlie bought him for his birthday. They also found pot which Darlie gave to her teenage babysitters, along with wine coolers and cigarettes. But Darlie is the only one who had drugs in her tox screen, the amphetamine diet pills she was taking.

Regardless, you can play up Darin as the big bad wolf, he was a criminal, even though he's not committed another crime. he was a druggy, even though there is no evidence they were anything but recreational drug users. It is the evidence that proves to me Darlie murdered her children. there is also her many many changing statements as she learned evidence not favourable to her and lies and her initial statement that didn't match the crime scene.

I can't and won't stick up for a baby killer. I believe Darlie murdered her children, in fact I have no doubt she did it, she is where she belongs.

You don't need to lie like she did if you are innocent of murder. Her letters from jail were her undoing, she was caught at trial, on the stand in her lies.

Last edited:
Yes Darlie was a stay at home Mom, Darin surrounded himself with career criminals who together with Darin participated in insurance scams, not a stretch to go for life insurance on Darlie. The people who they were around at that time were some bad people!

It’s more than a stretch, he got done for a car insurance scam that’s a far cry from trying to murder your wife and two of your children for life insurance. Besides that Darlie’s wounds were proven to be self inflicted, she did it to her self after murdering her two beautiful boys she’s as guilty as sin and is exactly where she belongs sitting on Death Row. Her Judgement day is coming.
For we must all stand before Christ to be judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the good or evil we have done in this earthly body. 2 Corinthians 5:10

I don’t. I was responding to Kezzy17 who said he/she believes Darin to be responsible. I was saying that I was “all ears” for her/him to share with us why they blame Darin.
I am convinced with out any doubt that Darlie is innocent and Darin isn't. The evidence against him is over whelming. Darin was never investigated

Why on earth would Darlie Kee and her husband sit on the truth and allow Darlie to be arrested and sent to DR? This so called insurance scam was discussed at their home, according to DK six months before Devon and Damon were murdered so they all knew about it prior to the murders. Why didn't Darlie speak up when she was arrested?

I disagree. I think Darin is a creep but he did not kill those boys and he did not set up his house for an insurance scam. He was just turned down for a $5000 loan, the fingers would point straight at him if he had anything to do with the murders or a robbery at his home. In fact he was suspected first by Patterson but his statement didn't change and Darlie's did and since her statement didn't match what they were finding at the crime scene, attention turned to her as the suspect. The cops expect you to change a few things as you remember in the days following an incident like this but you don't change your whole story and that's what she did and that's why the cops suspected her.

there isn't evidence of one person being in that home let alone two people. Two intruders and Darlie is still alive and only suffered minor injuries. Yeah sure.

Just out of curiosity, if these were robbers, did they plan to take stuff out of the house through the slit screen and down the alley or what? If they were killers, why were two sleeping boys murdered and not Darlie if she was their target? Why didn't they just plunge that knife into her chest as she lay sleeping?

I know they found a glass with white powder which was probably the cocaine Darlie bought him for his birthday. They also found pot which Darlie gave to her teenage babysitters, along with wine coolers and cigarettes. But Darlie is the only one who had drugs in her tox screen, the amphetamine diet pills she was taking.

Regardless, you can play up Darin as the big bad wolf, he was a criminal, even though he's not committed another crime. he was a druggy, even though there is no evidence they were anything but recreational drug users. It is the evidence that proves to me Darlie murdered her children. there is also her many many changing statements as she learned evidence not favourable to her and lies and her initial statement that didn't match the crime scene.

I can't and won't stick up for a baby killer. I believe Darlie murdered her children, in fact I have no doubt she did it, she is where she belongs.

You don't need to lie like she did if you are innocent of murder. Her letters from jail were her undoing, she was caught at trial, on the stand in her lies.

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a copy of the police report where they found cocaine in Darins room? Also I was wondering if there is a copy around of the insurance policy they had on the house. I can not find either of those documents anymore

Darin was fully investigated, in fact he was Patterson's suspect at first but he didn't change his story as to his movements like Darlie did. Darlie is all about Darlie, no way would she sit on DR if Darin was the killer. Besides that she was adamant to police and her attorneys alike that Darin was not responsible for the murders. She is, she's the killer.

Rest in peace Devon and Damon, 22 years today you left us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back