WY WY - Carlene Brown, 19, Rawlins, 4 July 1974

If anyone is interested, I am attaching the article I copied from Wyoming State archives about remains being positively identified as Christy Gross, the young lady who went missing with Carlene Brown.View attachment 123890
Where did you find this and is there an article about their disappearance from 1974? Is it on a website?

Where did you find this and is there an article about their disappearance from 1974? Is it on a website?

The link is in the attachment in blue, it is a screen shot of the article of finding Christy's remains. Click on view attachment and it will come up. Is that what you're asking?

This article was published in 2012, and I haven't been able to find any updates from Janet Franson since. Is this person still with UNT (that's also NamUs, right? I get confused)?
I would love to know if they were successful in locating and unsealing Carlene's adoption records and if a DNA sample is truly underway.

This article was published in 2012, and I haven't been able to find any updates from Janet Franson since. Is this person still with UNT (that's also NamUs, right? I get confused)?
I would love to know if they were successful in locating and unsealing Carlene's adoption records and if a DNA sample is truly underway.

I don't know. It's the most recent information that I've seen. I believe Janet Franson retired but was still working the case. Yes, UNT and Namus are the same at the moment. I was under the impression that the way it works is that the DOJ project called Namus is contracted out to the agency that actually runs it. It was the LSU Faces lab at one point, I think, and then UNT got the contract. I don't know how long that runs for though, and I could well be wrong about how it works. CarkK, can you clarify

The way so much of LE works, I would take the silence to mean there's been at least some progress.

I have never seen any articles regarding the disappearance of Deborah Rae Meyer who vanished on August 4th 1974 and just like Carlene’s case there hasn’t been any activity. I wonder if her case is no longer being investigated. I also went on classmates hoping to find another pic of Carlene but I found nothing

I found this photo of Carlene on classmates in the rawlins high school year book of 1971

If this is put up can someone please find a way to erase my phone carrier thing on the top. That would be very nice if u could

I have never seen any articles regarding the disappearance of Deborah Rae Meyer who vanished on August 4th 1974 and just like Carlene’s case there hasn’t been any activity. I wonder if her case is no longer being investigated. I also went on classmates hoping to find another pic of Carlene but I found nothing

You probably already have these links.

The Doe Network: Case File 749DFWY
Deborah Rae Meyer – The Charley Project
WY - WY - Deborah Rae Meyer, 14, Rawlins, 4 August 1974
Page Not Found
ersons/Case#/6400

There might be articles in the Carbon County Journal, which is archived in newspapers.com.

Does anyone know if Carlene lived somewhere else before she was adopted? Or did she always live in Wyoming?

I was browsing crime watchers for possible Jane does for another missing person and found that Carlene has been ruled out as being 3 UIDs

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back