Found Safe KY - Charlee Campbell, 2, *autistic* & Pitbull Terrier Named Penny, Bullitt County, 7 Jun 2018

Lauren Adams‏ @WLKYLaurenAdams 1h1 hour ago
Fire Chief telling us Charlee Campbell was located SAFE at 6:09 tonight. No immediate details but she is okay.

Lauren Adams‏ @WLKYLaurenAdams 45m45 minutes ago
The mother of missing girl Charlee Campbell just showed up to the Bullitt County Sheriffs Office. I don’t think she has seen her daughter yet—who was found safe at 6:09. I did hear one woman say: ‘I held her- she’s good.’

Lauren Adams‏ @WLKYLaurenAdams
Fire Chief says it was ‘like Christmas’ when he got the phone call Charlee was safe. ‘I honestly didn’t think we would find her- it’s a miracle.’ Says little girl was dehydrated and covered in ticks but otherwise okay.

Lauren Adams‏ @WLKYLaurenAdams 25m25 minutes ago
Bullitt County Sheriff: ‘I cant explain that Charlee was found but at this point we’re focusing on the fact she’s okay.’

Lauren Adams‏ @WLKYLaurenAdams 23m23 minutes ago
Sheriff becomes emotional talking about little Charlee being found. Says her grandfather - who has custody- fell to his knees and began crying when hearing the news.

Sheriff says while Charlee is safe criminal investigation WILL continue: ‘maybe we put pressure on someone and they decided against doing the wrong thing.’ Won’t speculate on whether or not she was in the woods the entire time but if she was ‘its a miracle.’

I was on a flight, just landed and saw the news right away. WOW!!!

Last thing I saw before I had to put my phone on airplane mode was 4 cadaver dogs hitting on the pool, and the sheriff with tears.

I landed and saw she and the dog are safe!!

Unbelievable but how happy that we finally get a happy ending.

Lauren Adams

Sheriff says while Charlee is safe criminal investigation WILL continue: ‘maybe we put pressure on someone and they decided against doing the wrong thing.’ Won’t speculate on whether or not she was in the woods the entire time but if she was ‘its a miracle.’

There may be more to the story. There may not be. BUT Miracles DO Happen. :)
Glad they're thoroughly continuing the investigation though. For Charlee's sake!

One thing mentioned during the press conference was that Charlee "might" get to see her mother tonight, but that would be it. CPS is down at the house. They will make sure that things are o.k.

ETA: she was found with her Frozen pyjama top on. No diaper.

Thanks for this link. I just caught the last few minutes of the interview. The investigation is definitely continuing. There are still a lot of questions LE wants answered, especially being that Charlee was found in an area that was searched at least 5 times.

ETA. Sorry for duplicate info. Looks like we were all posting at the same time.
She may not have been in that area the whole time tho.

One thing mentioned during the press conference was that Charlee "might" get to see her mother tonight, but that would be it. CPS is down at the house. They will make sure that things are o.k.

ETA: she was found with her Frozen pyjama top on. No diaper.
I think I saw someone say that somewhere else. How in the heck could that be. I could see a baby taking off their own diaper but not putting their pants back on. But heck stranger things have happened.

I think I saw someone say that somewhere else. How in the heck could that be. I could see a baby taking off their own diaper but not putting their pants back on. But heck stranger things have happened.
The sheriff says that in the 2nd video at this link. My impression is that she was found with only her pajama top on--maybe nothing on the bottom. But, I'm not sure. She's alive, and that's the most important thing.

Missing Bullitt Co. child found safe

Had chemo today and just got back and started reading this thread. Charlee and Penny have been found safe. Thank God, what great news. I am so happy. After reading about the cadaver dogs hitting on the pond, it scared me out of 10 years growth. I'm so happy that precious baby has been found alive and sound.

How could they have searched that hill 5 times and not found a trace of her, yet she and Penny come over that hill. Fishy as all get out. Something is rotten in Denmark and it's not a dirty diaper. I'm so glad they will be continuing the investigation. Someone disappeared that child. And someone after being pressured put her back. Ticks make it sound like she was out in the elements the whole time, but was she?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back