OK OK - Peggy McGuire, 28, Eufaula, 16 Nov 2015

Family searches for answers years after Peggy McGuire's disappearance

The family of a woman missing since November of 2015 is still searching and praying for answers.

Peggy McGuire was last seen dropping her son off at school two and a half years ago, and hasn’t been heard from since. There have been few clues in the investigation.

McGuire’s mother, Betty Davis, said she continues to hold out hope that her daughter’s body can be found. The family has a $150,000 reward for any information that leads to McGuire

Good to see some coverage. We really don't learn anything new here, BUT it keeps the case in the public's view. I wonder why in updates now we don't see or even hear much about her truck being parked and a unidentified man walking away from it in the rain. At least person saw a suspicious person walking on the road that morning. If LE puts it our there again maybe someone might see it and remember something.

Good to see some coverage. We really don't learn anything new here, BUT it keeps the case in the public's view. I wonder why in updates now we don't see or even hear much about her truck being parked and a unidentified man walking away from it in the rain. At least person saw a suspicious person walking on the road that morning. If LE puts it our there again maybe someone might see it and remember something.
Too bad the surveillance camera couldn’t catch more. It was pitch dark and in the middle of a thunderstorm! I think most people following the case have the same concensus about what happened. Just no proof. Very sad case.

Too bad the surveillance camera couldn’t catch more. It was pitch dark and in the middle of a thunderstorm! I think most people following the case have the same concensus about what happened. Just no proof. Very sad case.

There may be proof that we are not aware of yet. Not much has been said so I think they are working on building a case. These obviously take time to build. It may be the case in which they have found sufficient surveillance evidence, but just not have released it yet. One of the main potential suspects lawyered up on day 1 so the prosecuting team needs to be very careful what goes public.

The Crime Watch videos make a case for a possible suspect here. (It's not like some of us haven't suspected him all this time, though.) It seems like there is evidence and discovery of her remains would accelerate an arrest. I had imagined her body was destroyed, but if this guy used a bucket loader couldn't that be used to dig a grave? I imagine her remains are around - either on his property or the property of someone else he has access to. And that is the last piece of the puzzle.

Very interesting. I have been following this case from the very beginning and this is the first I have heard of her having a boyfriend. I have followed her FB account and to the best of my knowledge, this has never been mentioned.
She lived with her long time boyfriend and father to her son. He was abusive and she had filed charges against him in another state. It's all but assumed he is responsible for her disappearance and murder.

She lived with her long time boyfriend and father to her son. He was abusive and she had filed charges against him in another state. It's all but assumed he is responsible for her disappearance and murder.
I meant the new friend/boyfriend who she was going to meet, or he was coming to meet her. Sounds like someone might have been jealous. It also mentioned that she was getting ready to move out of her home with long time boyfriend. I hadn’t heard that before either.

That bf, Mcintosh, is a monster. He filed papers stating Peggy ran away so he could get full custody of their child. He also refused to let Peggy's family see him. I also believe there are records of his abuse against her in another state.

There may be proof that we are not aware of yet. Not much has been said so I think they are working on building a case. These obviously take time to build. It may be the case in which they have found sufficient surveillance evidence, but just not have released it yet. One of the main potential suspects lawyered up on day 1 so the prosecuting team needs to be very careful what goes public.
I think we will have to wait for DNA tests to become more sophisticated to actually get some results from the blood found in the home.

That bf, Mcintosh, is a monster. He filed papers stating Peggy ran away so he could get full custody of their child. He also refused to let Peggy's family see him. I also believe there are records of his abuse against her in another state.
You are right. It was a strangulation case in Indiana.

I think the other boyfriend, Richard, is what gives credit to McIntosh's case. Without him, this case probably would have already wrapped up.

I spent many summers traveling through Oklahoma as a kid of parents who liked to be in the outdoors. I've followed Peggy McGuire's case since the beginning as we spent time camping a fews years not far from where she was from over 25-30 years ago around Lake Eufaula and others. Something that has stuck with me is that the person (most likely male) who left her truck at the Ice House or Bar had to KNOW about the cameras and that is why the person chose to park it in the farthest spot away from the camera and when it was storming so bad that night. This person is obviously NOT stupid and has some intelligence by choosing to do both of those things park as far away as possible and had to know about the camera's. Why else would he have taken a chance on someone seeing him from one of the other buildings where someone could still be loitering and hanging around after hours. This Bar from what I have gathered online is not in the town it is a bit on the outskirts and a bit isolated. It has been mentioned more than once that Peggy McGuire did not drink or go to Bars that would have been like that one. I believe I remember it mentioning that she did not drink alcohol in more than one article in the beginning. What I find interesting also is that from message boards on other sources it was mentioned that the main suspect father of their child that he had made inquires about Insurance or Money at some point in the beginning of Peggy's disappearance. Soon after it seems he suddenly picked up and moved out of that area and gained custody of Peggy and his Son and was requesting that the Grandparents not be allowed to see him due to what happened to his mother.The mention about her new boyfriend I did read an article that pretty much eliminated him due to him being verified working too far away to be able to be in that area between the time of Peggy's disappearance. I have always had a gut feeling that this is most definitely someone she knows well and that she would not have been afraid to open the door or talk to them. As for the person who saw the person walking away from the Ice House/Bar that did say that the closer they got to the person the more they seemed to walk off the roadside area and down into a ditch and near a treeline area. That definitely sent alarm bells because this person did NOT want to be seen or identified. However if the person who saw the male walking off the roadside and down into the ditch and near the tree line that means he or she was concentrating on them and may in fact have seen their face or know who the person was and be able to identify them. One thing about Small Towns like this is that they tend to have bigger SECRETS than those in larger cities and many people who may witness something they shouldn't see would simply just put it out of mind and not talk about it to anyone. I thought I read somewhere in online source that there was more than one vehicle on the road the person who passed the person walking and then another vehicle coming from other direction and kept driving. This case definitely bothers me and so many others the reason mainly is because of her Son. That he did not get to grow up having his mother and may even think that she simply abandoned him or that it may be his fault. One thing about things done in Darkness they ALWAYS are brought into the Light at some point. I pray for her family and all these families of the Missing/Disappeared I truly believe that it is the not knowing of what has happened to them that will engulf what life these family members have left after a loved one has disappeared.

On November 15, 2015, nurse and mother Peggy McGuire dropped her son off at school near Eufaula, Oklahoma. The 29-year-old then headed back to the home she shared with the boy and his father, with whom she reportedly no longer had a romantic relationship. A grainy security video, captured the next morning around 5:00 a.m., shows Peggy's Toyota truck being parked at T&J's Ice House, a rural bar along Highway 9. A dark, unidentified figure can be seen walking away from the vehicle during an early-morning storm. In the three years since, there have been few clues uncovered in the case. Thousands continue to follow the Facebook page ‘Bring Peggy Home!!!!’ and post encouraging messages and memories of Peggy.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Thank You for posting that link this is one I have not seen yet but am definitely interested in reading this one. There was also another female from not to far from where Peggy was from that also disappeared and her body may have been recovered recently. Here is the thing that she too has not had her case closed or anyone arrested for her Disappearance or Murder most likely. I know skeletal remains were found I think two years later with part of the uniform that the victim had to wear for work. There are some similarities in the case as well. For the life of me I cannot think of her name at this moment. I will try to locate it and see if there is a post for her as well here.

Haskell County Sheriff's Office investigates possible skeletal remains

"The Haskell County Sheriff's Office is investigating after possible skeletal remains were found deep in the woods in the rural eastern part of the county.

Right now, they're trying to identify who they belong to. "

If you do a search from McIntosh County to Haskell County, it's appx an hour drive. Not out of the question to possibly be Peggy.....

This article doesn't say where the remains are found so I'm unsure if it is the same are as the link above or a new area.

Volunteers Searching For McAlester Woman Find More Human Remains

We have new information in the investigation into the 2017 disappearance of a McAlester woman. On February 2nd, volunteers with OKC Metro Search and Rescue and family members were searching for Holly Cantrell believe they found more human remains near Lake Eufaula.

Cantrell went missing while on her lunch break more than two years ago. Investigators found human remains last year, but are still waiting on DNA results for an identification.

The Oklahoma Medical Examiner will analyze the newly found remains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back