Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't know, but it seems to me that the post counts are way down. At least on the threads I'm watching. A lot of regulars seem to be sitting out since the change. I don't know the reason, but some are saying they are getting a better experience while logged out. I'm sure the Conversations feature is also sucking a lot of posts out of the threads.

Could you make the New Posts display the same for users who logged in, as they do for guests? That way people wouldn't have to log out to hide the game threads. Or just hide the game threads entirely from searches. People who want to participate in those threads can go and do so, but they wouldn't show up in Watched Threads, or New Posts.

I’m still having difficulty landing in the chosen place on the first attempt. Regardless of the method of entry, whether it is Search-Watched Threads-Up to the minute-Most recent, etc. Sometimes it takes me right to it, but more often it’s not the case. For this reason I know I’m not posting nearly as much.

Will this forum ever go back on tapatalk? I confess I’m not always home and viewing the forum on my phone or tablet is difficult

Have you tried it on your tablet since the move? I don't have a tablet, but this new software is supposed to adapt to whatever device you use so there is no need for an app.

Just pointing out again that 'search' and 'your content' are still only showing results from 26th May or older.

In case it has gone unnoticed.

Search results ordered by most recent:

Screenshot_2018-06-10-12-48-19.png

My 'your content' results:

Screenshot_2018-06-10-12-48-54.png

WTH is the "private forum" ?

Re trophy points perhaps they could have a redeem value against naughty points ? A get out of jail free card? 50
trophy points to 1 naughty point perhaps? :)

I use history all the time. I do find this forum is slower to load and jump between threads .

If you are logged out - then you can't see the posts in the "Private Forum". Maybe that's what the discrepancy is??

That's my best guess! :)

Last edited:
To me it looks like posts are up to around 2000 day at least over the last four days. When I looked before, when we were on the old system, it was often around 1500. I notice the post number when I am quoting posts and mentally work it out sometimes. I have no idea how accurate it is though, so take it as MOO.
Well I don't know, but it seems to me that the post counts are way down. At least on the threads I'm watching. A lot of regulars seem to be sitting out since the change. I don't know the reason, but some are saying they are getting a better experience while logged out. I'm sure the Conversations feature is also sucking a lot of posts out of the threads.

Could you make the New Posts display the same for users who logged in, as they do for guests? That way people wouldn't have to log out to hide the game threads. Or just hide the game threads entirely from searches. People who want to participate in those threads can go and do so, but they wouldn't show up in Watched Threads, or New Posts.

I hate to be a nag, but has anyone devised a way yet to hide/mute the Game forum? I usually don’t even log in any more because I have found that when I’m not logged in, I can just hit “Recent Posts” and see actual newsworthy threads. When I take the time to log in and click “New Posts” all of sudden there are Game posts everywhere. I have anxiety and OCD and for some reason this really bothers me. :confused: I feel myself starting to hyperventilate just thinking about it!

I really miss the mute function from the old site! I know I can "watch" threads here, but I still have to weed through all the game/off topics to even find threads worth watching. And that has to be done every time I log in if I want to stay current. So much easier and logical to mute what you don't want to see in the first place. :(

As a long-time lurker, not being logged in is inconvenient but it works for me (although when not logged in every single apostrophe and quotation mark show up as multiple numbers and characters like #%1$3# which is hard to read). Again, sorry to be such a pest! :oops:
I’m logged in and all the posts previous to the change to the new forum have all those symbols for apostrophes and quotation marks. Drives me batty reading old threads. :(

Will there be a table with most trophy points? Like "Poster of the month"?

Click on the number next to your trophy points. To see the complete list, click on View All Available Trophies at the bottom of that box.

I can't see any value in have Likes or Trophy Points. Most people want Thanks, not Likes because they have two different connotations, e.g. if you post about a death and someone Likes it ... ugh. Why do we need Trophy points at all.

Tricia doesn't care for the Likes either but explained that it's virtually impossible to change it. My suggestion, if it's possible, is delete Likes and Trophies and add a Thanks box at the bottom of the posts.

RE: Points/Trophy points.
When I’m reading posts, the box in the upper right hand column that has your name/avatar list “points”. Only when I post, do I see the trophy points (not points).

I’ve been getting redirected when I click on “alerts”. To one of the “congrats, you just won...” type of pages. It really only happens when I go to click my alerts.

On the topic of alerts, I am finding I don’t get alerts many of the times when people respond to a thread I’m following. It’s hit or miss and seems to be at random.

I’ve been getting redirected when I click on “alerts”. To one of the “congrats, you just won...” type of pages. It really only happens when I go to click my alerts.

On the topic of alerts, I am finding I don’t get alerts many of the times when people respond to a thread I’m following. It’s hit or miss and seems to be at random.
Hi Bears10. That should not be happening at all. Could you please send me a screenshot of the page you get when you click your Alerts? Is anyone else having trouble with Alerts?

Hi Bears10. That should not be happening at all. Could you please send me a screenshot of the page you get when you click your Alerts? Is anyone else having trouble with Alerts?

Tricia I’m not getting a congrat thing, though my Alerts are still erratic...hit or miss.

If you get a post deleted by a mod, do you get a naughty point? A recent post of mine has disappeared but I didn't think it was particularly naughty but perhaps politically insensitive....

I hope I'm not repeating a question... I have read most of the q&a, but haven't seen it. Can I still find cases by state? I used to like to look at all the Louisiana threads . It was hard to find the way to do it on the old one, but I really don't know how here. Any input? Thank you! :)

I hope I'm not repeating a question... I have read most of the q&a, but haven't seen it. Can I still find cases by state? I used to like to look at all the Louisiana threads . It was hard to find the way to do it on the old one, but I really don't know how here. Any input? Thank you! :)

Yes, you can. Go to the forum you want to sort and it's down at the bottom of the page there is a very faint orange text on a white tab that says "Thread Display Options". Click that, then choose your prefix and click "Set Option" button and it will bring up all the LA threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419