Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

This chilling funeral service booklet shows the family murdered in the Margaret River massacre standing alongside their killer grandfather.

Peter Miles shot dead his wife Cynda, their daughter Katrina and her four children - daughter Taye, 13, and sons Rylan, 12, Arye, 10, and Kadyn, eight - at the family farm in Osmington on May 11.

A funeral service was held at the Crematorium Chapel in Bunbury for Katrina, 35, and her children on Wednesday morning, with about 150 people attending.

At a separate service for her 58-year-old mother Cynda and father Peter, 61, mourners were handed a booklet which showed a photo of the six victims smiling with the gunman.

Read more: Margaret River massacre: Funeral service picture shows the family alongside killer grandfather | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This chilling funeral service booklet shows the family murdered in the Margaret River massacre standing alongside their killer grandfather.

Peter Miles shot dead his wife Cynda, their daughter Katrina and her four children - daughter Taye, 13, and sons Rylan, 12, Arye, 10, and Kadyn, eight - at the family farm in Osmington on May 11.

A funeral service was held at the Crematorium Chapel in Bunbury for Katrina, 35, and her children on Wednesday morning, with about 150 people attending.

At a separate service for her 58-year-old mother Cynda and father Peter, 61, mourners were handed a booklet which showed a photo of the six victims smiling with the gunman.

Read more: Margaret River massacre: Funeral service picture shows the family alongside killer grandfather | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I guess the brothers want people to think of and remember the better times. And who can blame them for that. They have one huge horror story to deal with for the rest of their lives.

In the days and weeks since the tragedy Red Cross volunteers have been offering support to the community.

The agency's Kate Brady said they'd given out around 500 so-called trauma teddies to local children, to comfort them in their grief.

"Trauma teddies are these little teddy bears that are knitted by volunteers from around the country and it's something we've been doing for about 30 years after disasters and other distressing events," Ms Brady said.

"It can be a really gentle way to engage children.

'I miss you so much': Margaret River community gathers to mourn family killed in mass shooting

My daughter has one of these teddies. Ambos gave it to her when she had to have a traumatic ambulance ride when she was quite little. The teddies are lovely, and retain a special place.

Aaron Cockman, warmly embraced fellow mourners and appeared to stay close to his father Philip during the first service, which included young families with bouquets of flowers.

But he didn't return to the chapel later in the day to join the estimated crowd of 400 at the second service for the entire family, including Katrina's parents, shooter Peter, 61, and Cynda, 58.

At the second service, Mr Miles' son, Neil, gave one of the eulogies and songs were played including These Days by Powderfinger and Three Little Birds by Bob Marley.
Mourners farewell tragic WA family

Another close friend, who visited the family just days before the shooting, said: “Cynda told us Peter had gone onto antidepressants in the last few weeks. I feel for the sake of society that these mind-altering drugs should be exposed as dangerous.”
“(Cynda) said to me, ‘There are a few difficulties at home.’ Peter was becoming less rational and that was a worry to her,” Ms Haynes said.

The Australian newspaper yesterday reported Ms Miles told friend Cath Miller the day before the mass shooting that her husband’s depression was getting “worse and worse”.

“Peter seems to be getting worse and worse so I don’t know that he is going to be able to do the yeomans plough — can you find someone else? Really sorry to let you down but I thought better to let you know than hand on hoping he improves,” Ms Miles wrote in a Facebook message to Ms Miller.

The following morning, as news spread of the deaths, Ms Miller messaged Ms Miles: “Just checking to see if you are ok.”
Margaret River massacre: Depression drug clue to grandfather’s murder of family | PerthNow

In the days and weeks since the tragedy Red Cross volunteers have been offering support to the community.

The agency's Kate Brady said they'd given out around 500 so-called trauma teddies to local children, to comfort them in their grief.

"Trauma teddies are these little teddy bears that are knitted by volunteers from around the country and it's something we've been doing for about 30 years after disasters and other distressing events," Ms Brady said.

"It can be a really gentle way to engage children.

'I miss you so much': Margaret River community gathers to mourn family killed in mass shooting

My daughter has one of these teddies. Ambos gave it to her when she had to have a traumatic ambulance ride when she was quite little. The teddies are lovely, and retain a special place.
I have knitted some of those teddies for our local police station.

The young officers that would have attended (Osmington) and the scientific officers who would have attended go through very similar experiences to what any troop, any member of the armed services on the frontline goes through.

"Except these young police officers go through it almost on a regular basis.

"I'd also say to these young coppers who attended, realise again that it will affect you down the track and you need to be mindful of that.

"The impact is not just on you, but your families as well.
'I've been through this': Former cop details trauma of mass killings

It is understood Cynda’s body was found inside the family home on a rural hobby farm in Osmington. Katrina and the children were discovered in a nearby two-bedroom flat on the family farm, where they all lived.

Mr Miles was found slumped in a chair on the veranda with a firearm between his legs and head wounds. Yesterday, the bodies of the seven family members were removed from the farm.

Margaret River shootings: Why was a beautiful WA family gunned down? | PerthNow

It is understood Cynda’s body was found inside the family home on a rural hobby farm in Osmington. Katrina and the children were discovered in a nearby two-bedroom flat on the family farm, where they all lived.

Mr Miles was found slumped in a chair on the veranda with a firearm between his legs and head wounds. Yesterday, the bodies of the seven family members were removed from the farm.

Margaret River shootings: Why was a beautiful WA family gunned down? | PerthNow
That article is more about what a good man he was than anything else. He is not a good man in my eyes, especially with the knowledge that the gunshots were heard to be very spaced out. It seems that he didn't go into his daughters home and kill them all quickly. The witness who heard the shots said that they were some time apart.

In years to come, no-one is going to give a darn 'why' he murdered his wife, daughter, and grandchildren. He will be known as a mass murderer.

When people read about mass murders in the future, Peter Miles name will come up as a perpetrator. What a terrible legacy he has left behind for his remaining two sons. A real blight on their future. I only hope that they can somehow move forward, at some point in time.

I hope more doctors follow up on their patients when antidepressants are prescribed.

“gone to doctors for help”.
“It seems the antidepressants he had been prescribed were not working,” she said, adding that some antidepressant medication had “no warnings on the box” but came with the risk of “terrible side effects” including suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming others.
Another close friend, who visited the family just days before the shooting, said: “Cynda told us Peter had gone onto antidepressants in the last few weeks. I feel for the sake of society that these mind-altering drugs should be exposed as dangerous.”
Margaret River massacre: Depression drug clue to grandfather’s murder of family | PerthNow

Two of the many side effects of antidepressants are fatigue and drowsiness.

I wonder if these meds were put into the family’s food or drink. Is that why they didn’t move from their beds?
Will there be an inquest?

Aaron & Katrina lived with her parents for 6 years until they moved out to build their home. They borrowed money from her parents and then the father wanted the money back.
Aaron and Katrina started fighting so she moved back home with the four children.

Aaron’s mother said the children were groomed to hate them...she said it was wicked.

Aaron & his mum believe that Peter wanted to take his life but didn’t want to leave the rest to battle on with out him.

He left a very short signed, hand written suicide note saying that Aaron to get the contents of the property.

I find that strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back