Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can. Go to the forum you want to sort and it's down at the bottom of the page there is a very faint orange text on a white tab that says "Thread Display Options". Click that, then choose your prefix and click "Set Option" button and it will bring up all the LA threads.
Ok, I'm going try!!! Thank you so much! Wish me luck......

Send me the name you would like to use and I will change it for you. I used my real name too when I first started checking out the Internet. But alas, I didn't know how to change it. Heck, I barely knew how to log on to anything. LOL. My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Tricia, sent you an email, not sure if you received it? Just let me know if I need to resend, thanks!

Tricia I’m not getting a congrat thing, though my Alerts are still erratic...hit or miss.

What do you mean by erratic? Have you adjusted your alert settings? There are a couple different places to change the alerts you see. The first is to hover over Alert and then when the drop down box comes up select "Alert Preferences". But it seems like the alert settings for watched forums are not under this option. When you first select "Watch Forum" it will give some different options for alerts. You can choose to get alerts for new threads or for new messages, but for some reason you cannot choose to get alerts for BOTH new threads and new messages from a watched forum. The only way I have found to change the alert settings for the watched forums is by selecting "Unwatch Forum", then choosing to watch it again and choose different options. HTH.

Hi Bears10. That should not be happening at all. Could you please send me a screenshot of the page you get when you click your Alerts? Is anyone else having trouble with Alerts?

Sure, see attached, I just got these two back to back while trying to view your post from my alerts.

Attachments

• 25F6A6AD-2FD0-4770-8499-CC86242342F7.png
    25F6A6AD-2FD0-4770-8499-CC86242342F7.png
    257.6 KB · Views: 38
  • B1EF3083-1C55-409E-B52F-8709D0E3CEEA.png
    B1EF3083-1C55-409E-B52F-8709D0E3CEEA.png
    257.2 KB · Views: 34
What do you mean by erratic? Have you adjusted your alert settings? There are a couple different places to change the alerts you see. The first is to hover over Alert and then when the drop down box comes up select "Alert Preferences". But it seems like the alert settings for watched forums are not under this option. When you first select "Watch Forum" it will give some different options for alerts. You can choose to get alerts for new threads or for new messages, but for some reason you cannot choose to get alerts for BOTH new threads and new messages from a watched forum. The only way I have found to change the alert settings for the watched forums is by selecting "Unwatch Forum", then choosing to watch it again and choose different options. HTH.

For me, I only get alerts sometimes. Say for instance I’ll get an alert that someone replied to this thread or quoted my post. But later on when someone replies or quotes my post, I won’t receive an alert. Then I will the next few times, so on so forth. It has nothing to do with my preferences.

For me, I only get alerts sometimes. Say for instance I’ll get an alert that someone replied to this thread or quoted my post. But later on when someone replies or quotes my post, I won’t receive an alert. Then I will the next few times, so on so forth. It has nothing to do with my preferences.

Oh, weird. I don't get any alerts for replies to a thread unless someone quotes me or adds a file to the thread (I selected those options). So I guess I have not noticed it for that reason. I unchecked getting alerts for all replies to my watched threads since I follow so many threads I would never be able to get through all the "XXXX replied" alerts. I go to my watched thread list to see which threads have new replies.

I asked about this in Forum Finesse, and also pm'd Tricia & another mod; I've been a member here since 2005 (I posted a lot during the Laci Peterson case). Anyway, when I try to revisit older threads, I get a message that I'm not allowed to access them. I've never been banned, or even timed out. Can anyone help?
Thanks!

I asked about this in Forum Finesse, and also pm'd Tricia & another mod; I've been a member here since 2005 (I posted a lot during the Laci Peterson case). Anyway, when I try to revisit older threads, I get a message that I'm not allowed to access them. I've never been banned, or even timed out. Can anyone help?
Thanks!

Which threads are you referring to @GarAndTeed? We can see what everyone else sees.

Oh, weird. I don't get any alerts for replies to a thread unless someone quotes me or adds a file to the thread (I selected those options). So I guess I have not noticed it for that reason. I unchecked getting alerts for all replies to my watched threads since I follow so many threads I would never be able to get through all the "XXXX replied" alerts. I go to my watched thread list to see which threads have new replies.

Same here.

And today my alerts said 56 which as per my selected preferences could never be. Additionally, when I opened it I got ‘you have no alerts’. Neither were correct, as I had less than 5.

Hmmm, I was doing my Likes and got an error message that I have No permission to perform/view the page. BUT ONLY on the ones that are describing China and Korea. This is weird. Can someone try to Like Shiressleuth and Tortoise post starting at 124 and let me know?

Hmmm, I was doing my Likes and got an error message that I have No permission to perform/view the page. BUT ONLY on the ones that are describing China and Korea. This is weird. Can someone try to Like Shiressleuth and Tortoise post starting at 124 and let me know?

I don't see a post by Shire but I was able to "like" Tortoise's post 124.

Same here.

And today my alerts said 56 which as per my selected preferences could never be. Additionally, when I opened it I got ‘you have no alerts’. Neither were correct, as I had less than 5.

That is odd. I've never seen a message saying "you have no alerts". I can view all my past alerts. I wonder if it had to do with the China spam? The mods deleted all of that so if you got an alert about it maybe the alert gets deleted too? (I'm just guessing, I have no idea!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000