NOTGUILTY WI - Selah Kaden, 13, Suspicious Death, Mineral Point, 31 May 2018 *arrests*

Whiskers16

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Iowa County Sheriff's Office investigating 'suspicious' death

Female victim, 13, not yet named, died May 31 on Miller Road in Mineral Point, WI. Investigation could take a "considerable amount of time".

Death of 13-year-old girl in Mineral Point called suspicious

"there are no indications that the death involves child sex trafficking“

Sheriff's office investigates 'suspicious' death of 13-year-old girl in Mineral Point

"It lists 1049 Miller Road as the address. "

"The home on the release is listed as a pending sale online. News 3 reached out to a previous owner of the home. He said he sold the house about a year and a half ago, and he said the home was sold again in the last few months."

Death of 13-year-old girl in Mineral Point called suspicious - Wausau Pilot & Review

"The property [...] includes two homes and several buildings, and [...] a sign calling the complex Prairie Station. [...] property is owned by a limited liability corporation. The LLC’s registered agent, Madison attorney Peter Garson, declined to comment on how the property is being used and who lives there."

"property is within the district’s attendance boundary, but the teen did not attend school in the district."

Last edited:
Today I've learned: If enough voices carry on about a child's death on SM, LE will feel compelled to waste time saying they know & are investigating.

Phrasing in MSM article/video posits this one as possible accident not matching up with COD.

The property upgrade isn't as unusually concerning as homeschooled teens working hard for the family business. <Modsnip rude comment>

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I've learned: If enough voices carry on about a child's death on SM, LE will feel compelled to waste time saying they know & are investigating.
RSBM
Out of curiosity, have you seen these discussions on SM somewhere? I saw it referenced in the article but found nothing in ny searches.

Whenever a child dies outside of a medical facility or under a doctor's care, it is important to understand the circumstances. At WS, we have seen any number of child deaths that are initially reported one thing and turn out to be another. From my perspective they deserve privacy but if she died as a result of anything that would be criminal or negligent, it should be investigated and charges should be brought it warranted.

For those who may want to sleuth on their own, the video at this link includes a review which lists the business name and owner's first name.

Reminder that we can't name people or businesses here which have not yet been named in MSM in relation to the case.

There is nothing. Which, for some reason, seems quite strange to me. Was this poor young child buried? I cannot find anything listed under the cities mentioned. What made it suspicious? Was she a healthy child? Was she well nourished? Where are details that seem, IMHO, to be lacking in a suspicious death? That young life just gone. That hurts to read those words. Alas, my heart mourns another. As always, my opinions are just that. My opinions.

Comment section of every article covering the case- everyone believes it must be trafficking based on exactly nothing.

Can you possibly supply a link to the comments? I cannot find any comments that prompted LE to provide a week old update. She passed on May 31. The sheriff provided the information on June 6.

Here we are, 17 days later, with......anything? IMHO something does not pass my smell test here.

That station put together that video report. But no follow up? Sigh. Gone much to soon, unknown young girl.

Can you possibly supply a link to the comments? I cannot find any comments that prompted LE to provide a week old update. She passed on May 31. The sheriff provided the information on June 6.

Here we are, 17 days later, with......anything? IMHO something does not pass my smell test here.

That station put together that video report. But no follow up? Sigh. Gone much to soon, unknown young girl.
I couldnt find any comments at all on the stories Ive read so im not sure about the comments. Also after finding out the company name and the name of the dad it didnt get me anywhere. Couldnt even find an obituary.

Iowa County Sheriff's Office SM released their public statement on June 6th. This community has unaddressed questions about the nature of her death & identity, LE has decided to it's important they not believe there is a rampant child theft ring selling their children.

I've just gone back over a dozen articles, none of them have an open comment section now, which I'd believe LE requested media remove to quell 1 specific concern.

Hushing the crowd, doesn't stop them from asking. So sure enough, a look at ICSO's SM page shows that the locals haven't stopped worrying about this event.

Wondering how much money is involved with this kid's case being kept under the radar, would a poor family's child receive the same silent treatment or be somehow implicated in their own fate?

If LE doesn't want to field these questions, perhaps throw the dogs a bone, and they'll leave well enough alone.

(Haven't figured out how to quote a previous post, sorry!)

That's an impressive property! Maybe the family's lawyers are effective at hushing....

That's an impressive property! Maybe the family's lawyers are effective at hushing....

Just hit reply and it quotes! Havent figured out a smily or I would have added one lol

Very nice property considering the previous one that at last check was still being sold. Reminds me of a show that was on once where they moved to Beverly, Hills that is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back