Found Deceased KS - Ashley Meiss, 30, Ogden, 17 May 2018

I haven't finished reading the article, and I'm only on page 7 of the thread, but I see a few interesting things already.

The particular form of PTSD Ashley was suffering from included severe paranoia, and I can see why Tom used the word 'psychotic' in an earlier post now, because I was wondering about that word being chosen.

I'm wondering if the use of the app to cover the phone number of that call Ashley made might be consistent with a relapse in Ashley's prior paranoia?

I believe that the point of 'psychotic' is that it's not logical to anyone but the person suffering from it. And although Tom feels that Ashley would never want to miss big occasions with her children, in her mind she might be protecting them by avoiding them, and she might also avoid her parents and brothers and others she cares deeply about for the same reason. From what I'm reading, Ashley left in the apartment anything that could electronically trace to her (phone, debit cards) but she may have taken her door key? Again, the choice of leaving these items at home could be consistent with paranoia over being tracked down. It's dangerous to play amateur psychologist, obviously, but could that be a sign that she wanted subconsciously to leave open the avenue of returning some day?

Inconsistent with that theory is that Ashley appears to have stayed in the Ogden area for a few days at least. But could it have been an 'in development' phase and maybe that letter did switch something in her head, and in some way this kind of paranoia might have reappeared as a protection mechanism, so that instead of worrying about not seeing the children, the illness has turned it into she needs to stay away from them for their protection from the monsters out there (whatever the monsters are for Ashley).

Tom said Ashley left the Xanax, but didn't mention the mood-enhancing meds...is that because they couldn't be found in the apartment? But, even if Ashley took them with her (and it seems unlikely to take them out for a run?) there is still the point about refilling the prescription. What I just said about it not making sense to take the meds out for the run, the dog, the phone, and the doorkey are really the only things that make sense to me to take for the run...even if Ashley was dressed for a run, could that have been a cover? What was she wearing on the sightings after the run? If there's video of Ashley at the post office why isn't there a rough idea of what kind of clothing she was wearing in it?
I had asked about the clothes. I would expect that had Ashley been seen by people and her father has said she was seen on surveillance video at the post office so we should know if she was wearing the same clothes that she was supposedly wearing when she went for a run.

If she wasn't wearing the same clothes on video then either the post office visit was actually on May 17th (or prior) or Ashley had to change clothes at some point. And if she had changed clothes then I would question the story of Ashley not returning to her apartment or the part of the story of what she had taken with her.

Such a situation would point to the roommate needing to be interviewed again or that Ashley had clothes elsewhere besides her apartment and had actually stayed at that location and whoever knows that hasn't offered that up and if I were RCPD I would want to know who that is and why they hadn't spoken up.

I had asked about the clothes. I would expect that had Ashley been seen by people and her father has said she was seen on surveillance video at the post office so we should know if she was wearing the same clothes that she was supposedly wearing when she went for a run.

If she wasn't wearing the same clothes on video then either the post office visit was actually on May 17th (or prior) or Ashley had to change clothes at some point. And if she had changed clothes then I would question the story of Ashley not returning to her apartment or the part of the story of what she had taken with her.

Such a situation would point to the roommate needing to be interviewed again or that Ashley had clothes elsewhere besides her apartment and had actually stayed at that location and whoever knows that hasn't offered that up and if I were RCPD I would want to know who that is and why they hadn't spoken up.

Maybe, in my opinion, the roommate was not at home on the 17th and Ashley stayed in her apartment alone.
Clothes on the 18th?? It was hot here that week so jogging clothes and "to stay cool clothes"????

Surveillance cameras. If Ashley got an official letter with signature return recruit, she would have had to pick it up at the counter. So, post office surveillance could have picked her up.
Community Center. Maybe the outside cameras didn't pick her up because the sun was breaking through the trees causing "light blind"? Maybe the inside cameras didn't pick her up because she followed someone in and stepped aside and walked to where the cameras only picked up only a glimpse of her but not enough for positive id? Maybe when she left, she took the same path out and the outside cameras were still in "light blind". So, RCPD has to rely on eye witness' reports?
Does the entrance area of the Community Center still look like this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-13_00-49-46.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-13_00-49-46.png
    779.9 KB · Views: 49
Is this community Center in Junction City?

No it's in Ogden, it has a little library, meeting room, and I think a pool or ping pong table inside, and then there's a playground and pool outside.

Pretty much everything in Ogden is within walking distance. So all the places she was said to be at before she went missing, the post office, community center and bar are all on the same street.

No it's in Ogden, it has a little library, meeting room, and I think a pool or ping pong table inside, and then there's a playground and pool outside.

Pretty much everything in Ogden is within walking distance. So all the places she was said to be at before she went missing, the post office, community center and bar are all on the same street.
Is it known where her apartment was located?

You may not be a VI but you are a local and can answer questions about the town and area, I think just not questions about Ashley or her disappearance.

"Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator
Please note that only the owners and administration are privy to members who are on the verified list. Generally only one administrator works on the verifications, but other administrators may be asked to help if the need warrants.

Insiders

If you have not known the family or friends prior to the incident, you most likely will not need to be verified. There are certain instances where this becomes necessary like in the case where a private investigator is hired and wants to post as an insider. Websleuths does not condone our members getting involved in crime cases unless there is something the member can do that will make a difference. Please contact law enforcement with any tips.

Professional posters:
When you send in your information, please scan your license and attach to your email at the same time. That will expedite the process.

Locals:
We no longer verify locals.
It became way too time consuming and we didn't feel it was necessary. However, if a moderator deems that a poster seems to be more of an insider than a local, we will ask that you become verified before posting information that is not in the mainstream media. Otherwise, you are free to post about your area and what you've observed."

See, I can't be a VI. I know some of the players, but as "town folks". Meaning that I have seen them around town, the Community Center and the few businesses.
When I post about my observations, someone gets silly and takes my post down.

Is there active searches still taking place? Just seems like things are settling down and getting quite. And we all know if AM face doesn’t stay active and in the public’s eye then it slowly becomes another unsolved cold case.

Is there active searches still taking place? Just seems like things are settling down and getting quite. And we all know if AM face doesn’t stay active and in the public’s eye then it slowly becomes another unsolved cold case.

Yes, there was one last weekend. I got permission tonight to search a plot on private property on the river, but the land owner has been mushroom hunting it lately. So, the search that will be conducted tomorrow will probably be a waste to of time. But it will be searched and crossed off the map. I will have to let the unofficial search coordinator know when I am done. The land owner only gave me permission to search. Most of the plot is really overgrown and way off the beaten path.

Authorities and family members tell Dateline it’s unclear where Ashley stayed the night of Thursday, May 17. The next morning around 9:30 a.m., surveillance footage shows her walking into a nearby post office and picking up her mail.

Army veteran disappears from Kansas; family worried for her safety

I have been thinking about this also. Nobody knows where AM stayed on the 17th because she went to her apartment by herself? Did AM leave the bar before her temporary roommate, alone? Could her temporary roommate stayed somewhere else?

I have been thinking about this also. Nobody knows where AM stayed on the 17th because she went to her apartment by herself? Did AM leave the bar before her temporary roommate, alone? Could her temporary roommate stayed somewhere else?
Has it been verified that she went to her apartment? Is it possible she didn't go to her apartment after leaving the bar?

Yes, there was one last weekend. I got permission tonight to search a plot on private property on the river, but the land owner has been mushroom hunting it lately. So, the search that will be conducted tomorrow will probably be a waste to of time. But it will be searched and crossed off the map. I will have to let the unofficial search coordinator know when I am done. The land owner only gave me permission to search. Most of the plot is really overgrown and way off the beaten path.
Obviously you're all looking for a deceased AM. Any possibility she is alive and hiding out somewhere? Manhattan maybe? Is the general feeling suicide, homocide or missing because she wants to be missing?

Obviously you're all looking for a deceased AM. Any possibility she is alive and hiding out somewhere? Manhattan maybe? Is the general feeling suicide, homocide or missing because she wants to be missing?
Voluntary missing and/or homicide, maybe one the consequence of the other (opportunity for a perp).

Authorities and family members tell Dateline it’s unclear where Ashley stayed the night of Thursday, May 17. The next morning around 9:30 a.m., surveillance footage shows her walking into a nearby post office and picking up her mail.

Army veteran disappears from Kansas; family worried for her safety

First off, let's get a fact straight. Ashley was in the bar on THURSDAY not Friday. How do I know that? I was there and briefly talked to her, on THURSDAY. I talked to the bartenders that worked on FRIDAY and Ashley was never at the bar on FRIDAY.
<modsnip>

RBBM for focus

Thank you, @Ogden Resident, for your input and continuing effort to find Ashley. I cannot believe she has been missing for almost a month. In the meantime, LE really hasn’t shared much with the public. I am extremely worried about her.

From the most recent article on the case that I can find:

“RCPD Lieutenant Erin Freidline with the Investigations Division, has been working on a timeline to narrow down where she might be.

The last known contact with her was around the 17th, so we’re trying to focus on that time frame and go backwards from there and see who she was in contact with the week prior and then trying to move forward and keep continuing to check any leads,’ Freidline said.

RCPD has received several tips that people last saw her at the Ogden Community Center and Post Office on Friday May 18th but no other sightings.“ (BBM)
The search for Ashley Meiss continues

It’s starting to look more and more likely that there was a concerted effort by a group of people to make it appear as though Ashley was at the bar on Friday, when in fact she was there on Thursday, IMO.

I find it particularly interesting, @Ogden Resident, that you ask “Did AM leave the bar before her temporary roommate, alone?” Is it safe to assume, then, her temporary roommate was also at the bar on Thursday, May 17?

My understanding has been that the roommate stated Ashley told her early Thursday evening she was going for a jog, and that was the last time she saw her. Is Ice House a big place? I ask this because if not, and if the roommate was at the bar later that evening, it seems likely that she would have seen Ashley there.

If that was the case, and the roommate withheld that information intentionally, it makes me wonder what else she could be lying about, including whether Ashley returned to her apartment at any point after Thursday evening.

And what would be the reason for someone (or likely at least two people, IMO) to lie and say to LE and/or Ashley’s family she was there on Friday instead of Thursday?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back