Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience, many people (especially In the generations above me) think the face is a crying face, but it’s really supposed to be a “laughing so hard I’m crying” face.

Anyway, I would love for WS to move towards emojis and get rid of the outdated smilies. I see a LOT of very intelligent and savvy true crime lovers on other forums, but they are turned off by the older feel of WS... the main gripe I read about is the smiley faces and signatures lol. I love it here but understand their opinions.

Sorry my sig is so long, LOL So let me give it a try...

Emoji people trying to deal with smiley people -
cockroach-killer-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif

Hi. Have you tried clicking on 'watched threads'?

It's like the old 'subscribed threads' but actually works.

And it has its own button, rather than clicking on 'settings' to view it. (Well that's how I used to access it).

ETA: I've never used tapatalk, maybe it's not comparable.

Yes, thank you. I can get to all my watched/subscribed threads, it’s just so cumbersome and every place to “click” is so small, and I’m kinda blind-ish :). I may be nitpicking, but I liked the ease of a mobile format. Especially when I should be working, but I’m viewing WS cases. Don’t tell my boss ;)

Sorry my sig is so long, LOL So let me give it a try...

Emoji people trying to deal with smiley people -
cockroach-killer-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif

Lmao... so we are mice and cockroaches? Can I at least be the mouse? It took me a hot minute to realize that isn't a pink cat.

Anyway, I actually don't see signatures, I must have changed my setting when the platform first changed and I was fumbling around trying to familiarize myself.

This morning I was again not receiving notifications on some of my watched threads, but I did get notifications on said threads last night. I can't figure out if I am doing something wrong or what.

Lmao... so we are mice and cockroaches? Can I at least be the mouse? It took me a hot minute to realize that isn't a pink cat.

Anyway, I actually don't see signatures, I must have changed my setting when the platform first changed and I was fumbling around trying to familiarize myself.

This morning I was again not receiving notifications on some of my watched threads, but I did get notifications on said threads last night. I can't figure out if I am doing something wrong or what.
I can't figure it out either but I don't think it's erratic - seems I had no alerts then when I clicked on something else and went back I had 10 and they were all different time stamps, so it wasn't all at once. I just can't remember what else I clicked when the alerts showed up. Something similar happened with Watched Threads.

Over time we will see. (It is a pink cat BTW trying to step on a mouse.)

Yes, Watched Threads and History as well. Much work to navigate. The old New Posts had all the info one would need. Here, it's highly visible but essentially worth little to me.

If you bookmark the all watched threads page on your phone it’s much easier! (https://www.websleuths.com/forums/watched/threads/all)

Then at the top you see all threads with new replies and below those you see watched threads with no new replies...similar to how it was on Tapatalk.

When I put my mouse over the green triangle on someone's avatar, it just says that the person is online, not that they are still viewing the specific thread.

Oh.... I guess I misunderstood what it meant. I can't hover on the iPad. Sorry for any confusion, and thank you for the corrected meaning.

Oh.... I guess I misunderstood what it meant. I can't hover on the iPad. Sorry for any confusion, and thank you for the corrected meaning.

On an iPad if you tap on a members name a window will open with the users member since, messages, likes received, trophy points and if the member is online it will state what they are currently viewing.

Signatures show up when you turn the phone sideways.

I know I keep saying this, (maybe I should have it in a signature? :) ) but if you are on a phone, I suggest to do that before saying "where's such and such?".

I thought it was a cat and mouse.

Last edited:
Signatures show up when you turn the phone sideways.

I know I keep saying this, (maybe I should have it in a signature? :) ) but if you are on a phone, I suggest to do that before saying "where's such and such?".

I thought it was a cat and mouse.

I wasn’t complaining about not seeing signatures, nor was I looking for a way to be able to see them. Thank you though.

Eta - it’s a mouse and cockroach

Please don't hate me if this has been answered before. I am overwhelmed by trying to read everything. Is there a way to see a list of all the posts you have made? Is there a way to see a list of the posts that you thanked,or like now?

If you get a post deleted by a mod, do you get a naughty point? A recent post of mine has disappeared but I didn't think it was particularly naughty but perhaps politically insensitive....

From day one I am amazed that many of you can tell if a post has been removed!

Ha I am such an idiot I just accidently discovered those magnificent little green dots that take one the latest post -- just awesome !

Please don't hate me if this has been answered before. I am overwhelmed by trying to read everything. Is there a way to see a list of all the posts you have made? Is there a way to see a list of the posts that you thanked,or like now?

Tap or click on Members (top of page), type in your user name in the search bar (right side of page), tap or click on your name. A page will open with different tabs that will have the info you’re looking for. You can also enter another members name in the search to see their posts.

Click on you user name in blue in the upper right corner. A screen will come up with a Members tab highlighted in black at the top. There will be several white tabs-- "Profile Posts", "Recent Activity", "Postings" and "Information". Click on the Postings tab to see all your recent posts. Recent activity shows everything you have done recently including your posts and your likes. Under the Information tab you can also choose to see all your posts or all your threads.

You can also use the History tab (On the black bar under the forums menu), which will show you the last 20 threads you have visited. If you want to just any see new posts from the threads you have commented on in the past go to "Watched threads" -- on the same black bar next to "History".

I didn't suggest you were complaining. You said you couldn't see signatures so I suggested what to do. Are you using a phone? If so did it work?

I wasn’t complaining about not seeing signatures, nor was I looking for a way to be able to see them. Thank you though.

Eta - it’s a mouse and cockroach

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members