Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows how close the gun was to his eye when the trigger was pulled. Doesn't mean he pulled the trigger IMO.
Shows how close the gun was to his right hand when the trigger was pulled. For a while now (before this) I was thinking it was possible for the defence to say he could have fell over onto his right hand after pulling the trigger himself. With the soot there that seems much less likely.

Herath says Millard's left eye had a gunshot wound, situated close to the nose. It measured 1 cm by 1 cm. There was a also a small tissue flap, he says, from the wound.
by Adam Carter 10:55 AM

We're now seeing a photo of Millard body on the autopsy table. His left eye is basically gone.
by Adam Carter 10:56 AM

"We see these types of injuries in gunshot wounds or perforations to the eye," Herath says.
by Adam Carter 10:57 AM

Herath says Millard's upper and lower eyelids were also lacerated.
by Adam Carter 10:58 AM

We're now seeing an extreme closeup of Millard's eye socket, opened up on the autopsy table. Lots of people turning away from the screens, and a few audible little groans in the courtroom. Someone just walked out.
by Adam Carter 10:59 AM

Herath says it's most likely that Wayne Millard's eye was closed when the gunshot wound happened.
by Adam Carter 11:00 AM

We're now talking about the trajectory of the bullet. The bullet passed through the left eye and into Millard's brain. It was found in the right parietal lobe and was deformed at the tip, Herath says. "I handed over the bullet to police," he says.
by Adam Carter 11:03 AM

Herath says the bullet did minimum damage to the bone of the skull, because of space in the skull for the eye.
by Adam Carter 11:06 AM

"It's unlikely it hit a bone at the entrance," he says. It's likely it went in a straight line and didn't hit anything to change direction, he says.
by Adam Carter 11:07 AM

To deposit gunpowder like around Millard's eye, there has to be a little space between the barrel of the gun and the eye, Herath says.
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM

A little bit out of context but I was looking at the pics of Maple Gate presented at the LB trial compared to those in this trial and noticed that DM's passport was only valid for 2 years from 23 July 2012. Wasn't that around the time he went to Croatia? At 3.36 in this video:

So he didn't touch the barrel of the gun to his face if the gunpowder left those deposits. I would think someone committing suicide would touch the gun to their body directly. Dellen probably didn't want to wake up his dad with the cold metal on his dad's eye.

I was thinking the 'back' of the hand would be the 'palm', but I was wrong..
Hand Anatomy, Pictures & Diagram | Body Maps

Hands are capable of a wide variety of functions, including gross and fine motor movements. Gross motor movements allow us to pick up large objects or perform heavy labor. Fine motor movements enable us to perform delicate tasks, such as holding small objects or performing detailed work.

The complex abilities of the hand are part of what make humans unique. Only humans have the ability to bring our thumbs across the hand to connect with our ring and pinkie fingers. This ability provides us with the dexterity to use tools. It also gives us a forceful grip.

The hand can be considered in four segments:

• Fingers: Digits that extend from the palm of the hand, the fingers make it possible for humans to grip the smallest of objects.
  • Palm: This is the bottom of the body of the hand.
  • Back (opisthenar): The back of the hand shows the dorsal venous network, a web of veins.
  • Wrist: The connection point between the arm and the hand, the wrist enables hand movements.

Jun 13 2018 11:10 AM
"In your opinion, where was the gun in relation to Mr. Millard's eye?" Cameron asks. "It was either partially touching or about a centimetre away from the eye," Herath responds.

Jun 13 2018 11:12 AM
Herath says the bullet travelled from left to right in Millard's body.

Jun 13 2018 11:14 AM
The Crown is now asking about Herath's examination of Millard's liver. He says there was inflammation of the liver. That can happen due to alcohol, or medications.

With a toy gun I just tried to get into this position, thumb or finger ...he would have needed to have short arms like an alligator or the impact and him stretching to get the shot would have had him laying on his back when found. smh

"In your opinion, where was the gun in relation to Mr. Millard's eye?" Cameron asks. "It was either partially touching or about a centimetre away from the eye," Herath responds.
by Adam Carter 11:10 AM

Herath says the bullet travelled from left to right in Millard's body.
by Adam Carter 11:12 AM

The Crown is now asking about Herath's examination of Millard's liver. He says there was inflammation of the liver. That can happen due to alcohol, or medications.
by Adam Carter 11:14 AM

Jun 13 2018 11:16 AM
Cameron now asking how much Millard had to drink before his death, based on the examination of his liver. He says Millard's body didn't appear to have a lot of alcohol or opioids in his blood.

1. Verified account 22h22 hours ago
    The insurance broker left at one point, and then the rest of the people there kept discussing finances, Barnes says. #Millard

0 replies0 retweets8 likes

2. Verified account 22h22 hours ago
    Another employee was there, as well as Dellen Millard. The meeting was to start at 10:30 a.m. It went until 1:30 p.m. #Millard

0 replies0 retweets8 likes

3. Verified account 22h22 hours ago
    They were meeting with an insurance broker, and Millard's home. #Millard

0 replies0 retweets11 likes

I can't find where it was said that Millard left at the same time as either Barnes or the other employee. I'm certain I did read it somewhere though.
Dellen said he left at the same time in his video testimony

Cameron now asking how much Millard had to drink before his death, based on the examination of his liver. He says Millard's body didn't appear to have a lot of alcohol or opioids in his blood.
by Adam Carter 11:16 AM

Herath says he requested a toxicology screen, but it wasn't done -- because an "expert panel" decided it wasn't necessary. "They met and decided not to do it," he says. But, Millard's blood was collected and stored.
by Adam Carter 11:18 AM

Herath says it's not his job to classify a death as a homicide or suicide. "I provide and collect information," he says.
by Adam Carter 11:18 AM

Herath says the cause of the death was a gunshot wound to the head.
by Adam Carter 11:19 AM

The Crown asks how long a person could live after a gunshot wound like this. "I would say he would die immediately, within seconds," Herath responds.
by Adam Carter 11:20 AM

We're now seeing an x-ray of Millard's head -- you can clearly see the bullet, sitting in his skull.
by Adam Carter 11:21 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member