MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcomeani-smiley-face.gif
Ubee - to WS & this thread!

Are you planning on attending any of the hearings? Trial? We could use a "inside" reporter at the trial! :)

Woo, I never even thought of that. And thanks for the welcome. I might try it, I'd like to think I could. I need to read up on what's okay to report back, I do not want to compromise his trial or anything. But i will see what i can do!
I've had a few icidental, passing run ins with KY and he has evil eyes and scares me more than anyone I've ever met. I used to work on weekends at a record store him and his band and Kara and their friends frequented. And I'm about 85 to 90 percent sure JC himself gave me a way too detailed account on what happened to Kara, before anyone suspected Kylr, in that store. I immediately closed shop and locked myself behind 3 doors and called police, not sure if they ever looked into it or not. Whoo boy, I could write a whole thing up on those two... Maybe I will go to the trials. I think I've warmed up to the idea already...

I attended the trial of Mario Garcia found guilty of killing Christie Wilson in Auburn. I went to his trial and reported on it here. I just made comments of who was in the court room, how the jury was reacting. And just the overall "feel" of the court room and it's people.
You can do it!! :)

Now that's scary about what happened to you when you were working at the record store! :eek:

I attended the trial of Mario Garcia found guilty of killing Christie Wilson in Auburn. I went to his trial and reported on it here. I just made comments of who was in the court room, how the jury was reacting. And just the overall "feel" of the court room and it's people.
You can do it!! :)

Now that's scary about what happened to you when you were working at the record store! :eek:

Very scary, indeed! Kara is the reason I first found websleuths, I only lurked a good 10 years or so before actually joining... it's what really solidified the idea of "missing persons" being more than just a thing you hear about on the news. Whenever they came in the store, she was that kid that reminded me of me when I was that age. And the kids in Kylr's band were absolute sweetheart goofy kids (despite being like, totally metal :rolleyes:) and would hang out for hours being silly. When kylr wasn't around of course. He didn't always come with them, but when he did he brought a dark, walking-on-eggshells vibe with him that changed everyone's' demeanor.
I will try my absolute darndest to make it to the trials and report back!

Writing all that stuff out kind of makes me want to find out more about pemissions for recording or note taking... I do have a lot of experience as an observer with KY and Co, and I (obviously) can get in a hefty word count when writing. Not sure if I could write a book, but not sure I couldn't either. I just don't' wanna be a sleazy weirdo about it or disrespect these girls mothers in any way because they are amazing women who are deserving of sainthood IMO. I'm just so excited this is finally real.

Very scary, indeed! Kara is the reason I first found websleuths, I only lurked a good 10 years or so before actually joining... it's what really solidified the idea of "missing persons" being more than just a thing you hear about on the news. Whenever they came in the store, she was that kid that reminded me of me when I was that age. And the kids in Kylr's band were absolute sweetheart goofy kids (despite being like, totally metal :rolleyes:) and would hang out for hours being silly. When kylr wasn't around of course. He didn't always come with them, but when he did he brought a dark, walking-on-eggshells vibe with him that changed everyone's' demeanor.
I will try my absolute darndest to make it to the trials and report back!

Writing all that stuff out kind of makes me want to find out more about pemissions for recording or note taking... I do have a lot of experience as an observer with KY and Co, and I (obviously) can get in a hefty word count when writing. Not sure if I could write a book, but not sure I couldn't either. I just don't' wanna be a sleazy weirdo about it or disrespect these girls mothers in any way because they are amazing women who are deserving of sainthood IMO. I'm just so excited this is finally real.

Welcome, Ubee! Kara is the reason I found websleuths as well, and like you lurked for a long time. Jessica's disappearance is what prompted me to finally join. I'm on the Kansas side, and not in the least bit connected to anyone involved in any way, but these girls and their cases feel very near and it seems like forever that we've been waiting for justice.

Things seem to be going very slowly, but maybe that's just because it's summer...and I'm impatient for this show to get on the road! I was good with no news for a while, but now I'm getting antsy! It's good that they're going slowly, though. This way, no stone gets unturned and the prosecution will have hopefully gotten all their ducks in neat rows by the time the actual trial date comes.

Thanks for sharing all of your insights! It's good to have someone more local, with a real connection to one of the girls as well as the perpetrator! Welcome, again!

I read through all those, and I'm not sure I qualify for any verification? I'm still planning on going to the court stuff and observing and possibly writing something or other and getting a feel for the whole thing. I'm probably being overly cautious, but I don't want to insert myself into the mix and feel like I'm taking something away from the people it really belongs to. I know it doesn't really work like that, but that's what it feels like kind of. And truthfully I'm very worried that for some dumb reason KY will be aquitted and I don't want to get on his radar more than I already have. He has a "type"... weeks before Jessica went missing I was walking out of a gas station and accidentally whacked a guy with the door. That guy was KY, neck tattoos and all. I get back to the car and my husband asks me "do we know that creepy guy? He just stood there and watched you walk all the way across the parking lot!" So I told him who it was and he says "isn't he supposed to be in prison though?" And i just said yeah, but there he is...
And here we are today...

I read through all those, and I'm not sure I qualify for any verification? I'm still planning on going to the court stuff and observing and possibly writing something or other and getting a feel for the whole thing. I'm probably being overly cautious, but I don't want to insert myself into the mix and feel like I'm taking something away from the people it really belongs to. I know it doesn't really work like that, but that's what it feels like kind of. And truthfully I'm very worried that for some dumb reason KY will be aquitted and I don't want to get on his radar more than I already have. He has a "type"... weeks before Jessica went missing I was walking out of a gas station and accidentally whacked a guy with the door. That guy was KY, neck tattoos and all. I get back to the car and my husband asks me "do we know that creepy guy? He just stood there and watched you walk all the way across the parking lot!" So I told him who it was and he says "isn't he supposed to be in prison though?" And i just said yeah, but there he is...
And here we are today...

RBBM

Good grief!!! That makes my hair stand on end!! I'm glad you are okay.

Looking forward to any updates you can provide us as his trial progresses.

Justice for Jessica and Kara!!!

I read through all those, and I'm not sure I qualify for any verification? I'm still planning on going to the court stuff and observing and possibly writing something or other and getting a feel for the whole thing...

RSBM

Do we still have verified locals? Or was that done away with?

No we used to have verified locals as well. People who weren’t directly related to the case but in the area.

From what I understand, locals can say whatever they want. We only need VIs when facts are being presented about the case or victims by someone that are not verifiable by any other means.

While I would love to hear more stories about Kylr (and especially would love to hear some stories about Kara and Jessica's happier days), specifics like what JC may have told you, Ubee, should be kept under wraps for now as you could be called as a witness.

From what I understand, locals can say whatever they want. We only need VIs when facts are being presented about the case or victims by someone that are not verifiable by any other means.

While I would love to hear more stories about Kylr (and especially would love to hear some stories about Kara and Jessica's happier days), specifics like what JC may have told you, Ubee, should be kept under wraps for now as you could be called as a witness.

RBBM

Yes, very, very true.

Yeah, I'm not even entirely sure it was JC, it could have been some random weirdo. It was just so oddly specific and detailed though that the only people I've told are the police 11 years ago and my immediate family. . And i think those are my only stories of any minute importance that's relevant. Again, I may be overly cautious, and probably will continue to be if I do gather any info at court appearances, but the last thing I want on this earth is for KY to be able to harm anyone again. These girls deserve justice ASAP.

Yeah, I'm not even entirely sure it was JC, it could have been some random weirdo. It was just so oddly specific and detailed though that the only people I've told are the police 11 years ago and my immediate family. . And i think those are my only stories of any minute importance that's relevant. Again, I may be overly cautious, and probably will continue to be if I do gather any info at court appearances, but the last thing I want on this earth is for KY to be able to harm anyone again. These girls deserve justice ASAP.

Your safety is the most important thing. Period.

Don't get me wrong when I say this--I want KY put away forever, but not at the expense of anyone's life. KY has taken two lives (and possibly more); we don't want him to harm any one else.

Last edited:
I'm not going to be able to go to the hearing thing tomorrow :mad: My car decided to completely crap out on Friday and I thought it might be fixed by Monday, but it is not going to be done for a while, so I am a shut-in for the time being dang it. Hopefuly by the next one I will have a car that doesn't self destruct or this one learns it's lesson.

Monday, June 18th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) – MO – Kara Elise Kopetsky (17) (May 4, 2007) & Jessica S. Runions (21) (Sept. 8, 2016) – Kylr Charles Yust (29/18 in 2007) indicted (3/1/18) on 2 counts of 1st degree & 2 counts of abandonment of a corpse; plead not guilty; $1M cash only bond; originally charged with burning Jessica’s car. Trial was set to begin Oct. 23, 2017; felony charges dismissed on Oct. 5, 2017. 3/1/18 waived his prelim hearings, will have formal arraignment today.

Sorry to hear your car crapped out on you Ubee!!

It's only an arraignment, so it will go by pretty quick! You probably won't miss much. Wondering if there is any one tweetering or live stream??

Next court date set for Kylr Yust during arraignment in Cass County

Additional date of July 16th 2018 at 1:30 pm is set so he can discuss clothing options. Because pretty princess KY thinks he's the belle of the ball. I think my eyes rolled so hard they went all the way around

That article didn't mention a trial start date, so I'm not actually sure if the formal arraignment has taken place or will be decided July 16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine