UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the location would seem more than a coincidence. Pike Co probably calls BCI for these cases for help in processing evidence at the crime or death scene. They also contract with Hamilton County for their autopsies .
I’ve just personally never seen BCI be involved in a suspected suicide. I’m sure stranger things have happened in this world though. The days and weeks to come are going to be interesting, IMHO. Prayers to the family.

Do you think the officer involved shooting may have been some of the same people Jody Barry wrote about in this article? In writing that article Barry hinted that it was related to the Rhoden murders.

I was trying to find that article a few weeks ago, glad you found it.

ETA: The Ohio AG ' S office was involved in the investigation of that 2006 double murder case, too.

I’m sorry to ask a question I should know the answer to, but my brain is on overload from all of the information I’ve taken in, in the last 24 hours along with day to day life...understanding for my lack of remembering at this exact moment is greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

Were the W’s known to be involved with motorcycles-did they ride them at all or have any biker buddies? I promise this question has relevance.

I’m sorry to ask a question I should know the answer to, but my brain is on overload from all of the information I’ve taken in, in the last 24 hours along with day to day life...understanding for my lack of remembering at this exact moment is greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

Were the W’s known to be involved with motorcycles-did they ride them at all or have any biker buddies? I promise this question has relevance.

I don't recall motorcycles being mentioned in the stuff they moved with them to AK or left behind in OH. Perhaps not everything was reported. Maybe they had customers who rode motorcycles.

I don't recall motorcycles being mentioned in the stuff they moved with them to AK or left behind in OH. Perhaps not everything was reported. Maybe they had customers who rode motorcycles.
Thank you. I don’t remember ever reading that anywhere either.

I’m just curious if they have any links or connections to the latter two suspects named in this case. I don’t know that they do, but IMO there is strong possibility they may know each other.

New charges and arrest in suspected murder of 77-year old woman in Pike County

Thank you. I don’t remember ever reading that anywhere either.

I’m just curious if they have any links or connections to the latter two suspects named in this case. I don’t know that they do, but IMO there is strong possibility they may know each other.

New charges and arrest in suspected murder of 77-year old woman in Pike County
Or did they have a connection to Curtis francis and Jenn ifer Burgette, the couple who were murdered in their bed in 2006, per Jody Bar ' s article? Were there other killers linked to the Wags who also killed that couple?

ETA: The Jody Barry article also said that Pike County sheriff's office searched that property on Wynn rd in July 2016.

Last edited:
Is anyone able to clarify if it’s protocol for Pike Co to call BCI to handle incidents? BCI is handling the investigation of the deceased woman found yesterday morning as well as the officer involved shooting this evening.

Another thing to note, while I cannot confirm the exact location on Lapperell Road that the woman was found yesterday, but this elderly lady was found back in November 2017, on the same road.

Maybe I’m overthinking it, but it’s not something I can just set off to the side as unrelated to this case as of this moment. All JMHO.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.chillicothegazette.com/amp/892439001

BBM
I'm leaning that way too. Those poor women. Just awful.

I got the road to pull up, using Hilltop Bar, it's about 2.5 miles from the address in the article. The number of the road is 6. It's kinda remote.

This photo was reportedly taken in Alaska.
Oh my gosh, thank you! That’s why I remember a motorcycle. I knew I had seen one somewhere at sometime. I’m curious to know if they owned that prior to moving and/or if they owned any bikes while still in the lower 48.

That bike looks to be a dual purpose 650. They can be ridden short distances on the highway but those knobby tires will beat you to death.

Here is a link to Kerns' father's obit.
Obituary for John Henry Kerns at Thompson Funeral Home

TS was 44. BF was 20. JK was 49. I kind of agree with Reader, that this was for her mother's check. TS may have been strung out, (she looks strung out in the mugshot), and neglected her mother, and she died. Daughter and her young boyfriend, didn't want to lose that check, so, they hide the body, then try to completely do away with her body. My guess is, that BF was hanging around for the check, and free drugs, from TS. How the other female, that was found nearby, comes into play, idk, but, I've got a couple theories, however, I'm keeping them close to vest for now.

WRT Violet, did she live on Lapperell Rd?

I also noticed last night, WRT the officer involved shooting on Wynn Rd & Jody Barr's article about the 2006 unsolved murders of Curtis and Burgette, one of the suspects in those murders is in jail for running a meth lab.

That bike looks to be a dual purpose 650. They can be ridden short distances on the highway but those knobby tires will beat you to death.

Here is a link to Kerns' father's obit.
Obituary for John Henry Kerns at Thompson Funeral Home

TS was 44. BF was 20. JK was 49. I kind of agree with Reader, that this was for her mother's check. TS may have been strung out, (she looks strung out in the mugshot), and neglected her mother, and she died. Daughter and her young boyfriend, didn't want to lose that check, so, they hide the body, then try to completely do away with her body. My guess is, that BF was hanging around for the check, and free drugs, from TS. How the other female, that was found nearby, comes into play, idk, but, I've got a couple theories, however, I'm keeping them close to vest for now.
I’ve got a couple theories as well. I’m waiting for a preliminary autopsy report and her name to be officially released, however TOS are making me sit on my hands right now.

In regards to TS’ boyfriend, IMO his mother has an unsolved death dating back to before 2010. I can’t find her obituary but Pike County Courts show him and a sibling being placed in the guardianship of family members when they were young teenagers.

ETA-CM’s (TS’ bf/2nd suspect listed in Nov 2017 case) Mother’s side of the family are Gibson’s, per this obituary. It lists his mother as preceding his grandfather in death. David E. Gibson's Obituary on Pike County News Watchman

Last edited:
WRT Violet, did she live on Lapperell Rd?

I also noticed last night, WRT the officer involved shooting on Wynn Rd & Jody Barr's article about the 2006 unsolved murders of Curtis and Burgette, one of the suspects in those murders is in jail for running a meth lab.
I don’t believe so. I think grassyfork.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members