Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you only get a 2 year passport? Just curious because I always thought they were 5 years and then up until recently 10. Anyone know more about passports?

When we first saw those images from Maple Gate I too noticed the two year time limit on his passport but couldn't come up with a reason off the top of my head. Your question prompted me to have a look:
I bolded the last line. I'm guessing he couldn't provide "direct" proof of citizenship but given he had a British passport and one could extrapolate from that that the British government had been satisfied he had lineage out a descendant who was Canadian and he would have been able to prove residency here that they granted him this temp passport.
Anybody have any thoughts?

Passport Applications
General Information
Canadian passport services are available from:

• the Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi for residents of the emirate of Abu Dhabi
  • the Consulate General of Canada in Dubai for residents of Dubai and the Northern Emirates
Passport applications may be submitted in person to the Consular Section in Abu Dhabi from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, and in Dubai from 8:00 am to 11:00 am

The applicant has to submit his/her application in person or through a family member provided that the applicant picks up his/her passport in person.

Processing time
It takes 20 working days to process a passport application once the necessary forms, supporting documents and fees are received. You should plan accordingly to avoid disappointment.

Validity
  • Canadian passports issued to adults are valid for 5 years or 10 years (optional).
  • Canadian passports issued to children who have a proof of citizenship (0 to15 years of age) are valid for 5 years.
  • Canadian passports issued to children/adults without proof of citizenship are valid for 2 years (Limited validity passport).

If I remember correctly, a Visa charge doesn't appear on the customer's statement until the business owner closes the batch, which is generally done at the end of the business day. So even if pizza was purchased before midnight, if the batch wasn't closed until 2:00 am, then it wouldn't appear on the Visa statement until Nov 29th.

Is there someone who can test this? It would be useful to know for sure.

I was thinking the same thing that often charges appear a day later.

When we first saw those images from Maple Gate I too noticed the two year time limit on his passport but couldn't come up with a reason off the top of my head. Your question prompted me to have a look:
I bolded the last line. I'm guessing he couldn't provide "direct" proof of citizenship but given he had a British passport and one could extrapolate from that that the British government had been satisfied he had lineage out a descendant who was Canadian and he would have been able to prove residency here that they granted him this temp passport.
Anybody have any thoughts?

Passport Applications
General Information
Canadian passport services are available from:

• the Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi for residents of the emirate of Abu Dhabi
  • the Consulate General of Canada in Dubai for residents of Dubai and the Northern Emirates
Passport applications may be submitted in person to the Consular Section in Abu Dhabi from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, and in Dubai from 8:00 am to 11:00 am

The applicant has to submit his/her application in person or through a family member provided that the applicant picks up his/her passport in person.

Processing time
It takes 20 working days to process a passport application once the necessary forms, supporting documents and fees are received. You should plan accordingly to avoid disappointment.

Validity
  • Canadian passports issued to adults are valid for 5 years or 10 years (optional).
  • Canadian passports issued to children who have a proof of citizenship (0 to15 years of age) are valid for 5 years.
  • Canadian passports issued to children/adults without proof of citizenship are valid for 2 years (Limited validity passport).

Thanks. I noticed in my original comment that I said I thought they were valid for 5 years and then up until recently 10 years...that’s not what I meant, I meant I thought they were valid for 5 years and then recently they started issuing 10 year passports. I got my words all mixed up.

I think what you found makes sense, he had a temp passport. Thanks for checking that out!

I don't know the answer, but what happens if you lose your passport and need it reissued? Does the new one cover only the period until the lost one would have expired?

That had been one of my original thoughts too but couldn't find that online.....I've just posted a quote from
I haven’t caught up yet so I don’t know if anyone responded to this. I think that might have been me you were referring to. We were having a discussion about oxycodone. They found Percocet in his bedroom. Percocet is made up of oxycodon and acetaminophen. I thought they found oxycodon in his system, which would make sense if he was taking Percocet. Does that make sense or did I muddy the waters?

I don't think you muddied the waters Shaz14. I too weighed in on providing an explanation around Percocet/oxycodone. I was explaining that as a prescriber I felt confident sharing that oxycodone comes in 5mg tablets and is a generic product. Percocet is a brand name product that contains oxycodone 5mg and acetaminophen 325mg per tab. It was observed at the scene that WM had Percocet, baclofen and Tylenol #2s on his dresser. That was the context of any conversations here about oxycodone or Percocet. And of note....somebody threw in oxycontin (which is a long acting version of oxycodone)...but nowhere have we read about WM and oxycontin. I think lay people just use these terms interchangeably not knowing the difference. Nobody mentioned that it was found on a tox screen (given a tox screen wasn't done).

I was just thinking about how ghastly those photos in court must have been today, and thinking about.. a dad shooting himself in the eye like that, in the home shared with his beloved only son/child. First of all, it would substantially decrease the home's property value, and he'd know this. Secondly, was he THAT inconsolably depressed that he would leave that sight for that very beloved person to find? And thirdly, would he not have a glimmer of a thought that potentially this could be perceived as murder as opposed to suicide, and so therefore, wouldn't he have left a note, just to ensure his son was absolved?

I'm sorry but I must speak to this. If Wayne truly was depressed to the point of taking his own life he would not be thinking about the effect his suicide would have on the value of his property, nor how the scene would look to those who would find him. I do agree that most suicides leave a note, but not all. People who have reached the point of suicide are not thinking rationally

As an NP who has witnessed many deaths I can say with absolute confidence, no, it it not normal for emesis (vomit) to be expelled from the mouth after death. Nor is it normal for bladder or bowel contents to be expelled. These processes have all slowed in the process of dying and thus when death comes, there is no sudden acceleration of contents....that would take a number of physiologic processes to happen that just don't happen as the body shuts down. Gastric contents remain in the stomach with a series of sphincters in place along the gastrointestinal tract to keep them there. Yes, sphincters may lose some degree of tone but not to the point that fluids and contents that are housed in particular compartments are just expelled.

So all the examples on Google are incorrect?

So all the examples on Google are incorrect?

Claroon, I'm assuming you're responding to my post and not Shaz14's post. I can only speak to my experience and my knowledge of anatomy and physiology. I don't know what examples on Google you are referring to....happy for you to share if you'd like me to offer comment/opinion though.

I was just thinking about how ghastly those photos in court must have been today, and thinking about.. a dad shooting himself in the eye like that, in the home shared with his beloved only son/child. First of all, it would substantially decrease the home's property value, and he'd know this. Secondly, was he THAT inconsolably depressed that he would leave that sight for that very beloved person to find? And thirdly, would he not have a glimmer of a thought that potentially this could be perceived as murder as opposed to suicide, and so therefore, wouldn't he have left a note, just to ensure his son was absolved?

I am sorry but I having trouble with formatting, as you can see.

Maybe DM did say those nasty things to his father that he says he did.
WM in his depressed mind and mood might not have left a note on purpose and have thought "You ungrateful little******* It's payback time"
That could raise a reasonable doubt for the judge.

Claroon, I'm assuming you're responding to my post and not Shaz14's post. I can only speak to my experience and my knowledge of anatomy and physiology. I don't know what examples on Google you are referring to....happy for you to share if you'd like me to offer comment/opinion though.
6degrees. I would agree with your observations for a person who passes slowly over a period is days who has not been eating or drinking normally. However, in a sudden passing of a well hydrated body it is likely that some fluids are expelled. That’s been my experience anyway. I do agree vomit would not normally be expelled.

Pillay is asking if there was examination done to see if there was embedded gunpowder in the hands, where there were some abrasions. Herath says no.
by Adam Carter 11:53 AM

Herath says there was no stipling around the wound -- which are abrasions caused by the firing of a gun.
by Adam Carter 11:54 AM

Pillay asks if there was any analysis done to see if the "soot" that was found on Millard's body was actually gunpowder. Herath says no, there wasn't.
by Adam Carter 11:56 AM

"When you retrieved the bullet, fair to say it was deformed?" Pillay asks. "Yes," Herath says.
by Adam Carter 11:57 AM

The 11.54 entry is good.
?? no abrasions with firing gun.
I feel, as the man is elderly, his skin perhaps would be subject to abrasions, as not so elastic.
So, did he fire the gun?
Only my thoughts.
Hope this is discussed, in Cross Examination again.
Defence should not have 'put his foot' into asking this question.

Here, in Australia, properties where murders occur, sell at much lower prices.

As an NP who has witnessed many deaths I can say with absolute confidence, no, it it not normal for emesis (vomit) to be expelled from the mouth after death. Nor is it normal for bladder or bowel contents to be expelled. These processes have all slowed in the process of dying and thus when death comes, there is no sudden acceleration of contents....that would take a number of physiologic processes to happen that just don't happen as the body shuts down. Gastric contents remain in the stomach with a series of sphincters in place along the gastrointestinal tract to keep them there. Yes, sphincters may lose some degree of tone but not to the point that fluids and contents that are housed in particular compartments are just expelled.

I was with my beloved dog, when her she died: within a few minutes, she urinated.
Ok, I know I am referring to a dog BUT...

Reading that article again and this one
From jetliners to police tape
it looks like DM was quite into this project in 2010 and 2011 and buying the farm locally to build a home for him and his fiancee would seem quite logical and normal. It's like something happened in late 2011/early 2012 to turn him to a life of crime and murder. The most obvious thing is money and seeing it disappear before his eyes.

Was that when CN entered his life?

Last edited:
Sunrise was around 7:30am that day so the crime was committed while it was dark. Not sure how the room was lit up, but I'd think there had to be some light for him to get this shot. Hall light? Lamp? Flashlight? Cell phone light? Light from TV? Doubt he just clicked on an overhead light and marched into the room.

MOO

ETA: It also would have been dark when DM "found" WM around 6pm.
In the police interview DM doesn't mention about turning any lights on, but yet he could see well enough to know something didn't seem right, his dad was laying very still, and it was light enough in the room to see there was blood on his dad's pillow. He knew his dad was dead because he killed him. No point in checking for a pulse or gently shake his dad a bit to see if he could have gotten a response or call 911 for that matter. SMH. I speculate WM was sleeping with a lamp on in the room for DM to make out what he saw.

Wasn't it mentioned by at least a couple people (IIRC AM and maybe CN, plus MM said she didn't even know WM lived there for the longest time or something similar) on the stand, during LB's trial that WM spent a lot time in bed or in his bedroom? No one hardly saw him around the house? So why did something seem not right with DM on this particular day? He said, "and something didn't really seem right, about the way he was laying, he was laying very still." Isn't that usually what people do when they are sleeping? :confused: DM is a horrible story teller, if there's one thing I know for certain. I hope the judge throws the book at him and we can be done with this vile, disgusting . Three innocent peoples' lives taken at the hands of this evil demon. ALL MOO.

Was that when CN appeared in his life?
No he did not suddenly turn to a life of crime and murder. There was a lot of incidents not as serious as murder, but he was doing things causing mischief for a long, long time.
He was doing missions, stealing a lot of things and had his so-called friends helping him.
Buying the eliminator with money from the company and I doubt getting approval from the father was misusing money from the company and he bought the eliminator to have a way to get rid of bodies.
DM was a criminal for a long time. I don't know how he could be in a relationship with JS. I think he hid his drug use and other things from her. She has been silent. I think she called off the engagement.
She is lucky she got him out of her life.
DM was destined to end up where he is , that is my opinion..

I tried "shooting myself in the eye" tonight (obviously sans gun). Lying on my left side, left arm extended over the edge of the bed, right hand under chin ... angles were such that I could possibly shoot myself in the right eye, or possibly raise the gun to shoot from the upper right downward toward the left eye. There is no way I could bend either my left arm or left wrist low enough to point the barrel of a gun at a level where a bullet could enter the left eye with an upward trajectory. The mattress itself prevents the left arm/wrist/hand from being lowered far enough to line the barrel of a gun up with the left eye and the bullet in an upward trajectory.

WM’s bookkeeper was brought in as a witness for the other 2 trials, I wish I could remember more about what she said. Anyone remember? The Crown isn’t bringing her in, I wonder if the defence will...

During the first trial, I noted:
- Lisa was hired by DM in January 2012 to do the bookkeeping for Millardair and the properties (she had first met DM around 2001)
- her job was to keep track of expenses
- in Oct 2012, the company took out a loan for $3.7 million to buy equipment

Here's an article about her testimony:
Bosma trial: Millardair bookkeeper says money was “very tight”

Funny how in the Bosma trial, DM's lawyer argued that money wasn't tight and DM could afford anything he wanted, whereas now they will want to show that money woes led to WM killing himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj