Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about the following from the Babcock trial:

Second, the parties agreed on the provenance of a handgun which, as the jury has already heard, ultimately came into the Millard’s possession.

“In late spring of 2012, Mr. Nando LaRocca purchased a .32 calibre Smith and Wesson firearm from Miss Theresa Boisvert. This is the same .32 calibre Smith and Wesson that was later found at 5 Maple Gate Court in the fall of 2012. He paid $100 for it. On June 24, 2012, Mr. LaRocca sold this firearm to Mr. Matthew Odlum. He did so at the corner of Baby Point Rd. and Humbercrest Dr. in Toronto. When Mr. LaRocca sold the firearm to Mr. Odlum there was no ammunition in it.”

Opinion | Dellen Millard and Mark Smich choose not to testify at Laura Babcock murder trial

his downward spiral started around the time he split with JS
Maybe, just the other way round: His downward spiralling had long since begun and because of that, JS solved the engagement? Maybe, her parents knew more to that and enlightened her of some aspects? IMO

I tried "shooting myself in the eye" tonight (obviously sans gun). Lying on my left side, left arm extended over the edge of the bed, right hand under chin ... angles were such that I could possibly shoot myself in the right eye, or possibly raise the gun to shoot from the upper right downward toward the left eye. There is no way I could bend either my left arm or left wrist low enough to point the barrel of a gun at a level where a bullet could enter the left eye with an upward trajectory. The mattress itself prevents the left arm/wrist/hand from being lowered far enough to line the barrel of a gun up with the left eye and the bullet in an upward trajectory.
Explained this much better than I did. :D

I tried "shooting myself in the eye" tonight (obviously sans gun). Lying on my left side, left arm extended over the edge of the bed, right hand under chin ... angles were such that I could possibly shoot myself in the right eye, or possibly raise the gun to shoot from the upper right downward toward the left eye. There is no way I could bend either my left arm or left wrist low enough to point the barrel of a gun at a level where a bullet could enter the left eye with an upward trajectory. The mattress itself prevents the left arm/wrist/hand from being lowered far enough to line the barrel of a gun up with the left eye and the bullet in an upward trajectory.

I gave it a try as well with an imaginary gun, just can’t see a suicide occurring like that. The only other way, very remote possibility, is if his chin was sort of cupped up by his right hand, supported by his elbow resting on the bed. Then coinciding with the gunshot his arm collapsed under him, as a result upon death his right hand was under his head.

Last edited:
Thanks. I noticed in my original comment that I said I thought they were valid for 5 years and then up until recently 10 years...that’s not what I meant, I meant I thought they were valid for 5 years and then recently they started issuing 10 year passports. I got my words all mixed up.

I think what you found makes sense, he had a temp passport. Thanks for checking that out!

He is a Canadian citizen by birth and if he had a previous passport would not need to prove his citizenship again. Even if he did need to prove it, he would only need a birth cert. So not sure why he would apply for a LVTD instead.

I was about to reply to someone then decided not too ... and with the new forum the reply stayed below waiting for me to post like many others have discovered.

I found the solution though!! Click the save icon and then select delete draft as shown below.
capture-jpg.136185

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 191
No he did not suddenly turn to a life of crime and murder. There was a lot of incidents not as serious as murder, but he was doing things causing mischief for a long, long time.
He was doing missions, stealing a lot of things and had his so-called friends helping him.
Buying the eliminator with money from the company and I doubt getting approval from the father was misusing money from the company and he bought the eliminator to have a way to get rid of bodies.
DM was a criminal for a long time. I don't know how he could be in a relationship with JS. I think he hid his drug use and other things from her. She has been silent. I think she called off the engagement.
She is lucky she got him out of her life.
DM was destined to end up where he is , that is my opinion..

Although he and his buddies had been doing minor league missions for a while they didn't start to escalate until late 2011/2012 I thought. The gun stuff started early 2012 too. So to me there was a significant change about that time.
Re JS, I don't think she did get him out of her life at all. Weren't they still in text contact right up until May 2013?

Wonder why the airport manager is Friday after the reconstructionist. Scheduling or something better? Anyone who follows many cases have an idea?

Jun 14 2018 9:16 AM
Today, the Crown is calling a crime scene reconstructionist. This is a crucial part of their case - as evidenced by Millard’s lawyer pushing to have this evidence not included in the judge’s decision.

Jun 14 2018 9:16 AM
Because this is a judge alone trial, we’ll hear the evidence, and then the lawyers will argue over its admissibility.

Jun 14 2018 9:57 AM
We're now inside the courtroom. Just waiting for things to get underway.

Jun 14 2018 10:01 AM
Court is now in session.

Sadly, I can't stay to post, as I'm already late for work... just wanted to let everyone know that Court has resumed.

Heading back to the courthouse this morning for the continuation of Dellen Millard’s first-degree murder trial. Follow along for updates.
by Adam Carter 9:14 AM

Today, the Crown is calling a crime scene reconstructionist. This is a crucial part of their case - as evidenced by Millard’s lawyer pushing to have this evidence not included in the judge’s decision.
by Adam Carter 9:16 AM

Because this is a judge alone trial, we’ll hear the evidence, and then the lawyers will argue over its admissibility.
by Adam Carter 9:16 AM

We're now inside the courtroom. Just waiting for things to get underway.
by Adam Carter 9:57 AM

Court is now in session.
by Adam Carter 10:01 AM

The Crown's next witness is Det. Const. Grant Sutherland.
by Adam Carter 10:03 AM

Crown Jill Cameron is doing his examination in chief. He's with the firearms analysis and investigation unit.
by Adam Carter 10:04 AM

He's been working there since April of 2016.
by Adam Carter 10:05 AM

He was also working with the scenes of crime office in the forensic identification unit previous to this, he says.
by Adam Carter 10:08 AM

Sutherland says he would do scene reconstruction as part of that.
by Adam Carter 10:09 AM

Cameron is running through all of Sutherland's credentials. This is fairly important, as Millard's lawyer, Ravin Pillay, will no doubt challenge his qualifications.
by Adam Carter 10:11 AM

re: DM's steam (?game account) profile. I wonder if the name :"dire need" was also changed WITH the picture change or was it always named as such? hmmm (DIR3N33D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prod3149