Found Deceased Canada - Dan Archbald, 37, & Ryan Daley, 43, Ucluelet, Bc, 16 May 2018

I have had these same thoughts going thru my head. Glad I wasnt alone in my thoughts. Thats why I was wondering what customs would be like going thru Ucluelet. Im pretty sure you can find an awesome boat here in Canada, especially on the coast.
I live in Australia where we pretty much all live on the coast, where there are boats for sale everywhere, but I know two people who went to Asia to buy boats and sailed them home. One of the owners of boats in a Malaysian port was German and was selling it from there and the other was being sold by a French man in Indonesia. I think sailing it home is part of the adventure.

I've been wondering about that too. Maybe they stopped in Jordan River and dropped off something at the property - something they didn't want to declare at customs? They would have gone practically right by Jordan River on their way to Ucluelet. And it seems getting back to Jordan River was more important than reuniting with their families. So I guess that's my new question - what was in Jordan River waiting for them other than a big, rural property?

I don't want to discount that possibility, but I don't believe it's easy-peasy. Canadian Border Control are aware of this possible smuggling strategy too, it's not an uncontrolled border.

You have to report in by phone as soon as you cross the border by boat. You might be called in for inspection or allowed to proceed to port. But they know which boat is which and can keep a watch on you via radar, etc., and you're not permitted to so much as moor your boat, much less go ashore, until you've gone to an official customs boat dock. There is also surveillance of that area because of the lucrative commercial fishery.

Travellers - Reporting requirements for private boaters

The backpacks are what bother me. The first guy in the video has a Cargo backpack that seems empty. He is not leaning forward, pack over only right shoulder and has a wide walking stride as he is walking. That pack could hold 100lbs and is at least 75l holding size. The other guy has two backpacks and they have weight to them as he walks. It seams to me that they were going somewhere to retrieve something that was remote and nobody would know them or pay attention to them.

I’ve been getting “inlet” in my head. So I started to wonder how they could possible get through the inlet. Their boat is docked.

I feel like if they actually headed in the direction they told the harbour manager, at least 1 person would see them.

Then it hit me. Just a theory of course. What if they have a boat in the bag. I decided to see if that’s possible and found these.

What do you guys think

Attachments

• C23C5603-64F3-4605-A05C-FB7E905CC099.png
    C23C5603-64F3-4605-A05C-FB7E905CC099.png
    563.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 2DC5C9B5-447F-4BDF-8CC3-2138F6FA77D7.png
    2DC5C9B5-447F-4BDF-8CC3-2138F6FA77D7.png
    418.2 KB · Views: 48
I’ve been getting “inlet” in my head. So I started to wonder how they could possible get through the inlet. Their boat is docked.

I feel like if they actually headed in the direction they told the harbour manager, at least 1 person would see them.

Then it hit me. Just a theory of course. What if they have a boat in the bag. I decided to see if that’s possible and found these.

What do you guys think

I like that theory.

What do you guys think

I like this theory too. Good insight.

What do you guys think

“Through” the inlet to where? Your post confuses me.

I’m not saying they couldn’t/didn’t walk towards the parking lot then veer off to be picked up by boat & double back down or further up the coast by water; that’s actually a really interesting theory.

What do you guys think

interesting yes! but they would need to move the inflatable boat/paddleboard somehow and they don't have oars with them. By the looks of the sailboat they have (still pic from movie) an inflatable already on there with a small Yamaha engine on the back so it would have been way easier to use that.

Attachments

• astral_blue.png
    astral_blue.png
    705.1 KB · Views: 28
interesting yes! but they would need to move the inflatable boat/paddleboard somehow and they don't have oars with them. By the looks of the sailboat they have (still pic from movie) an inflatable already on there with a small Yamaha engine on the back so it would have been way easier to use that.
These come with motors. They would have to carry it in another bag. This is all theory obviously. But the bag looks similar

Attachments

• 1360CD6D-28A3-4AA3-94D4-195386A8977B.jpeg
    1360CD6D-28A3-4AA3-94D4-195386A8977B.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 28
“Through” the inlet to where? Your post confuses me.

I’m not saying they couldn’t/didn’t walk towards the parking lot then veer off to be picked up by boat & double back down or further up the coast by water; that’s actually a really interesting theory.
Sorry I made that confusing. Please ask anything else. And obviously this is theory. I attached what I mean by inlet

Attachments

• BC3ED99F-898E-4C97-9894-6DCD4810DFD6.jpeg
    BC3ED99F-898E-4C97-9894-6DCD4810DFD6.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 21
Bliss said her husband was a life-long sailor and the voyage from Panama to the West Coast was a great adventure for him. She said he bought the vessel two years ago in hopes of using it to start a sailing and charter business in B.C.

"He's never done a long trip like that," said Bliss. "For him it was just a dream to have that time to be able to sail it back up here. The plan was to have it fixed up there for a reasonable rate and bring it back up."

She described her husband as a trusting person who did not create enemies.
Wife says husband on dream voyage from Panama, now 'heartbreaking' disappearance

Nothing else new in the article, except family and friends have been searching logging roads.

Wife says husband on dream voyage from Panama, now 'heartbreaking' disappearance

Nothing else new in the article, except family and friends have been searching logging roads.

Well, it does clear up one question we’ve had:

Bliss said her husband was a life-long sailor and the voyage from Panama to the West Coast was a great adventure for him. She said he bought the vessel two years ago in hopes of using it to start a sailing and charter business in B.C.

Wife of missing B.C. sailor seeks answers amid 'heartbreaking' disappearance

"It's really difficult explaining to children a situation like this," said Bliss. "It's even difficult for adults to grasp the concept of missing. When I told (my daughters) I tried to be as honest as possible. I explained he was missing but it didn't look good."

The RCMP said the disappearance of Archbald and Ryan Daley is considered suspicious and is under investigation by the Vancouver Island Integrated Major Crime Unit.

"My feelings at this time are that there's definitely foul play involved and that they are no longer with us, because if Dan could, he would be in our lives somehow. He loves his daughters and he would be here if he could be," Bliss told CTV News Monday. "I can't believe that there would be any way he wouldn't have made contact with someone if he hadn't been killed, or was being held somewhere against his will."
Wife fears foul play in mysterious case of men who vanished in Ucluelet

how many more days until the payment for the boat is on? Maybe (i hope) they are gonna be back because of the payment being over. :(

Hi Roobz,

I always keep hope in the picture, as well.

In this mystery, I don't discount anything. I could even expect them to walk out of a spot in the wilderness. Foul play is also a consideration, of course.

There are just not a lot of clues pointing in one definite direction, to me.

At the moment I am leaning towards a particular theory, however, my mind is open in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back