Identified! Fl - Marion County, Whtfem Remains, Shoulder Tattoo (am. Robin Bird), 11 Jun 2018-name withheld

cybervampira

Reaction score
PLEASE SHARE: DETECTIVES ASK FOR PUBLIC’S HELP IN IDENTIFYING HUMAN REMAINS
Marion County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) Major Crimes detectives have released a photograph of a tattoo found on the recently discovered remains of an unidentified white female in hopes that members of the public will be able to positively identify her. The tattoo, which wraps around the woman’s right shoulder, depicts an American Robin bird perched on a branch with red/pink blossoms and a blue background. The woman’s remains were discovered on Monday, June 11, 2018, in the area of East State Road 40 near the intersection of 115th Avenue.
D3BB6661-C385-463C-9DEC-D5665410B9EE.jpeg
Detectives would greatly appreciate the public’s help in identifying this woman’s remains. If you have any information on who this person may be, you are encouraged to contact Detective Aaron Levy at 352-368-3546. Citizens may also phone anonymous tips to the Crime Stoppers of Marion County at 352-368-STOP or 352-368-7867. Tips may also be submitted at www.ocalacrimestoppers.com.

Marion County Sheriff's Office

Hopefully someone will recognize the tattoo. It sounds unique to me.

Perhaps the tattoo artist who designed this will become aware of this in the news and identify the woman, if only anonymously. The police only need the name.

Another article:
Ocala National Forest — The Marion County Sheriff’s Office is looking for the public’s help with identifying human remains found in the Ocala National Forest.

The remains of a female were found Monday in the area of East State Road 40 near the intersection of 115th Avenue.

According to MCSO, the tattoo wraps around the woman’s right shoulder and depicts an American Robin bird perched on a branch with red/pink blossoms and a blue background.
Ocala Post - Can you identify this tattoo? Information needed to identify human remains

Abby Patterson has a bird tattoo on her shoulder (and connections to Florida) but I can't find any pictures of her tattoo. Her thread: NC - NC - Abby Patterson, 20, Lumberton, 5 Sept 2017

images

she was suggested above, but someone mentioned they think her tattoo is 3 small birds, but no one has found a pic of it.
Doh! :oops: Thanks @cvaldez1975 I even liked those posts. Obviously, I needed more coffee this morning, lol. Still would be nice to find a picture of Abby's tattoo....

I found a really similar tattoo here: The Bohemian Tattoo Club and Gallery : Tattoos : Timothy B Boor : Robin on a cherry tree branch

It's not exactly the same (And obviously on a leg not a shoulder) but I wonder if it came from a book of tattoos.

I did a Google image search earlier and couldn't find any matches that looked like the exact design or artist. There are differences in the bird on the UID, especially the beak and the eye ring (but also other parts of the bird) that stand out from all the other robin tattoos I came across...it did make me wonder what was the source of the design, but I have no idea how tattoo artists work and how close the image would be to the original. I did find one tattoo that looked similar in the little red blossoms, but the bird itself...I couldn't find anything like it.

Without actually looking up a picture of an American robin, the one in your link has a beak that looks like an American robin (I figure that as it looks like the beak of a British blackbird, which would be in the same family), but the one in the UID tat doesn't give the same sense of realistic blackbird beak. Just about all the other 'realistic' looking robin tats had a full eye-ring, whereas this one has a bit above and a bit below. The white patch on the chest, that seems different from other robin tats, and I'd need to look up a picture of the real bird to find out if that's even accurate or not. I have no idea if any of these observations are even relevant, but in evaluating the tattoo all I have to go by is that I think I have a slight bit of an eye for bird ID, and that's all I can really bring to the table...

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd