GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

MY OWN thoughts- she couldnt get pregnant.

They started adoption process...

She got pregnant...

They continued forward w the adoption because they felt it was "right" to do

but never really loved her like bio daughter.

Do we know she was pregnant when the process started?

I read somewhere that Adoption in India has been very misleading. The healthy children are adopted by people living in India. The rest go to adoptees in other Countries, these would be sickly and disabled babies and children.

At the time of Sherin adoption, as. Far as I recall no disabilities were apparent, or the family were not told as much as they could have.

Its possible I read this in one of the threads but can't be certain. It was around the time we were having a big discussion about Adoption in India, just prior the home being closed down.

If anyone wants to see the report, I asked Alisha E from WFAA on twitter for it and she updated w it here: https://www.scribd.com/document/379403772/Child-Fatality-Report-Release-of-Info

I'm still catching up but wanted to say a huge Thank You for posting this link!

Holy crap! I'm still reading but so far the report says:

There was insufficient evidence to determine whether the child was medically neglected by the mother and father.

Then it goes on to chronicle not only prior injuries but also Sini's refusal to comply with medical personnel recommendations for Sherin's nutritional concerns:

The report indicated that the child's parents were are not compliant with medical recommendations to treat the child's weight. It wasrecommended that the mother get a certain formula to help the child gain weight, but the mother didn't have thatformula. The recommended formula was obtained for the child but the mother refused to pick up the formula.

Doctors confirmed Sherin didn't have rickets, which would have explained all those fractures. Sini seemed to have a "story" for each and every one - it seems Sherin was the world's clumsiest child. :notgood:

And what does this mean?

An unknown perpetrator was confirmed for the physical abuse of the deceased child, which may have happened prior to her adoption.The allegation of physical neglect of the deceased child by her parents was not confirmed.

I'm sickened by this report. It's worse than what we already knew. And Sini is only charged with abandoning a child? There were "concerns" that Sherin's injuries were not all consistent with the parents' stories. Yet, there was "insufficient evidence" of abuse?

WTF??

There was insufficient evidence to determine whether the child was medically neglected by the mother and father.

Then it goes on to chronicle not only prior injuries but also Sini's refusal to comply with medical personnel recommendations for Sherin's nutritional concerns:

The report indicated that the child's parents were are not compliant with medical recommendations to treat the child's weight. It wasrecommended that the mother get a certain formula to help the child gain weight, but the mother didn't have thatformula. The recommended formula was obtained for the child but the mother refused to pick up the formula.

Doctors confirmed Sherin didn't have rickets, which would have explained all those fractures. Sini seemed to have a "story" for each and every one - it seems Sherin was the world's clumsiest child. :notgood:

And what does this mean?

An unknown perpetrator was confirmed for the physical abuse of the deceased child, which may have happened prior to her adoption.The allegation of physical neglect of the deceased child by her parents was not confirmed.

I'm sickened by this report. It's worse than what we already knew. And Sini is only charged with abandoning a child? There were "concerns" that Sherin's injuries were not all consistent with the parents' stories. Yet, there was "insufficient evidence" of abuse?

WTF??

Right. Unknown perp fits with their earlier description that nothing was done because they couldn’t figure out which parent was abusing her. I still don’t get that whole train of thought.

And why would they choose to believe medical professionals who aren’t doctors or abuse experts over the one who was???

So many missed chances to save this baby. [emoji22]

And what does this mean?

WTF??

Ms. Marple. The day I stepped away from Sherin's case, I never came back...this was one here on WS where when I said "I said I'm outta here", I meant it. And for me, that's saying a lot.

I think about Sherin a lot, in Lucas' case, when I see culverts...there's a cute Indian family who moved down the road from me, the little girl stands outside and belts out her ABCs lol, rides her bike, looks a lot like Sherin..she's scared of my dogs lol but I will soon introduce them :) .

Is there any chance some of the major injuries were sustained pre adoption? It sounds like this can't be ruled out...gah..It doesn't matter. This little doll suffered a life of pain. And died unjustly to put it mildly. Disposed of in a fing culvert.

(Yeah, see, I can't be here. Politely stepping away again. :wave: )

Maybe we can find the little Sherin doll I posted way back.

Anyway, gt, the document is amazing, (not the best word, ykwim) Thank you.

Eta: As one who is in physical pain contantly, all I could think about this morning after I read this is how she must have been such in unbelievable pain, for all her short life...those injuries...when it mentioned her being picked up....

We try to understand. We can not. An abuser/killer is an abuser/killer, could be bio mom, step mom...I wish there was a patter;, there is always, imo. I've seen moms, dads, stepmoms, stepdads, uncles, cousins, friends, strangers...

I hear your guys though believe me. And there certainly is significance to possible indications as to motive. But when it really comes down to it, anyone who beats the $hit out of a little kid...and kills them...

Sherin, Malik, Lucas, Relisha...the list goes on and on...all just absolute dolls.

And what does this mean?

WTF??

Youre so welcome!

NEW:

An announcement court hearing for Wesley Mathews has been "passed" (rescheduled) for June 22.
Sini Mathews' attorney will also pass to June 22 as well.
An announcement hearing was schedule for May 17th. But again, that's not happening now.
This essentially means the Mathews attorneys are not ready to proceed with the case - they have a LOT of evidence to sort through. And this isn't their only case.

Archive article:

Sherin Mathews' Father Indicted On Capital Murder Charge
http://www.nbcdfw.com/…/Sherin-Mathews-Father-Indicted-On-C…

This post has the next court date set as June 22.

Ms. Marple. The day I stepped away from Sherin's case, I never came back...this was one here on WS where when I said "I said I'm outta here", I meant it. And for me, that's saying a lot.

I think about Sherin a lot, in Lucas' case, when I see culverts...there's a cute Indian family who moved down the road from me, the little girl stands outside and belts out her ABCs lol, rides her bike, looks a lot like Sherin..she's scared of my dogs lol but I will soon introduce them :) .

Is there any chance some of the major injuries were sustained pre adoption? It sounds like this can't be ruled out...gah..It doesn't matter. This little doll suffered a life of pain. And died unjustly to put it mildly. Disposed of in a fing culvert.

Eta: As one who is in physical pain contantly, all I could think about this morning after I read this is how she must have been such in unbelievable pain, for all her short life...those injuries...when it mentioned her being picked up....

We try to understand. We can not. An abuser/killer is an abuser/killer, could be bio mom, step mom...I wish there was a patter;, there is always, imo. I've seen moms, dads, stepmoms, stepdads, uncles, cousins, friends, strangers...

I hear your guys though believe me. And there certainly is significance to possible indications as to motive. But when it really comes down to it, anyone who beats the $hit out of a little kid...and kills them...

Sherin, Malik, Lucas, Relisha...the list goes on and on...all just absolute dolls.
I feel your pain. Many times over the years I've had to step away from a case, vowing to never go back. Then I find myself on another one. There have been so many in the last year, each one equally heartbreaking. I haven't been on this thread in a while.

margarita25: Firstly, I am very sorry that you are constantly in pain. I pray that you find relief soon.

Yes, that report is sickening. It's very difficult to read and deal with. I constantly ponder WHY people even have children, or adopt them, if they are going to abuse them. No answers, ever, that make any sense. There's no doubt in my mind that each and every one of my fellow Websleuthers have the same questions and feel the same way.

I went looking for your doll on the internet. I believe you found it on Amazon, did you not? I searched some of the posts about Sherin, but couldn't find it.

margarita25: Firstly, I am very sorry that you are constantly in pain. I pray that you find relief soon.

Yes, that report is sickening. It's very difficult to read and deal with. I constantly ponder WHY people even have children, or adopt them, if they are going to abuse them. No answers, ever, that make any sense. There's no doubt in my mind that each and every one of my fellow Websleuthers have the same questions and feel the same way.

I went looking for your doll on the internet. I believe you found it on Amazon, did you not? I searched some of the posts about Sherin, but couldn't find it.

Aww thank you, that's sweet. Marking this post to find the doll. :heart:

Maria Guerrero
6 hrs ·

SHERIN MATHEWS CASE - NEW:
Announcement court hearing for Wesley Mathews has been PASSED (moved) from June 22 to AUGUST 3.
His attorney is dealing with an unrelated personal matter.
Rafael De La Garza is also still reviewing A LOT of evidence, he says.
Sini Mathews' attorney expects to pass the announcement hearing as well.

593508a.jpg

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/tx-sherin-mathews-3-richardson-7-oct-2017-4.353486/page-3#post-13708758"]TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4

This report details such a horrible life that Sherrin lived! How anyone could be so mean to a little one is unbelievable.

Wouldn’t you think that when the Matthews got back to the USA they would have had a pediatrician check her out?Wouldn’t they want a complete diagnosis of the condition Sherrin was in? It is hard for me to believe that any fractures occurred in India. JMO.

just a reminder....

Friday, June 22nd:
*Pretrial Hearing Postponed! (@ 9:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017) - Sini Ann Mathews (35) - indicted (on 1/12/18) on a charge of felony child abandonment or endangerment. Arrested 11/16/17, held on $250K bond set on 11/17/17, then set to $100K on 11/27/17.
Last hearing was 4/19/18 postponed to 5/17/18 to today.
6/20/18 Update: Announcement court hearing for Wesley Mathews has been moved from June 22 to August 3. His attorney is dealing with an unrelated personal matter. Rafael De La Garza is also still reviewing A LOT of evidence, he says. Sini Mathews' attorney expects to pass the announcement hearing as well.

*Pretrial Hearing Postponed! (@ 9:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017) - Wesley Mon Mathews (37) - indicted (on 1/12/18) on four felonies, capital murder, injury to a child (1st degree Felony), abandoning a child and tampering with physical evidence; was bond at $1M, now at $2.25M. DA will seek DP.
Last hearing was 4/19/18 postponed to 5/17/18 to today; defense still waiting for discovery & evidence.
6/20/18 Update: Announcement court hearing for Wesley Mathews has been moved from June 22 to August 3. His attorney is dealing with an unrelated personal matter. Rafael De La Garza is also still reviewing A LOT of evidence, he says.

This report details such a horrible life that Sherrin lived! How anyone could be so mean to a little one is unbelievable.

Wouldn’t you think that when the Matthews got back to the USA they would have had a pediatrician check her out?Wouldn’t they want a complete diagnosis of the condition Sherrin was in? It is hard for me to believe that any fractures occurred in India. JMO.

It appears they routinely abused her no doubt. But I'm also confident that when you adopt the children aren't given medical exams that could reveal any and all possible previous fractures or broken bones etc. When you take a child to a ped they can't see healed fractures. And they don't routinely just scan or xray a child head to toe to reveal any previous fractures or broken bones. A pediatrician would have had to send every adopted child to a hospital and get insurance to cover it with no medical reason other than they'd been adopted. It's just never going to happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!
Back