Status
Not open for further replies.

liltexans

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Authorities Believe Missing Hunt County Man May Be In Danger

chambers.jpg

March 11, 2017

Deputies searched the home of Michael Chambers after he was reported missing Friday night by family.

Based on evidence found at the home, authorities believe Chambers may be in danger.

Reward Offered For Info On Missing One-Time Dallas Firefighter

March 16, 2017

A $25,000 reward is now being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of a missing one-time Dallas firefighter.

[...]

Investigators were able to locate surveillance video of a person who appears to be Chambers leaving a local Walmart on the day he went missing.

When police initially went to the Chambers’ home searching for the 70-year-old they found a small amount of blood in his workshop, but no other evidence to suggest foul play.

2 Months And Still No Sign Of Missing Retired Texas Firefighter

May 10, 2017

It’s been exactly two months since retired Dallas firefighter Michael Chambers went missing and investigators still have no leads or answers as to what happened to him or where he is.

Quinlan police and Hunt County Sheriff’s Office investigators say they work on the case daily and have even brought in Texas Equusearch, a search and recovery organization based out of Dickinson, to look for the 70-year-old man.

[...]

Chambers was last seen on Friday March 10. Investigators say security camera footage from a local Walmart appears to show him at the store that same day, but his movements and whereabouts after are pretty much unknown.

Family won't give up on missing retired Dallas firefighter in Hunt County

July 28, 2017

It’s been 20 agonizing weeks without answers for Suzy Losoya.

She’s a daughter left in limbo, wondering what happened to her father, Michael Chambers. He’s the retired Dallas firefighter who disappeared from his Quinlan home on March 10.

[...]

The family recently hired a private investigator hoping that he can help them solve the riddle of what happened to Chambers.

[...]

“My greatest fear is that someone has killed my father and has literally gotten away with murder. That's my worst fear,” she says. “I'm convinced this was a crime. I do not think this is just a missing person.”

NamUs

Texas EquuSearch

Verified Insiders:

Pmerle00
Steel54

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Last edited:
MOD NOTE - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS CASE

NO ONE has been named a POI or a suspect in Michael's disappearance. Do not sleuth Michael's sons, grandchildren, neighbors, or friends. DO NOT accuse anyone of killing Michael. Do not imply or insinuate that any of Michael's family members murdered him.

If you don't have either a link from mainstream media or law enforcement or a post from one of the Verified Insiders in this case, think long and hard before you post something as fact.

DO NOT tell people to "google" something when they ask for a link. That is a TOS violation. If someone asks for a link, provide it. I don't care if you think they are being lazy or not. Just provide the link.

There are no approved FB pages in this case except for official mainstream media FB pages and official LE pages. The Bring PaPaw Home FB page is a closed group on FB and is, per TOS, NOT approved to mention here or to discuss in any capacity.

Per discussion with Tricia regarding the facts of this case, we are going to allow limited discussion of MC's wife, BC. You must use her initials when discussing her unless you are a Verfied Insider. Limited means limited. Do NOT accuse BC of murdering her husband. You may discuss verified information regarding her actions since her husband disappeared. If these rules are not followed, this thread will likely be shut down again.

"Basically the only new information that I gave was the following," Meeks told the Herald-Banner Monday evening. "Our phone expert was able to trace Mr. Chambers cell phone to the middle of the two-mile bridge going from West Tawakoni to East Tawakoni. He told us that Mr. Chambers left around 2:30 pm on the day that he went missing. The phone signal stopped in the middle of the two-mile bridge over Lake Tawakoni. He informed us that the signal only traveled 2.5 miles an hour. We determined that at that speed he had to be on a bicycle. The speed was too fast for walking and of course too slow for a vehicle. Investigators went back to Mr. Chambers shop and found a bicycle missing from his shop. We have had two different dive teams to search the area under water and nothing was found."

The statement did not specify whether Chambers was believed to have jumped from the bridge, or what may have happened to the bicycle, lthough Meeks said he may have given that impression to the interviewer on the radio.

"I misspoke on that, because I don't know that," Meeks said. "I don't have any evidence to indicate that."

[...]

A small amount of blood was located in a workshop at the residence, but there were no signs of a struggle and Meeks has said it is unclear whether Chambers was injured and walked away from the shop seeking help or was forcibly taken from the building.

http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/up...cle_0eebdba0-36c3-11e8-9e4d-2bbb09068ecf.html

Klein just made a statement in regards to Meeks:
https://www.facebook.com/HuntCountyTheftReports/posts/1767114760017877

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In light of this new information, I spoke with Tricia and we will allow speculation as to why BC is acting the way she reportedly is acting (refusing 6 interview attempts with the family's PI).

The rule still holds that no one should accuse her of murder on this forum. Also, DO NOT even hint that another family member may have helped her in anything nefarious with regards to Michael's disappearance. The PI's statement makes it pretty clear that other than BC, all family members have been cooperative and forthcoming.

Klein just made a statement in regards to Meeks:
https://www.facebook.com/HuntCountyTheftReports/posts/1767114760017877

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From your link - part of the PI's statement:

We find the blood found in the work shop indicates foul play and a possible
homicide.
Rebecca Chambers has refused to interview with our team. We have
attempted six times.
All other family members have agreed to interview and most have been
completed. The family is hurting, some are angry, and now some are upset
with the events and comments over the last 72 hours.
All friends of the couple have interviewed with the team with the exception of
three. Of the three, one has offered to be interviewed with counsel present. We
respect that.
As has been publicly discussed, there are and were multiple “boyfriends” of
Ms. Chambers, one of which she was reportedly seeing at the time of the
disappearance. Two have agreed to be interviewed, and one has already been
interviewed. We urge the public NOT to judge; as with all stories, there is
always the other side.
Our timeline of events is in progress. Once we have this timeline completed,
we will make it public.

So the house and shop would have been staged and they would be the secondary crime scene only. The original would be another location possibly tied into the phone gps areas where his blood could have been taken. He could have been moved from that location after also. Could have been as few as two people involved. If this is a plausible theory. One of many

So the house and shop would have been staged and they would be the secondary crime scene only. The original would be another location possibly tied into the phone gps areas where his blood could have been taken. He could have been moved from that location after also. Could have been as few as two people involved. If this is a plausible theory. One of many
Working off that theory they would have to be familiar with the setup at House and that might be why nothing was taken like money in truck because it would be their money in the end anyway, IMO

"Basically the only new information that I gave was the following," Meeks told the Herald-Banner Monday evening. "Our phone expert was able to trace Mr. Chambers cell phone to the middle of the two-mile bridge going from West Tawakoni to East Tawakoni. He told us that Mr. Chambers left around 2:30 pm on the day that he went missing. The phone signal stopped in the middle of the two-mile bridge over Lake Tawakoni. He informed us that the signal only traveled 2.5 miles an hour. We determined that at that speed he had to be on a bicycle. The speed was too fast for walking and of course too slow for a vehicle. Investigators went back to Mr. Chambers shop and found a bicycle missing from his shop. We have had two different dive teams to search the area under water and nothing was found."

The statement did not specify whether Chambers was believed to have jumped from the bridge, or what may have happened to the bicycle, lthough Meeks said he may have given that impression to the interviewer on the radio.

"I misspoke on that, because I don't know that," Meeks said. "I don't have any evidence to indicate that."

[...]

A small amount of blood was located in a workshop at the residence, but there were no signs of a struggle and Meeks has said it is unclear whether Chambers was injured and walked away from the shop seeking help or was forcibly taken from the building.

Sheriff believes Chambers disappeared from Two-Mile Bridge
I respectfully disagree on the cellphone tracking and speed. I don't give much credibility to cell pings, because of triangulation 3-5 miles, but also so much goes into what tower a phone will ping off of, it's too boring and technical, but will provide a source of asked to. But LE seems adamant that they tracked his phone (which is questionable) going 4mph for 17 miles. How did LE even come up with the 4mph? It is all subject to so many variables and is very random. My guess is they tracked every tower it pinged off and the distance between each tower to estimate this, which is junk science to me. Yet so many people think this is an exact science and has sent 100s if not 1000s of innocent people to prison. The common person doesn't understand cellphone pings and just believes what they are told
And this post states now the speed was 2mph?!?!

Please explain further

who would be responsible for declaring Michael dead?Meeks said in the Hunt County Theft interview he Didn't do it right?I think Klein said the Justice of the peace was BC's friend with benefits and took care of it for her.
Well of course. A sheriff cannot declare someone dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member