PA PA - Downingtown, Wht/HispFem 18-40, 147UFPA, dismembered, in suitcase, Jul'95

An interesting case with so many similarities to others in Pennsylvania over the years. I feel strongly that there are many connections to these other cases.

Just over a year ago, another Unknown found near Downingtown in 1968 was finally identified as Corporal Robert Daniel Corriveau, who had gone missing from the Philadelphia Naval Hospital. He was murdered and left at the side of the road. The case is still open and active.

Chester County - NamUs UP # 13616 -- Doe 147UFPA
NCIC U853071055 :: 11 Jul' 95

White / Female / 18-40 Y/O -- 5' 4" -- 125 Lbs.

Brown Eyes -- Short Brown Hair

Fingerprints & Dentals Available

Downingtown, Chester County, is in South-Eastern, PA.

July 20, 2015: Lancaster Newspapers© :

http://lancasteronline.com/news/loc...cle_ce0038d2-2f15-11e5-8071-2f28a79d67fd.html:

Includes Artist's Renderings

NamUs:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/13616

Doe Network:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/147ufpa.html

Includes Photos of Shirt & Suitcase

[ By Newbie Richrd ]

The spot the suitcase was found is less than a mile from where I live. I wonder if Jack Lee Colin could have been the perp?

From link, rbbm.
Found nearby was a green trash bag filled with clothing that may have belonged to the victim. Among the clothes were:
a blue, black and pink sweater, size 10, Jet Set brand with Mickey & Minnie Mouse on it;
a denim jacket with a red border at the bottom, Bonjour brand;​
a small black jumper.​
Found away from the trash bag was a white blouse with black and gold buttons.​
The sizes of the clothing were consistent with those found with the torso.​

Anecdotal Information

This unidentified woman was featured twice on America's Most Wanted, who dubbed her "Suitcase Jane Doe" - not to be confused with "Beth Doe" found in Carbon County in 1976. At this time, there is nothing to indicate that the two cases are related.
108_147UFPA.jpg
120_147UFPA_Computer.jpg
155_147ufpa_ncmec_caucasian_recon.JPG
Unidentified White/Hispanic Female
Found July 11, 1995 in East Caln Twp, Chester County

Vital Statistics
Estimated Age: 25 to 35
Estimated Height: 4'11" to 5'3"
Estimated Weight: 125 lbs​
Hair Color: Dark brown, worn short (6-6 1/2")
Eye Color: Brown​
Distinguishing Characteristic: pierced ears

attachment.php

Attachments

• 493_147ufpa_maroon_suitcase.JPG
    493_147ufpa_maroon_suitcase.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 57
I read about this case sometime in 2014. I've followed this case more in depth once I started to work near there in 2015 and work less than 2.5 miles from the spot where the body was found. I've gone through tunnels about a half a dozen times.

Unidentified White / Hispanic Female

• Located on July 11, 1995 in East Caln Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania.
    • Cause of death was homicidal violence.
    • Estimated date of death is 3 - 7 days prior to discovery.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 17-25 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 4'11" - 5'3"; 120-140 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; brown eyes. Light complexion. She had pierced ears. No scars or tattoos.
    • Dentals: Dental imprints available.
    • Clothing: She was found with a light-blue denim shirt with a collar, long sleeves, copper-colored buttons, and light-colored bands across the chest and back, and a denim skirt. Some clothing, bed sheets and a quilt were found in the suitcase.

Case History
On July 11, 1995 the victim's nude torso was found in a maroon suitcase covered with a green trash bag along the Brandywine Creek, on Valley Creek Road, South of Boot Road in Downingtown, PA. Near Downingtown and West Chester Pennsylvania.
The victim's legs had been removed from her pelvis. The torso was wrapped in a sheet and then packaged in a plastic quilt bag. The bag was then wrapped in a quilt and placed in a suitcase, which in turn was bound with wire, taped, and placed in the garbage bag.
The large suitcase is maroon leather grain vinyl with three buckles and a zipper. It has small wheels at the bottom.
The bedcover is this quilted material with a white background and a modern, green, black and light blue design. The suitcase and quilt she was found within were sold at Kmart stores.

The woman's fingerprints did not match with any records. On January 29, 1996, partially skeleton legs were found wrapped in trash bags in the Cores Creek State Park in Middletown Township, Bucks County, PA near Bensalem, Pennsylvania. Also at the site was a bag containing various items of ladies' formal, ladies' casual and girls' casual clothing.
Due to decomposition, medical examiners were unable to positively match the legs and torso with DNA evidence. However, when doctors placed the right femur head into the acetabulum of the torso, the leg fit perfectly into the hip.
Investigators are fairly certain she was killed elsewhere and her remains dumped where they were found. The victim had had a small bruise on her eye and two small bruises on her back, indicating a possible fight but not a serious struggle. Yet, there was no evidence of strangulation or rape. She had a blood-alcohol level that indicated minimal alcoholic intake, roughly one or two drinks. There was no evidence of drugs in her system.
Police presume she did not come from the Philadelphia area. She is possibly not from United States.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Pennsylvania State Police
Patrick Quigley
610-268-2022
Fax: 610-268-3845

NCMEC #: NCMU400036
NCIC Number:
U-853071055
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

Pennsylvania State Police
The Philadelphia Inquirer

147UFPA

Home

I read about this case sometime in 2014. I've followed this case more in depth once I started to work near there in 2015 and work less than 2.5 miles from the spot where the body was found. I've gone through tunnels about a half a dozen times.

Spooky place ain't it? Scuttlebutt has it that a woman hung herself in one of those tunnels - years ago, of course.

There was also a serial killer in the area, long before this case. Check out the murdered schoolgirl from Coatesville. A lot of this story took place real close to Downingtown. I swear that place is haunted/evil.
https://www.amazon.com/Tortured-Minds-Pennsylvanias-Bizarre-But-Forgotten-Murders/dp/1503038327

Spooky place ain't it? Scuttlebutt has it that a woman hung herself in one of those tunnels - years ago, of course.

There was also a serial killer in the area, long before this case. Check out the murdered schoolgirl from Coatesville. A lot of this story took place real close to Downingtown. I swear that place is haunted/evil.
https://www.amazon.com/Tortured-Minds-Pennsylvanias-Bizarre-But-Forgotten-Murders/dp/1503038327

Thank's for the recommendation. I will definitely will check the book out. I did read a little about the hanging.

I grew up about two miles East of the triple tunnels. I now live two miles West of them. Back in the 60's I rode my bike through those tunnels almost daily as I was friends with the family that ran the summer camp further back, even worked there in 72. Never heard or saw the ghost in the tunnel. Always wanted to metal detect that entire area to see if there was more evidence that was missed. Might take a shot at it when all the undergrowth dies off.

Hello all,

Just now getting into the case - I live 10 minutes away from the scene in Chester County. Since her country of origin would give everyone a starting point to search missing persons reports, did the police ever run an isotope analysis on the teeth to determine likely countries of origin?

Hello all,

Just now getting into the case - I live 10 minutes away from the scene in Chester County. Since her country of origin would give everyone a starting point to search missing persons reports, did the police ever run an isotope analysis on the teeth to determine likely countries of origin?
Welcome to Ws mtbroomell, delighted that someone local is on thread!

Who currently has the case? Also, historically, both Downingtown and Coatsville have large Italian communities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back