KY KY - Amy Haueter, 14, Fern Creek, 14 Jan 2005

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Amy Lyn Haueter

Endangered Runaway from Fern Creek, Kentucky since January 14, 2005

Age: 14 -- Height: 5'0" -- Weight: 120 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Amy has a surgical scar from under her left arm to her breast.

Amy was last seen in Fern Creek, Kentucky on January 14, 2005. She is believed to have left of her own accord.

NCMEC

Charley Project

NamUs

Ten years after disappearance of Fern Creek teen, family still seeks answers
Posted: Jan 13, 2015 8:16 PM CST Updated: Jan 14, 2015 6:11 AM CST
http://www.wdrb.com/story/27843215/...of-fern-creek-teen-family-still-seeks-answers
FERN CREEK, Ky. (WDRB) -- It has been 10 years since Amy Haueter's mother last saw her.
She was 14-years-old when she disappeared in 2005 from her home in southeast Louisville, but her family is not giving up hope of finding her.
Amy was last seen at Cedar Springs Apartments in Fern Creek where she lived with her mother. She told WDRB News that it was a Friday night and she had picked Amy up from movie. Early in the morning she went to check on her, the 14-year-old was gone.
"She wouldn't just not talk to anybody for 10 years," said Amy's brother Clinton, who hasn't seen her in nearly a decade. "You know she went out that night to meet some friends and never came back."
That was Jan. 15, 2005.

Why do they think she's a runaway? There must be more info than this :-S she was only fourteen years old at the time, that's very young to just be able to disappear. Someone knows something.

Why do they think she's a runaway? There must be more info than this :-S she was only fourteen years old at the time, that's very young to just be able to disappear. Someone knows something.

I found the following info, but I agree... someone knows something... and so many years have gone by without any contact.

Four Local Children Missing, One In Immediate Danger

"Amy Haueter was 14 when she ran away in 2005. Sgt. Roehrs says she has run away before. "She did have a drug problem when she took off from home," he said."

"Police believe all four could be living with friends or relatives in the Kentuckiana area, but there is always the worry that they won't be found alive, but Roehrs says "at this point in time, we don't believe any of them are dead."

Roehrs stressed that police are not looking to put anyone in jail. They just want to find the children and let family members know they're OK.

"They're not forgotten by their family and they're not forgotten by the police," Roehrs said. "We have family members that do care and are wanting these kids returned. They're out there. Somebody knows where they are."

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?s=5065674&clienttype=printable

Ten years after disappearance of Fern Creek teen, family still seeks answers
Posted: Jan 13, 2015 8:16 PM CST Updated: Jan 14, 2015 6:11 AM CST
http://www.wdrb.com/story/27843215/...of-fern-creek-teen-family-still-seeks-answers

Here is the NCMEC's age progression photo:

c7478827151d083bb43922e90fb896bd.jpg

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a few more interviews/quotes with Amy's mother:

"I went downstairs to tell her to come on up and go to bed and she was gone," said Becky Haueter. Her daughter, Amy was last seen Louisville in 2005. She was considered a chronic runaway.

That's why Becky says "when she left this time, even I thought it's going to be a few days."

But now, nearly three years later, there is still no sign of Amy. Her profile is even on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/126-missing-children-issues-general-news/page-2

and another here:
"There are days that I hope that she's happy someplace," said Becky Haueter about her missing daughter, Amy, "that she's living with somebody that's taking care of her."

In 2007, after a happy ending in another long-term missing child case, Haueter talked about Amy, who she hasn't seen since Amy disappeared in the Fern Creek area in 2005 when she was just 14.

"The leads just went nowhere," Haueter said.

http://www.ktre.com/story/22197952/...-families-searching-for-missing-in-louisville

A bump.

I do wonder how closely LE have looked at the family in this case. Whilst I would assume they are just desperate to have her back it is a sad fact that most such cases either involve some involvement or knowledge by a member of family. My main reason for wondering in this case is the record of her brother, Clinton who was 16/17 when she disappeared. In 2012 he was sentenced to 5 years (probation?) for a range of burglary and drugs offences and was arrested again in 2013, which suggests he may have had knowledge of the circles Amy moved in back in 2005 (given her drugs background). Of course, he may have gone awry later in reaction to the family issues and know nothing useful.

I will say that I know Clinton personally and he is a clean & sober man who is recently married to a nurse and has a great head on his shoulders. I think he had absolutely nothing to do with this. And the 5 years was probation, never prison time. Just wanted to clear that up.

A bump.

I do wonder how closely LE have looked at the family in this case. Whilst I would assume they are just desperate to have her back it is a sad fact that most such cases either involve some involvement or knowledge by a member of family. My main reason for wondering in this case is the record of her brother, Clinton who was 16/17 when she disappeared. In 2012 he was sentenced to 5 years (probation?) for a range of burglary and drugs offences and was arrested again in 2013, which suggests he may have had knowledge of the circles Amy moved in back in 2005 (given her drugs background). Of course, he may have gone awry later in reaction to the family issues and know nothing useful.

I will say that I know Clinton personally and he is a clean & sober man who is recently married to a nurse and has a great head on his shoulders. I think he had absolutely nothing to do with this. And the 5 years was probation, never prison time. Just wanted to clear that up.

I understand. I did not think he had anything to do directly with her disappearance, rather that he may have useful information from having known some of the people and activities she had involvement with. It is never safe to assume LE will have looked in detail into such matters -especially when they seem fixated on the runaway line. Obviously he would retain the knowledge of the local drug milieu and the stories even though he has turned his life around. It is possible something buried in that knowledge would trigger a link with LE.

I did a quick glance over the latest UID posts and didn't see a thread for these (possible) remains. These two stories are both from the same station, but they're more detailed than any of stories that I've seen on local media.

Also, I think that the bones were actually found in a branch of Cedar Creek. Fern Creek is the name of the town/neighborhood

Brothers find bones in Fern Creek: 'I just knew something was off'
WAVE-3
(Louisville, KY)
6/19/2018
Two brothers made an unusual discovery in a wooded area near their Fern Creek home: Bones.
Gage Gray said two weeks ago he was walking about 15 feet into the woods behind his home on Beulah Church Road looking for plants to add to an ecosystem project.

"I saw this jaw bone under water and then I saw a femur lying on the side of the creek," Gray said. "It was just very bizarre because I've never seen anything so large of any animal like that."

Gray said he immediately told his brother Jared Sloan, and the two of them called LMPD.
An examination is scheduled for Wednesday to determine if the remains are human and the identity.

Suspected human bones found close to spot where missing girl was last seen
WAVE-3 (Louisville, KY)
6/21/2018
Thirteen years after a Fern Creek teenager disappeared, police are investigating suspected human remains found near her home.

Amy Haueter was last seen January 15, 2005 at the Cedar Springs Apartments. She was 14-years-old.

Around 10 p.m., she left her family's apartment to walk to a friend's house. She was never heard from again.
This week, suspected human remains were found in the woods behind the Cedar Springs Apartments.

"When you hear something like that, it's like I don't know if I should think it's a good thing because it could be her and she's dead, or it's a bad thing because she's dead," Haueter [her brother] said.

Here's the latest working Charley Project link for Amy:

Amy Lyn Haueter
The Charley Project

(last updated 12/6/2017)

I just realized that these bones were found very, very, very close to where Amy went missing.

The area between Beulah Church Rd and Bardstown Rd (US-31E/US-150) has built up a lot (mainly business and/or strip malls) since she went missing.

Clinton is the brother of Amy Haueter. The 14-year-old left Cedar Springs Apartments in January 2005 and hasn't been seen since.

"She was going to a friend's house, and it wasn't far away at all," Haueter said. "It was just the craziest thing. She was there one minute, gone the next."

The discovery of those bones peaked Haueter's interest.

"That's a really big coincidence, because that site and our old apartment complex are really close together," he said.

The distance between both places is less than a mile. The questions are now taking over. What if Amy Haueter had been there the whole time? How could it have potentially been so close?
There's a picture of the lower jaw at the link:
Fern Creek man wonders if remains found this month could be his missing sister

Here's the latest working Charley Project link for Amy:

Amy Lyn Haueter
The Charley Project

(last updated 12/6/2017)

I just realized that these bones were found very, very, very close to where Amy went missing.

The area between Beulah Church Rd and Bardstown Rd (US-31E/US-150) has built up a lot (mainly business and/or strip malls) since she went missing.
Those were exactly my thoughts.

How much searching did they actually do... maybe not much IF they assumed she was a run-away ? Very sad if so.

How much searching did they actually do... maybe not much IF they assumed she was a run-away ? Very sad if so.

The first thing I thought when I saw the story was "Ann Gotlib." The area was much more "rural" (maybe not rural, but definitely less developed) back in 1983. I know that the Gene Snyder (I-265/KY-841) wasn't finished in the area then.

In Amy's case, I'm sure that the Kroger was there and I'm also pretty sure that the Walmart was there too. A 14-y/o is pretty much "adult size" (they're basically all taller than me) and I don't see how the body (smells, buzzards, etc) could have been overlooked until now.

But with either case, I wonder how it's taken so long to find these bones in such a congested area. Runaway cases are often quickly solved with the kid found soon.
But I wonder if they just expected that and didn't do $h!t...

Last edited:
I looked on the Ky Transportation Cabinet website because they have up-to-date county maps and such. They also have a few older maps for the counties (usually from the late-1930's, the mid-1950's and one from the 1980's or 1990's). But the only ones they have for Jefferson County (where Louisville, basically our biggest city, is) are the brand spanking new one (6/2018) and the 1937 map.

I was trying to figure out when her neighborhood came about. Her street was obviously there when she went missing. But I know that it seems like there are new streets and subdivisions that have popped up whenever I go to Louisville, basically every couple months or so. And this basically means absolutely nothing of importance, but her neighborhood wasn't there in 1937.

I still find it hard to believe that those bones could have been missed if the search for her was good enough to even qualify as a "search." As the crow flies, it's about 1800 feet between where the bones were found and her home. That's well under a mile.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back