Found Deceased Va - Denise Martin, 22, Virginia Beach, 19 June 2018

I love their use of other SM platforms to spread the word in addition to Facebook and the news. Where exactly was she last seen at 7am? It gives an area but not a specific location - home, work, school, friends house?
Sorry for the repeat--From one of the first articles posted:

Snipped quote: Virginia Beach police said the woman, Denise Martin, has reportedly been missing since around 7 a.m. Tuesday, and that they first received a missing person’s report later that afternoon. Police are actively looking for her. Martin was last seen by her dad on Dunlace Way.
22-year-old Virginia Beach woman reported missing

I'm praying we are going to hear any minute that she is home safe and just needed a little time.

It's looking real serious, though.

I love their use of other SM platforms to spread the word in addition to Facebook and the news. Where exactly was she last seen at 7am? It gives an area but not a specific location - home, work, school, friends house?
My apologies for quoting you twice, but I came across this and wanted to add it. The video in the link below says that she was last seen at a "home" in Virginia Beach. It shows a couple of pictures of the area that locals might recognize.

Recent Longwood graduate missing from Virginia Beach

A few more details from another article:

Snipped quote from the written article:
"I gave her a call later on Monday evening as I was on my way to our old apartment to pack up our stuff. I didn’t hear back from her and then the following morning I heard from her father that she was missing," said Loya.

She said Martin's cell phone, car keys, and wallet with her ID and debit cards were all left at her home.

Transcribed from the video @ about 1:16 minutes in:
On Tuesday morning Denise’s father says she was in the shower when he left for work and her younger brother was sleeping.

When the brother woke up Denise was gone.
Virginia Beach woman missing since Tuesday morning

I wonder if she had a confrontation with her father and why they reported her missing so quickly.
In a way, I hope so.....because it may mean she is lying low somewhere. But what concerns me is all her friends are worried and searches are taking place. If she is hiding out with a friend, Denise sounds responsible enough to contact someone to assure she is safe and just needs some alone time.

A few more details from another article:

Snipped quote from the written article:
"I gave her a call later on Monday evening as I was on my way to our old apartment to pack up our stuff. I didn’t hear back from her and then the following morning I heard from her father that she was missing," said Loya.

She said Martin's cell phone, car keys, and wallet with her ID and debit cards were all left at her home.

Transcribed from the video @ about 1:16 minutes in:
On Tuesday morning Denise’s father says she was in the shower when he left for work and her younger brother was sleeping.

When the brother woke up Denise was gone.
Virginia Beach woman missing since Tuesday morning
Did her father actually use the word “missing?” At that point, it had only been half of a day, right?

What worries me is how her friends have been reacting from the beginning. They seem genuinely worried. I’m still bothered by that comment about people calling her friend with tips, instead of her father. Why?

Not accusing just thinking...

Is it possible she went missing late Monday night and not 7:00 am Tuesday, since she hadn’t gotten back with her friend?

Last edited:
Did her father actually use the word “missing?” At that point, it had only been half of a day, right?

What worries me is how her friends have been reacting from the beginning. They seem genuinely worried. I’m still bothered by that comment about people calling her friend with tips, instead of her father. Why?

Not accusing just thinking...

Is it possible she went missing late Monday night and not 7:00 am Tuesday, since she hadn’t gotten back with her friend?
I think we are on the same wave length.

Regarding that friend--the first name is West. It could be he/she is youngish and thought he/she was helping. Perhaps thinking if Denise had had a misunderstanding with her father, it would be more comforting for her to come to [him?]. (I'm not certain it is a male).

So, I don't know for a certainty how he/she would justify the thinking but there could be a more nefarious reason for the "concern", too.

Anyway, it's clearly the wrong thing to do when law enforcement is searching for a missing person. He/she could end up having to answer a lot of questions.

Regarding the bold by me--if Denise doesn't show up soon, there is going to be a lot of people asking that question. Including law enforcement, if they are not already.

I wonder when her brother last saw her?

But these are questions for later--maybe she will show up any second.

In a way, I hope so.....because it may mean she is lying low somewhere. But what concerns me is all her friends are worried and searches are taking place. If she is hiding out with a friend, Denise sounds responsible enough to contact someone to assure she is safe and just needs some alone time.
I agree.

I'm so old now that I wish my parents were alive so I could disagree with them. :)

However, I remember a few times--but I would grab my purse and jump in my car. That's what's bothering me--as far as anyone knows she didn't take a single thing with her. Now-a-days, young people always, always take their phone everywhere. She didn't even take any method of payment with her so she could buy herself so much as a cone of ice-cream--to help with the frustrations.

Her friends deserve a round of applause, though. What an impressive effort they are making--it makes me believe she, herself, is a wonderful person to have chosen her friends so wisely.

a bit of new info here. Denise was seen by a neighbor after her dad saw her.

Martin was last seen by her father in the 2600 block Dunlace Way at around 7 or 8 a.m. Tuesday. However, Martin’s best friend, Miriam Loya, said police have confirmed that a neighbor saw Martin sitting by the front yard at 8:22 a.m.

Police said they received a lot of tips, but no leads have been developed.

“If she were to run away, she would have gone to our old apartment in Farmville, Virginia. But close friends of ours have access to a spare key and have been passing by. The blinds are always shut and the lights are off,” Loya said.

“She had a conversation with her dad shortly before she disappeared that morning. She planned to go to the store and check out this new theatre that she heard about,” Loya said. “She was close to her family and wanted to be with them as soon as she graduated — she couldn’t wait to move out of Farmville.”

https://southsidedaily.com/local-ne...ontinues-for-missing-22-year-old-local-woman/

I agree.

I'm so old now that I wish my parents were alive so I could disagree with them. :)

However, I remember a few times--but I would grab my purse and jump in my car. That's what's bothering me--as far as anyone knows she didn't take a single thing with her. Now-a-days, young people always, always take their phone everywhere. She didn't even take any method of payment with her so she could buy herself so much as a cone of ice-cream--to help with the frustrations.

Her friends deserve a round of applause, though. What an impressive effort they are making--it makes me believe she, herself, is a wonderful person to have chosen her friends so wisely.

Yes. This stood out to me as well. Also her friend posted on FB that it’s been ruled out that she has her green bag. I’m assuming they found it at her home. We don’t know much about her family yet other than her mother passed away and she recently moved back.

ETA well never mind then. Just read the post above mine. I wonder how many sex offenders live in the area? Would she take a walk into town without her wallet? And who is the neighbor?

It doesn’t sound at all like she would run away. This is getting scary.

Martin was last seen by her father in the 2600 block Dunlace Way at around 7 or 8 a.m. Tuesday. However, Martin’s best friend, Miriam Loya, said police have confirmed that a neighbor saw Martin sitting by the front yard at 8:22 a.m.

“If she were to run away, she would have gone to our old apartment in Farmville, Virginia. But close friends of ours have access to a spare key and have been passing by. The blinds are always shut and the lights are off,” Loya said.

“She had a conversation with her dad shortly before she disappeared that morning. She planned to go to the store and check out this new theatre that she heard about,” Loya said. “She was close to her family and wanted to be with them as soon as she graduated — she couldn’t wait to move out of Farmville.”

https://southsidedaily.com/local-ne...ontinues-for-missing-22-year-old-local-woman/
Thank you for this. It makes me feel a little bit better. I wish the media outlet had confirmed the sighting with law enforcement, but, still, I'm glad to hear it.

It doesn't seem so likely now--at least to me--that she left due to a disagreement.

But now I'm at a total loss--could she have been abducted while sitting in her own front yard?

I just pulled up the address on the sex offender registry site. There are several that live around the address. One as close as .12 miles away.
https://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowList.asp#

I'd like to know if she made it to the theater.

And the store which would have video surveillance right ?
From the most recent link:

Snipped quote: “She left her keys, wallet, ID, phone, and car behind,” Loya said. “I know her, she would never leave her phone behind.”

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think she made it--especially to the store as it seems like she didn't bring her wallet with her. Unless she didn't intend to make a purchase, maybe just "window" shop?

From the most recent link:

Snipped quote: “She left her keys, wallet, ID, phone, and car behind,” Loya said. “I know her, she would never leave her phone behind.”

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think she made it--especially to the store as it seems like she didn't bring her wallet with her. Unless she didn't intend to make a purchase, maybe just "window" shop?

It would be interesting to know if she would put some money in a pocket and not have to carry anything, or if she was a person who would carry a wallet/bag/purse regularly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back